The Gun is Loaded But Unfired

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Expectations are extremely low. Not without reason for being so. But I’m not one to collapse in tears. I believe in my Volunteers. They will do better than most folks dream. I declare them to be a stealth team. Winning games they have no business winning. And that is just the beginning. Sure, that will be a surprise to say the least. But boy oh boy when they win the SEC-East. That will be as far as they go. They will play in major bowl, though. Stealth Vols is what the media will call them. There, you have it, I’ve gone out on a limb. An orange fire is lit and burning hot. Volnation, stealth Vols is what we got. Get ready for a season you never expected. For a team generally unrespected.

Attachments

• peter_gunn.mp3
    448.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
It always takes a few readings to get your point. I like your point of view though.

And if you have any more goat herding as a young child stories lay 'em on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
They may be stealth now. Come Sept. 1st they will blow their cover.

The expectation is to win every game. That doesn't mean firing CJP has to be discussed after every loss. Only if there are ugly losses. I'm counting on CJP to put an end to losses due to poor coaching. I expected that from Butch. He was unable to deliver.

I like our chances with CJP.

2018. The year of the Vol.

Reactions: 7 people
They may be stealth now. Come Sept. 1st they will blow their cover.

The expectation is to win every game. That doesn't mean firing CJP has to be discussed after every loss. Only if there are ugly losses. I'm counting on CJP to put an end to losses due to poor coaching. I expected that from Butch. He was unable to deliver.

I like our chances with CJP.

I agree, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Butch's ugly uniforms... they were not stealthy at all... just plain UGLY! Let our young men play wearing The Pride of the Southland - BIG ORANGE ! ! ! Not that ugly garbage Butch shamed the team and fans with.

I agree, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Butch's ugly uniforms... they were not stealthy at all... just plain UGLY! Let our young men play wearing The Pride of the Southland - BIG ORANGE ! ! ! Not that ugly garbage Butch shamed the team and fans with.

I think the gray was due to Nike. I the only issue I had with them was we wore them in Neyland. They should have been for away games.

Reactions: 3 people

Well I feel stupid, I really liked the jerseys. 😧

Reactions: 8 people
Expectations are extremely low. Not without reason for being so. But I’m not one to collapse in tears. I believe in my Volunteers. They will do better than most folks dream. I declare them to be a stealth team. Winning games they have no business winning. And that is just the beginning. Sure, that will be a surprise to say the least. But boy oh boy when they win the SEC-East. That will be as far as they go. They will play in major bowl, though. Stealth Vols is what the media will call them. There, you have it, I’ve gone out on a limb. An orange fire is lit and burning hot. Volnation, stealth Vols is what we got. Get ready for a season you never expected. For a team generally unrespected.[

Expectations are extremely low? Have you read the numerous other delusional posters like you on here, making unrealistic predictions? They MAY win 6 games. That's realism.

Expectations are extremely low? Have you read the numerous other delusional posters like you on here, making unrealistic predictions? They MAY win 6 games. That's realism.

If "They MAY win 6 games." Isn't low expectation, what is?

When 6 is the ceiling. How is that not lowered expectations?

I don't believe CJP should get an automatic pass his 1st year. He does need time to put things in place and get the roster to where we want it, but if the only way he can win is with all 4 and 5* players, he better get them quickly if he wants to be HC at UT for more than a few years.

Is it delusional to think that the 2018 Vols can beat UTEP, ETSU, UNC Charlotte? I don't think so. That's 3.

What about Vandy, Ky, Mo, SC and WV? They are all close to the same talent levels with each other. Is it delusional to think if we are talented enough to beat 3 of them we could be the other 3 too? I don't think so.

Where do you put Fl? They were 4-7 last year. It's at Neyland. It's not delusional to think we can compete with them and win that game too.

As for the others, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if half of their starters from 2017's teams weren't even there for 2018 due to graduation, leaving early for the NFL, injury or some off the field issue. Is that delusional? I don't think so.

Thinking 6 wins is our ceiling is the definition of low expectations.

Reactions: 4 people
Expectations are extremely low. Not without reason for being so. But I’m not one to collapse in tears. I believe in my Volunteers. They will do better than most folks dream. I declare them to be a stealth team. Winning games they have no business winning. And that is just the beginning. Sure, that will be a surprise to say the least. But boy oh boy when they win the SEC-East. That will be as far as they go. They will play in major bowl, though. Stealth Vols is what the media will call them. There, you have it, I’ve gone out on a limb. An orange fire is lit and burning hot. Volnation, stealth Vols is what we got. Get ready for a season you never expected. For a team generally unrespected.[

With each month this 2018 off season, expectations will increase 1 game a month. By Sept. predictions will be 9 w/ 10 & an upset. Sit back and wait..book it...WVU 1st to fall.....

