Josh Dobbs will compete to be Steelers' No.2 QB in 2018

That is the Pittsburgh way. Bring a QB in for a year to learn the system and then in year two decide if he is the backup. They kept Charlie Batch there awhile before Jones was ready. Now, Jones is close to move on or Dobbs will beat him out.

Teams with the talent to win the Super Bowl have to have a backup capable of preventing a 4 or 5 game losing streak in case the top QB is out a few weeks.

Thats all she wrote folks! Redshirt Rookie of the Year Pro Bowl Selection Super Bowl 2018 MVP First active player to be inducted into the HOF IN THE BAG!

-Dobbs4Redshirt Rookie of the Year Pro Bowl Selection Super Bowl 2018 MVP First active player to be inducted into the HOF

Reactions: 7 people
Good luck to him. I see him backing up this year and taking over for Big Ben in two years.

You must see some significant improvement. That's what it will take for him to be anywhere near a starting NFL QB.

I love Dobbs but it's highly unlikely he's ever a regular starter in the NFL

Reactions: 2 people
This article means nothing. Remember all those articles stating that Bray was moving up on the Chief's depth chart? and then they drafted Mahomes. Teams do this to try to get other teams interested in a trade.

It doesn't say he's competing for the starter position. It means that Big Ben is coming back and Dobbs is gonna have more company, whoever that is.

Reactions: 1 person
I actually think being a backup QB in the NFL might be an absolute dream job. You make $1-2 million a year, and your body takes very little abuse since you don't play that much. You could easily do it for 15 years.

Reactions: 8 people
This article means nothing. Remember all those articles stating that Bray was moving up on the Chief's depth chart? and then they drafted Mahomes. Teams do this to try to get other teams interested in a trade.

It doesn't say he's competing for the starter position. It means that Big Ben is coming back and Dobbs is gonna have more company, whoever that is.

Tyler bray doesn't have what Josh Dobbs does up stairs. Playing quarterback is 95% mental and Josh has plenty of brains which Tyler bray does not so much. I can easily see JD compete for the number 2 spot with another year under his belt.

Meanwhile Tyler Bray is going the opposite direction after being given every opportunity by Andy Reid. The KC media is constantly on Andy Reid as to why he keeps Bray around.

Tyler bray doesn't have what Josh Dobbs does up stairs. Playing quarterback is 95% mental and Josh has plenty of brains which Tyler bray does not so much. I can easily see JD compete for the number 2 spot with another year under his belt.

True but you have to have arm talent in the form of anticipation and accuracy, both areas where Bray is miles ahead of Dobbs.

True but you have to have arm talent in the form of anticipation and accuracy, both areas where Bray is miles ahead of Dobbs.

I'll make a small volnation wager and change my avi to your choice for the entire football season as by the end of training camp in 2018 Josh Dobbs is the #2 QB behind big Ben.

Reactions: 5 people
Good luck to him. I see him backing up this year and taking over for Big Ben in two years.

I think the same will happen. But Dobbs will play some next year. Big Ben had an usually durable season this year. You know he's due to miss a couple of games next year.

Dobbs will get some spot starts in 2018. Then in 2019 he becomes the full time starter and will develop into one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Keep doubting Dobbs. Just as you guys doubted me last year when I said Alvin Kamara was the next Marshall Faulk.

Alvin proved me right when none of you believed he would be this good. Dobbs will do the same. He will be an MVP candidate by 2019 and you guys will pretend you saw it all along just as you guys pretend now to have always believed Alvin would be as dominant as he is in the NFL.

In finance, they say if you’re correct 50% of the time, you’re an all star analyst. So I’m going to use that assumption with you.

You have 1 prediction on Alvin Kamara that has had a solid foundation to stand on. Is he Marshall Faulk, yet? No, but you made a solid prediction that is trending in the right direction. The rest of your predictions have been below average at best. You’d be fired, but that’s life I guess. As any good analyst will do, they’ll only point to their “correct” calls and observers will only highlight your “incorrect calls.” Get a better resume and people will respect your thoughts and analysis.

Reactions: 4 people
In finance, they say if you’re correct 50% of the time, you’re an all star analyst. So I’m going to use that assumption with you.

You have 1 prediction on Alvin Kamara that has had a solid foundation to stand on. Is he Marshall Faulk, yet? No, but you made a solid prediction that is trending in the right direction. The rest of your predictions have been below average at best. You’d be fired, but that’s life I guess. As any good analyst will do, they’ll only point to their “correct” calls and observers will only highlight your “incorrect calls.” Get a better resume and people will respect your thoughts and analysis.

Its only year 1 for these guys. You guys will see soon just how accurate my player evaluations are.

But go ahead. Keep doubting. It'll make the next few years more entertaining to see how you guys will spin Dobbs success in the NFL.

He's not Marshall Faulk. Faulk made a living running over people, AK runs around them. We will see if AK has the longevity.

Its only year 1 for these guys. You guys will see soon just how accurate my player evaluations are.

But go ahead. Keep doubting. It'll make the next few years more entertaining to see how you guys will spin Dobbs success in the NFL.

It's not an issue of doubt, it's an issue of GO AWAY.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know, Dobbs has the intelligence so it could happen. What people say on here will have no bearing on what happens.

If Dobbs and Sutton and etc etc etc end up being all you say they are, I’ll be the first here to congratulate you. I personally think Dobbs will never start a meaningful game in the NFL and by meaningful I mean any game other than preseason and end of season games when teams bench their starters before playoffs. So we can start with that one.

If Dobbs and Sutton and etc etc etc end up being all you say they are, I’ll be the first here to congratulate you. I personally think Dobbs will never start a meaningful game in the NFL and by meaningful I mean any game other than preseason and end of season games when teams bench their starters before playoffs. So we can start with that one.

The problem with D4H is it's not about our players in the pros, it's about D4H. All D4H all the time.

Competing for the number 2 spot is a slap in the face. They barely mention who his competitor is.

I actually think being a backup QB in the NFL might be an absolute dream job. You make $1-2 million a year, and your body takes very little abuse since you don't play that much. You could easily do it for 15 years.

That or be the head coach for Tennessee. Sign a 5-6 year contract for 3-4 mill a year, do a sh!tty job for 4 years, get and extension just to get bought out and receive settlement payments for a couple years.

VN Store

Back