Here's what Tennessee's new assistants will reportedly make in 2018

Connor O'Gara | 9 hours ago

Shortly after Tennessee officially announced its new coaching staff, Volquest reported what each of those new coaches will earn in 2018.

According to that report, new offensive coordinator Tyson Helton will lead the way with $1.2 million annually. Defensive coordinators Chris Rumph and Kevin Sherrer will make $805,000 and $705,000, respectively.

Here's the full list from Volquest:

[...]

If we're going to have and keep good assistant coaches, we're going to have to pay them well.

Reactions: 1 person
Awesome 😎 you have to pay to get great coaches and they have!!! That shows that they want to turn this team around and WIN BABY WIN 👍

read where Coach Venables salary went up to 2 mil...gotta pay to keep'em...just the way it is...and,

GO VOLS!

How is Chris Rumph, the OLBs coach, getting paid more than Kevin Sherrer, the DC?

Awkward!

Helton has nobody to form his offense around and you're a fool if you think otherwise. Meanwhile, he will be making BANK off of us. Paying an assistant coach that kind of $$$ is just stupid. USC hasn't been some kind of powerhouse under him if you haven't noticed. We can HOPE right? Good Lord.

How is Chris Rumph, the OLBs coach, getting paid more than Kevin Sherrer, the DC?

Awkward!

They’re Co-Def Ccordinators and I assume Rumph has better resume experience if they’re paying him more than Sherrer, haven’t checked into that.

All that said, let’s be clear here.....JP will be running/coordinating the defense.

Helton has nobody to form his offense around and you're a fool if you think otherwise. Meanwhile, he will be making BANK off of us. Paying an assistant coach that kind of $$$ is just stupid. USC hasn't been some kind of powerhouse under him if you haven't noticed. We can HOPE right? Good Lord.

If you need an example of a subtle troll, check this guy’s posts out. Not many, dating back to 2008 and try to guess the theme...here are a few. :lol:

Well get used to it because Georgia is building something that we can only wish for. The SEC Champs just went into OT in the national title game my friend. Their last 2 recruiting classes are ridiculous and they already have two 5* verbals for the 2019 class. Meanwhile we got a kid throwing our hat across a room on NSD for all of CFB to see and a UT legacy 5* OL snubbing us for Kirby Smart. I do not see it getting better at all honestly. We are a pathetic joke thanks to the UT Administration. Pruitt was like the 10th coach we offered the job too!!!! As a long time UT fan I am just dying inside. WTH is going to take snaps for us in September????? WTH is going to block for the RB's we don't have???? Good Lord this is frustrating.

You people are butthurt, just like me but stop being childish about this. UGA is putting together the best class that CFB has ever seen and there is no reason why UT can't do the same. It is going to take Coach Pruitt 3-4 years to do it but as a Vol fan, I believe. Sucks but I honestly do not see us beating UGA for 3-4 years. Geezus.....:eek:hmy:

UGA will wipe our butts in Athens next season and UT legacy Cade Mays will be helping them do it. It is what it is people. We will be lucky to win 2 of our first 8 games. This is gonna take some time.

Why don't we just admit we lost Mays because we suck? We "might" compete for the SEC East in what would be Cade's senior year or 4 years from now. He and his family know this and he wanted to go where he can compete for national titles before he graduates. You are a fool if you refuse to see what Kirby Smart is building right now, all in his 2nd year as a HC. UGA's Revenge Tour is 2 games away from winning a national championship with a freshman QB. They are SEC Champions and quite frankly, everyone else is in their rear view mirror. Meanwhile we can't even beat our big brother in Nashville. Yet another HC and another plan and another rebuild. Do you have the time and patience it is going to take to get back to being competitive in Knoxville? Go Vols.

When you suffer through what we have suffered through since Coach Fulmer was fired we have become jr. Look what Texas did today in recruiting......#3. We suck and we are utjr. I DGAS what your opinion is, we are a terrible football program. Today UGA just pulled away so far from us that we cannot see their tail lights anymore to comment on how bright they are. Deal with it. :hmm:

I'm certainly a Dawg fan for this one game. If you say you not pulling for UGA to beat UF then I'll call you a liar..............:glare: Sir.

