Vols to stop wearing Smokey Grey unis...

source.gif

Reactions: 17 people
Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
That I remotely trust the Fox Sports affiliate in Knoxville, but if this proves to be true, it's dumb.

Cutting off a revenue stream.

Agree. Will know soon enough. Personally i liked them for special occasions. Thought Nike did a good job designing them.

Reactions: 9 people
They've ran their course. I didn't hate them when we had them, and yet now I'm glad they're coming to an end. It was time. I'm very glad to see the return of the black cleats though!

The only time I want to see us get "cute" with the uniforms is when our games fall on Halloween night. It's usually against USC so I think it'd be cool if we wore all orange and they wore all black.

Reactions: 11 people
I don’t like this, personally. I loved the addition of grey to our scheme.

Not to mention, we broke both the Florida and the Georgia streaks in those jerseys, and Barnett set the record in them.

...... plus mine was expensive

Reactions: 32 people
Just none of the orange on orange as mentioned in the article.

Orange on white or Storm Trooper FTW.

Not to mention, we broke both the Florida and the Georgia streaks in those jerseys, and Barnett set the record in them.

I was wanting to see us Checkboard in Gray & Orange.

Never liked the Grey's. Tennessee's orange is already distinct and eye popping. It never made sense to adopt a uniform that was less distinct because other programs were doing it to compensate for being 1 of 100 different reds, blacks, blues, greys and greens.

Me flipping channels - oh, is it Louisville playing at Cincinnati? Or Arkansas on the road at Oregon when they wear their darks? Who knows, who cares.

I like them, especially the helmet (recently bought an authentic one).

However, I’d say limit them to ONCE per year and not in bowl games.

Reactions: 4 people

Wow, how time numbs us. When I see gray, I think UGA 41- UT 0 and the prayer that maybe we can win on a gimmick jersey.

Orange is signature. You can spot Tennessee even on a 3 second highlight clip. It's US. Gray is a Butch thing. Won't miss it. Wonder how much say Fulmer had in this?

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back