A message from Pruitt tonight to Tennessee fans and others

I like the cut of this new coach, confident and calm. If he surrounds himself with position coaches that can and will coach position discipline, we'll be pleased I think.

Reactions: 20 people
I like the cut of this new coach, confident and calm. If he surrounds himself with position coaches that can and will coach position discipline, we'll be pleased I think.

This. Yes, there were disappointments today. And not for a lack of effort by the staff. But reading some posts, in some threads here, reads like "The Book of Eeyore". Really?

Grow up. If you can't stand to watch, then don't. But how about we give this staff a year of development, coaching, and recruiting before we pronounce them unfit to coach our beloved Vols?

Personally, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by how much this staff gets out of this roster.

So we'll see, eh?

Go Vols.

Reactions: 28 people
CJP is a 180 out from jones-what a relief!!! I think we have gotten a Football coach, first time in at least five years!

Reactions: 11 people
I feel like a lot of people on here don’t follow recruiting until signing day.we were ranked in the 50s when Pruitt got here.to take us from that to top 20 with a chance to be top 10 is pretty dang good. Not amazing but still I don’t think dan Mullen could have done that

Reactions: 10 people
This. Yes, there were disappointments today. And not for a lack of effort by the staff. But reading some posts, in some threads here, reads like "The Book of Eeyore". Really?

Grow up. If you can't stand to watch, then don't. But how about we give this staff a year of development, coaching, and recruiting before we pronounce them unfit to coach our beloved Vols?

Personally, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by how much this staff gets out of this roster.

So we'll see, eh?

Go Vols.

If you can't stand people airing out their grievances, grow up and go away. See how that works against you too?

Reactions: 7 people
8th in the SEC and a worse performance in recruiting than even Dooley in the 3 weeks or so he had following the Kiffin fiasco. All I have to say is he better be a damn excellent coach.

Reactions: 12 people
It’s nice to hear normal sayings from an actual football coach for once instead of “Brick by Brick” from a snake oil salesman.

Reactions: 10 people
There is no way you could be disappointed in what he said there. He wasn't making excuses for the players we missed (and there are some legitimate ones) and he set expectations very high for the next class and for his staff's role in development. As fans, that's what we should want.

Reactions: 5 people
Well, glad he cleared that up.

Should everyone go ahead and book rooms in Atlanta in 2019?

Seriously, WTH else was he going to say?

I'll give him credit for not being a sanctimonious prick like Jones though.

Reactions: 3 people
Translation, we know we laid an egg. Oh, and don't expect us to win anytime soon. Go Vols! Aight.

Not what I heard at all. Butch would have talked about the late start he had and the difficulty of dealing with an early signing period. Instead, Pruitt set expectations extremely high for the next class and put pressure on himself and his staff to coach up what he has.

Some of you are just desperate to be negative. It's BS.

Reactions: 17 people
So far just empty promises and excuses. "This recruiting class sucks...but we'll get em next time I promise". Whatever. Even Dooley got 5 stars to come. We know Butch could recruit. Im just sick of excuses. UT recruits itself to a great extent. You don't get points for offering 4 and 5 stars. I constantly see these reports of "Vols offer 4 star from Georgia " etc. ...as if it means anything. My grandma could recruit a top 25 class to UT. Today was an abject failure....and I've had enough of these empty claims. Hell Schiano would of got us top 15 at the very least..aight?

Reactions: 11 people
Thanks for posting this. This is exactly the strong kind of encouraging message I was looking for. I feel really confident about the players Coach Pruitt and the staff selected because as coaches they know how to get players that will fill the needs of the team they are coaching much better than recruiting services best used as a guidepost anyway.

Even with some of our new talented players who flew under the radar of the national talent evaluators, it's still ranking around the top 20 as a class. You might not be celebrating like I am yet, but it's still nothing to sneeze at, Vol Nation family! It will be fun to see the team develop with the coaching starting next season and then watch Coach Pruitt recruit the top class in the nation in 2019!

Solid work, Coach Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, glad he cleared that up.

Should everyone go ahead and book rooms in Atlanta in 2019?

Seriously, WTH else was he going to say?

I'll give him credit for not being a sanctimonious prick like Jones though.

Jones would have made excuses - and it really would be perfectly legitimate to talk about the late start and dealing with an early signing period for the first time. He also could focus on how much the class improved from the time he was hired. The early signing period went better than expected except for Mays. He could talk about JJ Peterson not even being on Tennessee's radar on December 8th. He understands there is some concern and isn't tone deaf to it as Jones often was.

Reactions: 1 person
Not what I heard at all. Butch would have talked about the late start he had and the difficulty of dealing with an early signing period. Instead, Pruitt set expectations extremely high for the next class and put pressure on himself and his staff to coach up what he has.

Some of you are just desperate to be negative. It's BS.

It's exactly what he said. I put his #1 class in 2019 statement up there with Best Staff In America. He could have the 130th ranked class next year and he'll tell us it's #1. This sucks. We have no shot at the East for at least the next three years.

Reactions: 6 people
So far just empty promises and excuses. "This recruiting class sucks...but we'll get em next time I promise". Whatever. Even Dooley got 5 stars to come. We know Butch could recruit. Im just sick of excuses. UT recruits itself to a great extent. You don't get points for offering 4 and 5 stars. I constantly see these reports of "Vols offer 4 star from Georgia " etc. ...as if it means anything. My grandma could recruit a top 25 class to UT. Today was an abject failure....and I've had enough of these empty claims. Hell Schiano would of got us top 15 at the very least..aight?

There was not one damn excuse in what he said.

Reactions: 8 people
It's exactly what he said. I put his #1 class in 2019 statement up there with Best Staff In America. He could have the 130th ranked class next year and he'll tell us it's #1. This sucks. We have no shot at the East for at least the next three years.

It's not Pruitt's fault your that dumb. He was very clear on where our expectations should be... and if he falls short of that - let your feelings be known.

Reactions: 7 people
8th in the SEC and a worse performance in recruiting than even Dooley in the 3 weeks or so he had following the Kiffin fiasco. All I have to say is he better be a damn excellent coach.

Perhaps you should be our coach....get your resume over to Fulmer immediately. Maybe you can get us the #1 Recruiting Class by Friday...GOOD LUCK COACH!! :thud:

Or if that doesn't work, go root for freaking GEORGIA. They have the #1 class so you should he a Happy Boy!

Reactions: 9 people
I feel like a lot of people on here don’t follow recruiting until signing day.we were ranked in the 50s when Pruitt got here.to take us from that to top 20 with a chance to be top 10 is pretty dang good. Not amazing but still I don’t think dan Mullen could have done that

With all due respect there is zero chance of us having a top 10 class

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back