JG Performance Opinion Poll

How would Jake Fromm have performed as the UT QB if he came in for QD mid season?

• Total voters

HeyHeyUT

I think these questions will provide a comparative analysis that should really get to the truth of the fan base's faith in JG as the UT QB in 2018.

I am always amazed at how negative the posts are about him, but my guess is that it's less than 20% of the base making up 80% of the posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
.......I hate off-season, and it will only get worse

How is an opinion poll of next year's QB situation off topic for the post signing day off-season?

Is it much more of a violation than when the sad people with no lives read through every thread they don't like and talk about how pointless the post was? If you don't like it, then why the heck do you waste your time reading and posting... ? Very sad.

g3XmY_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: 6 people
You left off the option that most would have picked:

* Who cares, this poll is stupid

O cool. Another sad poster who spends his day reading threads he thinks are stupid and posts on them.

If you aren't interested in peoples opinions of JG, then why are you wasting your time? No job? No life?

Reactions: 7 people
At that point in the season, with those coaches, the O-line, the dispirited team as a whole... as good as Fromm is, I do not think he would have done any better than any of our three QB's did, because he would have been either lying on his back or running for his life... just like they were.

As Jack Webb used to say, "Just the facts...": our players were under-coached, under-developed, and the fact that they were allowed to slack off in strength and conditioning was clearly evident on the field, as well.

Our recruiting did not go as well as most Volnation members would wish, but we must admit it was better than all the teams that finished ranked 21st and higher! Consider in the fact that some of the P5 teams ranked in the 40's and 50's!!! Let that sink in before we dump too much barn refuse on CJP and staff. I believe he did a great job considering the dumpster fire ashes John Currie left for him with his great, expensive, explosive, "hiring process," and the very short amount of time he and his staff had to work the recruiting trail.

Now, it is Important for our veteran players to buy into CJP's plan for the VOLS and give him a chance, and for them to provide leadership for our incoming freshmen. They need to put 2017 behind and prepare for 2018 with our fresh coaches and with a fresh mindset. Seriously believe 6 to 9 wins are possible, along with a decent bowl game if our upperclassmen will buy into CJP's program and really "dog it" the next few months.

As to Volnation, we can wither get with the program and encourage the coaches and players by being positive... or we can be as negative as we choose to be and gripe because the sun came up this morning, or because the coffee tasted better than it usually does... whatever. The choice is ours. Personally, I expect about 7 or 8 wins, but hope for 10... plus a nice bowl win. Go VOLS ! ! !

:popcorn:

Reactions: 7 people
How is an opinion poll of next year's QB situation off topic for the post signing day off-season?

Is it much more of a violation than when the sad people with no lives read through every thread they don't like and talk about how pointless the post was? If you don't like it, then why the heck do you waste your time reading and posting... ? Very sad.

Well for one it took an hour to see the poll 😂

How is there any possible way that this is any more than a guess by people who have no idea what the actual cause for the QB play last year was? Even the most informed poster on this board (I am not that) has no way of giving a real cause.

1. Too many based judgement based on High School recruiting rankings, (which were too high IMO) and a highlights video, impressive but mostly in New Jersey HS.
2. He needs to mature, see sideline antics vs Ga Tech.
3. He has the tools to be very successful but I wont say great. Adequate will do if he has good RBs and better WR play than he had last year. Scheme could help.
4. He absolutely needs 15 to 20 lbs of head to toe muscle or he will get killed again.
5. OLine play will help. having 14 usable OLineman then down to 3 scholly lineman and two walk ons would make Tom Brady look awful, prticularly when the WRs dont run precise routes, ( 12 yd out that sb 15yd out,etc)
6. Huge steps can be made from Fr year to So year.,

Reactions: 2 people
About the same. Fromm had the much better team and coaching.

Fromm
5 200 yard pass games in 15 starts.
2 games with 230+

JG
2 200 yard games in 5 starts finished
2 230+ games

Fromm 62.2%/ JG 61.9% SEC games JF 60.8%/ JG 65.1%

Fromm with the better td numbers obviously. Not as big a difference as some would make it to be though.

Reactions: 3 people
Just no way to know here. They were in drastically different situations. For most of the year, Fromm looked like an average to even below average passer. They were winning games with him throwing 10-12, maybe 15 passes. They beat Florida last year 42-7.....Fromm threw 5 passes.

They only needed him to not turn the ball over for a majority of the season for them to win. What Fromm showed as a qb/passer late in the year was dramatically different than what he was early on....and he was surrounded by one of if not the best team in the country. Not sure how one can have an educated opinion here, the variables are just too different.

Well you left off an option to the poll. The seventh should have been, "Oh great! Another pointless poll."

Then they can vote on it instead of giving your grief.

I think these questions will provide a comparative analysis that should really get to the truth of the fan base's faith in JG as the UT QB in 2018.

I am always amazed at how negative the posts are about him, but my guess is that it's less than 20% of the base making up 80% of the posts.

Dude, Fromm is on another level and this is pointless

Reactions: 2 people
With Butch, Scott, WRs that cannot get open and one of the worst OLs in the nation? Probably close to the same or worse.

People just fail to realize how loaded UGA is. I mean when you have 2 NFL RBs, one of the best TEs in the country, WRs that can get open and a dominant defense, its not that hard.

With Butch, Scott, WRs that cannot get open and one of the worst OLs in the nation? Probably close to the same or worse.

People just fail to realize how loaded UGA is. I mean when you have 2 NFL RBs, one of the best TEs in the country, WRs that can get open and a dominant defense, its not that hard.

They Had 2 Freshman starting on the o line. And 2 More That Were Backups. They Definitely Had Talent And Benefited From The Upper classmen. But Fromm as a Fr was/is next level special

They Had 2 Freshman starting on the o line. And 2 More That Were Backups. They Definitely Had Talent And Benefited From The Upper classmen. But Fromm as a Fr was/is next level special

Next level special? Lol. Same thing was said about Eason. Like I said, elite defense plus the best RBs in the country make a QBs job easy.

Reactions: 4 people
Next level special? Lol. Same thing was said about Eason. Like I said, elite defense plus the best RBs in the country make a QBs job easy.

Eason is good too, but Fromm is better. You Think Eason Is Going To Washington to disappear? He Lost His Job To A Better Player. Don't Men He's Bad. Just smart with not to sit on the bench when he can be playing some place else

I'm not sure any QB would have had a decent season with the O line that was out there, receivers who could not separate, and bad play calling. Everyone knows what Fromm had to work with.

I do think Fromm is a more accurate passer.

Last edited:
About the same. Fromm had the much better team and coaching.

Fromm
5 200 yard pass games in 15 starts.
2 games with 230+

JG
2 200 yard games in 5 starts finished
2 230+ games

Fromm 62.2%/ JG 61.9% SEC games JF 60.8%/ JG 65.1%

Fromm with the better td numbers obviously. Not as big a difference as some would make it to be though.

Nice breakdown K-town!

VN Store

Back