Tee Martin: Getting Attention From Jon G’s Raiders and Others

voldawgforever

So why no formal interview with Tennessee? Is it Peyton? I doubt it. Has something transpired somewhere along the way to seriously sour his relationship with UT?

What would we have to talk about if he, Peerless, Al, Leonard, Travis and others hadn’t taken us to the promise land in ‘98?

Reactions: 2 people
I’ve heard that if you interview someone for HC with no intention of hiring them at that position, you’re hurting their career. :)
Even before Pruitt knocked it out of the park in his interview and early recruiting, his resume (and the other finalists) far outshone Tee’s. You don’t hire someone that couldn’t nab the Georgia Southern job out of pure gratitude for his playing career. University of Houston did that with Clyde Drexler...failed. Fulmer didn’t pine for the AD job to hire one of his buddies...that gets you fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
Fulmer had Tee on his roster for 4 years. It's possible that he knows enough about him that he wasn't a candidate needing a formal interview.

Reactions: 4 people
Tee probably isn't ready to be a head coach at a school as big as UT.

It would have been a no win situation for UT and Tee to bring him in for an interview when he really wasn't ready for the job. It would have been embarrassing to have to turn him down.

Some things are just best left alone.

Reactions: 4 people
I’ve heard that if you interview someone for HC with no intention of hiring them at that position, you’re hurting their career. :)
Even before Pruitt knocked it out of the park in his interview and early recruiting, his resume (and the other finalists) far outshone Tee’s. You don’t hire someone that couldn’t nab the Georgia Southern job out of pure gratitude for his playing career. University of Houston did that with Clyde Drexler...failed. Fulmer didn’t pine for the AD job to hire one of his buddies...that gets you fired.

This

It should boil down to who is ready to work for him.

Who is coming with you?

That's a question I would want an answer to during the interview.

I think CJP had made a deal with some guys. No matter where, we take any HC job available, and hire each other as OC and DC. From LB Coach to DC, that's a good promotion.

I hope they figure out injuries before they happen. They need to add more staff to The Department Injury Prevention. They need more help.

Randy Sanders had a much better resume as a potential head coach than Tee Martin and he ended up as head coach of East Tennessee State.Enough said

Reactions: 5 people
Martin interviewed for a job that was already filled and was listed as options for OC a couple of places, but nothing ever got serious. He signed an extension as USC’s OC last night

Pretty much sums up the topic, yet we've got to make more out of it. Tee may do great things as a hc somewhere. Hope he does.

Reactions: 1 person
So why no formal interview with Tennessee? Is it Peyton? I doubt it. Has something transpired somewhere along the way to seriously sour his relationship with UT?

What would we have to talk about if he, Peerless, Al, Leonard, Travis and others hadn’t taken us to the promise land in ‘98?

We got Pruitt who is recruiting players who can win championships. He is going after 4 and 5 star players that Bama, Georgia, and Clemson is going after. We got our coach. Let the Tee Martin and Gruden go people.

Reactions: 5 people
The Rooney Rule is a joke. The NFL will just recycle the same old coaches, or pick someone from the Parcells, Walsh, or Belicheck coaching tree 😩.

Exactly. It's just another stupid rule for organizations to circumvent. Besides, it's Mark Davis' damn team. He has a right to hire the coach he wants to coach it.

Oh my, will folks never get over Gruden. All Gruden has done is lead people on and hurt the Vols. Why would anyone really care about what he thinks after the way he hurt the program. Let him prove he deserves to be listened to, a super bowl win with players other coaches had trained and then being fired does not make for a person to trusted. All he has ever done was prove he could talk about football on Monday night. As far as Tee check his record, read what has been said about him in SoCal not Tennessee.Do the research on both of them then see how people fell about them. It might take you a couple of weeks to do the research as it has others but it's worth doing.

Reactions: 3 people
Randy Sanders had a much better resume as a potential head coach than Tee Martin and he ended up as head coach of East Tennessee State.Enough said

And he has about 10 years more experience. I like Tee and always have and believe he will be a good head coach someday.

VN Store

Back