It's Official: I Hate Georgia More than Florida

DiderotsGhost

I was listening to sports talk radio down here in Atlanta this morning. I've lived in Atlanta for 10 years total and Georgia fans have always been pretty annoying. Ever since making it to the national title game, however, they have achieved otherworldly levels of arrogance.

Apparently, Dan Mullen slighted them by saying 'making one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program.' So had to listen to Georgia homers whine about that for like 15 minutes. They tore Dan Mullen apart for losing to Georgia at Miss State and Florida apart for losing to Alabama in 2015 and 2016.

Meanwhile, I'm just thinking by the same logic that the Georgia fans are trashing Dan Mullen and pointing out their superiority, couldn't you also say that Tennessee has beaten Georgia 2 out of the last 3 years? And our Head Coach just beat Georgia's Head Coach in a national title game?

And then I realized, I now hate Georgia much more than Florida. Florida is a rival that I respect. I just flat-out dislike Georgia.

Sorry for the rant, folks. For the Vol fans living in Georgia, though, you probably understand how I feel.

Reactions: 35 people
I was listening to sports talk radio down here in Atlanta this morning. I've lived in Atlanta for 10 years total and Georgia fans have always been pretty annoying. Ever since making it to the national title game, however, they have achieved otherworldly levels of arrogance.

Apparently, Dan Mullen slighted them by saying 'making one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program.' So had to listen to Georgia homers whine about that for like 15 minutes. They tore Dan Mullen apart for losing to Georgia at Miss State and Florida apart for losing to Alabama in 2015 and 2016.

Meanwhile, I'm just thinking by the same logic that the Georgia fans are trashing Dan Mullen and pointing out their superiority, couldn't you also say that Tennessee has beaten Georgia 2 out of the last 3 years? And our Head Coach just beat Georgia's Head Coach in a national title game?

And then I realized, I now hate Georgia much more than Florida. Florida is a rival that I respect. I just flat-out dislike Georgia.

Sorry for the rant, folks. For the Vol fans living in Georgia, though, you probably understand how I feel.

The biggest slight is they got beat by Lyle Jones coached teams 2 out of 3 times and should have won another had Pig not fumbled

Reactions: 12 people
For the Vol fans living in Georgia, though, you probably understand how I feel.

Yup. I live in Athens, GA and I know precisely how you feel, DG. It's both aggravating and a bit funny all at the same time how selective what seems to be a large portion of their fanbase is regarding their overall sense of perspective.

Reactions: 4 people

Where have you been? They are and will always be a bunch of asshats

Reactions: 6 people
Yup. I live in Athens, GA and I know precisely how you feel, DG. It's both aggravating and a bit funny all at the same time how selective what seems to be a large portion of their fanbase is regarding their overall sense of perspective.

Thought it was bad here in Middle GA, but I can't imagine living in Athens. A local place here sold a Fromm burger and it made the tv news. Yes I now hate GA way more than Bama or FL. I guess its jealousy. They signed Walker and got that traitor Cade Mayes. The hail mary from 2016 seem eons ago now. Oh well maybe they get caught on some NCAA stuff or something. Who knows, Muschamp killed it his first year at FL and fell of a cliff...hope remains eternal!

Reactions: 5 people
It's official....

I hope Helton pulls a good screen out one time next year vs Georgia and let T Smith clean Quay Walker's clock

Right there with you.
The UGA people I know and have heard on talk radio think their recruiting class means they will own the SEC for several years now.
One guy on radio laughed at how Quay Walker “punked” us by lying to Pruitt.
Another called Pruitt the biggest hick with the worst grammar of any coach ever.
Dawg fans have always been insufferable and they’ve just gotten worse.

Reactions: 7 people

Everytime I have to wait for a train to pass here in Greenback, I have to wait for coal cars coming through from Kentucky to take coal to Georgia. I am trying to figure out a way to make them go around.

But that would hurt Vols fans living down there who are too dumb to move. Consider this your call to evacuate that Hell hole before we get this worked out.

Reactions: 4 people
As a Georgia fan I used to think all of the Georgia hate stories were hyperbole. Every fan base has its obnoxious side. Most of the stories I’d read were from ppl living in Georgia, so they’d naturally be around more Georgia fans, so they’d have a higher chance of running into a barker. I will admit that I’ve seen the number of these fans sky rocket on certain sites though. Almost every other thread on some sites is some fan whining about the Bama game or something similar. lol I’m not sure what UGA has done to get these bandwagon fans, but hopefully they find a new team soon.