Even when it was the BRYCE BROWN signing :w00t:

I wouldn't be surprised if this kid commited to Georgia even though nothing has been mentioned he was interested. I'm just saying.....UGA came to Tenn and took our #1 and #2 players right out from under our noses! I don't care who the coach is......THAT should never happen. Until we land a stud QB we aren't going to improve very much from 2008. Kiffen has work to do, it remains to be seen if he can get it done. Talk is cheap and we all want to win NOW!:rock:

And this CLASSIC! :yess:

The sooner we fire Foolmore the better. No SEC in 10 years? I'm sick of it.:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If you need an example of a subtle troll, check this guy’s posts out. Not many, dating back to 2008 and try to guess the theme...here are a few. :lol:

Even when it was the BRYCE BROWN signing :w00t:

And this CLASSIC! :yess:

Are you saying this is a Ga fan acting like a Vol fan?

I ask UT to please pay these prices, and please pay no more...

til they prove themselves

He tried to! He practically dared us to figure it out!

Seems to me you just can't admit the truth that we have sucked since 1998. I'm not afraid to call out anyone not connected to the misery that has been UT football whether its a fans, players or coaches. I will continue to call em like I see em despite your input. I apologize for not having 45K posts like you friend but I do have a life outside of Tennessee football. :neener2:

Seems to me you just can't admit the truth that we have sucked since 1998. I'm not afraid to call out anyone not connected to the misery that has been UT football whether its a fans, players or coaches. I will continue to call em like I see em despite your input. I apologize for not having 45K posts like you friend but I do have a life outside of Tennessee football. :neener2:

Can you explain why practically every one of your posts mentions UGA in an inferiority complex fashion whilst you skipped the boat racing Kiffin laid on your boys in 2009, the miracle comeback in 2015 and the just plain MIRACLE in 2016? All the mere NEGAVOLS enjoyed our wins and expressed it...not one instance with you...not one. :no: I know you have a life OUTSIDE Tennessee football...ALL UGA fans do. :lol:

Reactions: 5 people
Can you explain why practically every one of your posts mentions UGA in an inferiority complex fashion whilst you skipped the boat racing Kiffin laid on your boys in 2009, the miracle comeback in 2015 and the just plain MIRACLE in 2016? All the mere NEGAVOLS enjoyed our wins and expressed it...not one instance with you...not one. :no: I know you have a life OUTSIDE Tennessee football...ALL UGA fans do. :lol:

If you haven't noticed, we haven't had much to celebrate since Fulmer was fired bud........and I actually welcomed that. Say what you want, believe what you will, I don't GAS. In the meantime I'll try and remember to celebrate our little victories from time to time....just for you. :rock:

Last edited:
If you haven't noticed, we haven't had much to celebrate since Fulmer was fired bud........and I actually welcomed that. Say what you want, believe what you will, I don't GAS. In the meantime I'll try and remember to celebrate our little victories from time to time....just for you. :rock:

Not a single excited post about a recruit, victory...anything! You predict Bryce Brown would sign with...UGA :lol: And when he picked us? NADA! And get over yourself with the “since Fulmer was fired” bull. Your only references to Fulmer were for him to be fired! Any actual FAN wouldn’t have said we’ve sucked since 98. We were a factor in the 2001 NC race even after we lost the Hobnail Boot Game to your boys. Seriously? Not even a mention when Barnett broke the sacks record? Reggie White’s record. Couldn’t even Google that and pretend? Don’t change your troll game for me, Puppy Boy. You screwed your own pooch and been found out. Onward to alternate account or a new one for you. :wavey: It’s kind of a shame. 25 posts over 10 years and get too gabby at the end and blow it. :nono:

Reactions: 5 people
Honestly perplexed. How does a first time OC and DC command that kind of money?

I have a feeling once the ether wears off people gonna be like, "Wut?"

Honestly perplexed. How does a first time OC and DC command that kind of money?

I have a feeling once the ether wears off people gonna be like, "Wut?"

The promise is people who have been around winning so much that corrective actions are triggered when things don't line up.

First time in a role does mean something will be missed here and there, but you will not get passive cluelessness as the program runs into a ditch.

So it is a bet that these people are driven to win, and know how to.

VN Store

Back