What if Morris was hired & UT finished 55/66?

madbamahater

Did we actually dodge a bullet by Fulmer not hiring Morris? It looked very likely to happen at one point.

What would the fan base be like right now if Morris had come to UT and finished 55th (247) and 66th (Rivals)?

Is there a silver lining in UT finishing top 20 in rankings with such little time and coming off a 4 win season, 0 win SEC? LET ME REPEAT!! A 4 WIN SEASON AND 0 IN SEC!!

Reactions: 7 people
Did we actually dodge a bullet by Fulmer not hiring Morris? It looked very likely to happen at one point.

What would the fan base be like right now if Morris had come to UT and finished 55th (247) and 66th (Rivals)?

Is there a silver lining in UT finishing top 20 in rankings with such little time and coming off a 4 win season, 0 win SEC? LET ME REPEAT!! A 4 WIN SEASON AND 0 IN SEC!!

I wish you wouldn’t repeat it. I’ve been in therapy since last year.
Go VOLS!

Reactions: 10 people
Arkansas is a recruiting black hole.
It has less draw than UT and the situation was just as bad.

One could argue that Butch Jones left a lot better than Beliema.

Much of the early class were hold overs.

Reactions: 5 people

Someone always has to lose an argument.

Many people would be on the Gay Street Bridge today about to jump.

Tennessee is not far from a recruiting black hole too. Especially with rival teams taking our state's top talent. Arkansas needs to focus on recruiting 3 areas. St. Louis, Memphis and Dallas (northeastern Texas) areas. Hiring a coach with Texas connections recruiting should NOT be problem for Arkansas.....

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee is not far from a recruiting black hole too. Especially with rival teams taking our state's top talent. Arkansas needs to focus on recruiting 3 areas. St. Louis, Memphis and Dallas (northeastern Texas) areas. Hiring a coach with Texas connections recruiting should NOT be problem for Arkansas.....

In case you haven't noticed, U of Ark. is as far from Memphis as Knoxville is. Now, Ole Miss, a different story. Time wise Miss St. and Ala. are about the same from Knoxville as Memphis. Knoxville definitely is in some what of a black hole. But nowhere as black as Ark. At least their is some improvement in Tennessee talent of late. Now just to get'em.

Arky recruiting depends on Texas and Memphis. That's why they play aTm every year in Dallas.

A top 20 class is a good class for Arky. A sub-40 class is a bad class.

One could try to argue that and would very quickly be proven wrong. Both teams finished 4-8 and Bielema actually won an SEC game.

Did you watch what happened during the 2017 season? Heads up....it was the worst season in our program’s history. It didn’t happen in a vacuum, it happened because this roster isn’t nearly as talented as most assumed and, more importantly, it happened because the culture under Jones was in shambles, and utter mess, which is job #1 to correct for Pruitt now that he’s here.

Make no mistake, this is a complete rebuild ahead of him and part of the reason for the poor finish yesterday with the 2018 recruiting class was undoubtedly because of the significant amount of credible negative recruiting done by our rivals because of the ish hole Jones left our program in.

In case you haven't noticed, U of Ark. is as far from Memphis as Knoxville is. Now, Ole Miss, a different story. Time wise Miss St. and Ala. are about the same from Knoxville as Memphis. Knoxville definitely is in some what of a black hole. But nowhere as black as Ark. At least their is some improvement in Tennessee talent of late. Now just to get'em.
Not even. Tuscalooser is over 2 hours closer and Stark over 3 hours closer.

In fairness to Morris, Arkansas is much tougher to recruit to than Tennessee. In fact, I'd consider Arkansas, along with Kentucky, to be the toughest SEC schools to recruit to.

Pretty much every other school in the SEC has a pretty reasonable amount of in-state talent. Arkansas has a great tradition, but there's just not really much home-grown talent. And it's tough for them to pull kids out of Tennessee or Louisiana. One reason they hired Morris was because he can target Texas, but it takes time, and it's still going to be tough when you have to play in the toughest division in college football.

In fairness to Morris, Arkansas is much tougher to recruit to than Tennessee. In fact, I'd consider Arkansas, along with Kentucky, to be the toughest SEC schools to recruit to.

Pretty much every other school in the SEC has a pretty reasonable amount of in-state talent. Arkansas has a great tradition, but there's just not really much home-grown talent. And it's tough for them to pull kids out of Tennessee or Louisiana. One reason they hired Morris was because he can target Texas, but it takes time, and it's still going to be tough when you have to play in the toughest division in college football.

Even pulling kids from Texas will be tough given there are 12 major football programs in the state.

In a four-team playoff world, the difference between four and 10 is greater than the distance between 10 and 56. Seems illogical, but that's the system.

After reading the futility of your post,I first thought orange defense had stolen your password.

Seriously though, I am still trying to give Philly the benefit of the doubt, even though I believe in my heart of hearts he will end up screwing things up beyond all recognition sooner or later. Hope I am wrong, and we will find out soon enough.

However, for reasons you mentioned and others, we got a decent class under the circumstances. But you can't convince the star gazers of anything.

...I am still trying to give Philly the benefit of the doubt...

"Philly" is a city in Pennsylvania.

If you must refer to the AD and former coach by other than Phil Fulmer, please, keep it to "Phab Phil."

Or "Phil," if you're disposition isn't a positive one.

I think most kids today, along with playing for a well-known school, also want to go attend a school that is in a town they would enjoy to live in. When kids think of Arkansas they probably think about there being nothing to do here. While most of the state is farmland and the towns in it are not as well known as some other states. Fayetteville is a completely different world. If Arkansas could improve on the field and show kids how great of a city Fayetteville is they could be doing a lot better as for recruiting ranks.

Tennessee is NOT a hard place to sell. Whats hard is getting these kids to buy in to what the coaches are selling. These recruits there whole lives has seen UT being irrelevant. East Tennessee is a beautiful place to spend the next 3-4 years. A Lot nicer place to live than Gainseville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, etc. UT has the facilities, resources and fan base to be 1st tier again. Just need to go out and win and show promise to get this thing rolling. Once these coaches establish that the sky is the limit.

VN Store

Back