Who is “the guy” on this team?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
With JK leaving and no clear cut star QB (JG can be but isn’t yet) who is the guy we point to and say “he can make a play”?

I think Darrin Kirkland is the closest sure thing we have, maybe JJ if the rumors are untrue regarding his current situation with JG.

Last edited:
Both Callaway and Jennings are play makers the big question is who can deliver the ball to them?

I would say Warrior or Bituli because Kirkland has to show over Spring and Summer practice that he is injury-free. Maybe Chandler on offense, though Trey Smith is probably the best player on the team. I look for the offense as a whole to plumb new depths of ineptitude due to adjustments, injuries, other types of attrition, and failure to address quarterback situation.

Jennings is the best skill player on the team. No doubt

This.
Jennings is a sure fire 1st down when he is focused. Nasty aggressive player with great skill. Chandler is as dangerous as anyone we've had out in space. Callaway showed signs of greatness

Bituli showed signs of being an Alpha on defense. Warrior is close

Kirkland...has to get healthy.
Tuttle has to stay healthy

Reactions: 1 person
This.
Jennings is a sure fire 1st down when he is focused. Nasty aggressive player with great skill. Chandler is as dangerous as anyone we've had out in space. Callaway showed signs of greatness

Bituli showed signs of being an Alpha on defense. Warrior is close

Kirkland...has to get healthy.
Tuttle has to stay healthy

Why do people keep saying Bituli because they want it to be true. He was just as guilty of hitting the wrong run fit gap too often and was bad in pass coverage.

He is young and can get better but I haven't seen the consistency to label him a potential all league performer in the future.

"The Guy" doesn't have to be rah rah. Needs to be the guy that looks you in the eye and dares you not to do your best. Al Wilson is the standard to judge by.

Reactions: 2 people
"The Guy" doesn't have to be rah rah. Needs to be the guy that looks you in the eye and dares you not to do your best. Al Wilson is the standard to judge by.

If our LBs are half as good as Al Wilson, they will be twice as good as they were last year.

Al is one heck of a standard.

Reactions: 2 people

Agreed but Wilson was rah rah too. I always remember the play where he pancaked the Florida offensive lineman on an oskie.

The “Guy” in my opininion is gonna be the player who decides to play pizzed off with a huge revengeful violent attitude. Haven’t seen one in a while that would stoop to anything to win . Need one badly

VN Store

Back