Reactions: 8 people
Right there with you.
The UGA people I know and have heard on talk radio think their recruiting class means they will own the SEC for several years now.
One guy on radio laughed at how Quay Walker “punked” us by lying to Pruitt.
Another called Pruitt the biggest hick with the worst grammar of any coach ever.
Dawg fans have always been insufferable and they’ve just gotten worse.

Who knows they could be right, BUT ... Pruitt appears to be a blue collar guy (a lot of people look down on), but they forget he knows a thing or two about football and coaching because both have always been a part of his life. Smart appears to be the typical "college boy" blue collar guys look down on.

Personally I'll take Pruitt any day; he's been building to this all his life. Smart played football and let that lead to coaching. To me it's the difference between the guy who builds a very successful business from the ground up and knows all there is to know about the company, what it builds, and who best builds it rather than a guy with an MBA who talks product and metrics.

Time will tell.

Reactions: 2 people

I totally get why you feel as you and there is certainly more than enough evidence to support you view. However, when it comes to the gators, no just no. We'll beat UGA on the regular Smart or no Smart. However the gators hold a level of hatred from me that it comes close to that of Bama.

Never thought I’d see the day where I can tolerate a Bama fan more than a UGA fan.

Too many Dawg trolls on here as it is already.

Go check the recruiting forum, there’s a couple of them trying to say Pruitt isn’t qualified to be a HC.

Check their “facts” it’s all true.

Georgia fans are the most insufferable, annoying, arrogant pieces of crap I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

TBH, they are worse than Bama fans.

Reactions: 6 people

I apologize in advance but my dislike list goes:

GA - Fans are generally jerks and have way over inflated opinions of themselves and their team.
FL - Fans are jerks but generally realize where they are and where they have been. They don't tend to confuse the two.
SC - Mushchump.....can't f'ing stand him!
Vandy - Fans are jerks and they are much like GA. However, they've never been anywhere to come back from. Tired of losing to them (thanks Botch) and am ready to make them the doormat that they are once again.

No, don't dislike Bama. Love to beat them anytime/anywhere but they don't make my dislike list.

Edit: Fans living in FL have much the same issue, however, FL has a recent NC to back up their bluster and they continue to own us.

Reactions: 3 people

I understand the feeling, I've hated Georgia more than UT or FSU or Miami for my whole life.

Florida has beaten them 21 of the last 28 games, including 2 of the last 3, yet they feel like the last three-plus decades have been erased due to their great season last year.

I'm still NOT sold on Kirby Smart or Georgia. I still think Kirby is quite possibly the same coach as Will Muschamp. People forget, in year two at Florida, Muschamp was 11-1 and a fumble at the 2-yard line going in away from playing for the conference and possibly national title. That Florida team was loaded and dominant. Muschamp followed that season with a #3 overall recruiting class. Yet, two years later he was fired.

We'll see if Kirby can sustain this. Right now, there's no doubt he's benefitting from coaching changes and general instability at Florida and Tennessee.

I also live in Atlanta and I agree, listening to their fans and talk radio you would think they've reeled-off 4 or 5 seasons of SEC and National titles. They haven't.

Reactions: 13 people
I grew up on a small farm in NW GA, but went to high school at Bradley Central in Cleveland, TN. I have NEVER been a UGA fan, and dislike the loud, obnoxious, blowhard behavior of their fans... some of whom are very close relatives. Yeah, I'm the one being laughed at while wearing my Tennessee Orange in a sea of Georgia red... but that is okay. I am proud of being a UT alumni, because I love to hunt and fish and UGGA just cannot compare with Ole Smokey when it comes to the good ole outdoors.

I've been around a lot of college campuses through my almost 65 years, and VOL fans are among the friendliest I've ever been around. The closest I've found to UT fans in this category was the University of Central Missouri (Warrensburg, MO - they have a great NAIA football program) and William Carey University (a Baptist college in Hattiesburg, MS - they have fantastic men's and women's NAIA top 5 rated soccer teams and a highly rated track team). The worst fans I've been around were those at Ohio State, UGA, and USC (in that order) and then the fans of Miami FL back in the 80's. But VOL fans impress me most, even if I am biased toward my alma mater.

GBO ! ! !

:popcorn:

I know exactly how you feel

VN Store

Back