Reactions: 1 person

I don't believe CJP should get an automatic pass his 1st year. He does need time to put things in place and get the roster to where we want it, but if the only way he can win is with all 4 and 5* players, he better get them quickly if he wants to be HC at UT for more than a few years.

Is it delusional to think that the 2018 Vols can beat UTEP, ETSU, UNC Charlotte? I don't think so. That's 3.

What about Vandy, Ky, Mo, SC and WV? They are all close to the same talent levels with each other. Is it delusional to think if we are talented enough to beat 3 of them we could be the other 3 too? I don't think so.

Where do you put Fl? They were 4-7 last year. It's at Neyland. It's not delusional to think we can compete with them and win that game too.

As for the others, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if half of their starters from 2017's teams weren't even there for 2018 due to graduation, leaving early for the NFL, injury or some off the field issue. Is that delusional? I don't think so.

6 wins should be the floor... nay, the basement!

Let's go Vols!

The Stealth Vols nickname is a good one. I also like the Outlaw Vols nickname I saw someone on here suggest a while back. Either way let's do the unthinkable next season and beat Auburn, Georgia, and dare I say Bama and mash all the Schiano sympathizers' faces in the dirt in the process.

Go Vols!

Expectations are extremely low. Not without reason for being so. But I’m not one to collapse in tears. I believe in my Volunteers. They will do better than most folks dream. I declare them to be a stealth team. Winning games they have no business winning. And that is just the beginning. Sure, that will be a surprise to say the least. But boy oh boy when they win the SEC-East. That will be as far as they go. They will play in major bowl, though. Stealth Vols is what the media will call them. There, you have it, I’ve gone out on a limb. An orange fire is lit and burning hot. Volnation, stealth Vols is what we got. Get ready for a season you never expected. For a team generally unrespected.

Lots of underutilized talent on this team. Now that we have a capable coaching staff, this team will have a lot of upside.

It starts with a major upset and getting revenge against juicer Will Grier and WV!

The Stealth Vols nickname is a good one. I also like the Outlaw Vols nickname I saw someone on here suggest a while back. Either way let's do the unthinkable next season and beat Auburn, Georgia, and dare I say Bama and mash all the Schiano sympathizers' faces in the dirt in the process.

Go Vols!

Why don’t we just call them the Tennessee Vols.

Reactions: 6 people

Pruitt should absolutely get an automatic pass for 2018. Here is why. If he were walking into a sitaution like Kifby Smart did at Georgia, then I would agree with you. Smart walked into a well stocked roster full of elite, well coached up players. Georgia had literally none of the problems we have.

Pruitt has NONE of what Smart had. I mean the guy fired 99% of Butch's staff. Think about that for a second. How many guys did Smart fire? Pruitt has to change the entire mindset, culture and mentality of this team. Our Vols are weak, slow, undisciplined, vastly underdeveloped and just bad. New offensive and defensive schemes. All of this takes time to put in place to become effective.

I think 6 wins is realistic expectations.

Pruitt should absolutely get an automatic pass for 2018. Here is why. If he were walking into a sitaution like Kifby Smart did at Georgia, then I would agree with you. Smart walked into a well stocked roster full of elite, well coached up players. Georgia had literally none of the problems we have.

Pruitt has NONE of what Smart had. I mean the guy fired 99% of Butch's staff. Think about that for a second. How many guys did Smart fire? Pruitt has to change the entire mindset, culture and mentality of this team. Our Vols are weak, slow, undisciplined, vastly underdeveloped and just bad. New offensive and defensive schemes. All of this takes time to put in place to become effective.

I think 6 wins is realistic expectations.

Absolutely not on the auto pass. I remember when Holtz went to South Carolina. They went 0-11. He didn't get fired. That won't happen. It easier to replace a poor than a good coach. I agree that our talent is raw. It's still talent. We have a staff that can develop players. We will run better schemes on offense and defense. That's my biggest concern is going to 3-4. He has 8 months to get our guys game ready.

The same reasons you think we will struggle is the same reasons we will be better.

New coaches = we will be better

New schemes = we will be better

New game plans = we will be better

I believe our coaches will put in the hours that it takes for them to be prepared(nothing new to see here.) Some how our new staff has to motivate our players to work on football type stuff during their free time. Other than sleep it's 24/7 football. I encourage players to dream about football while awake and asleep.

As bad as they were coached and played last year, how many games they lost were they in the hunt till the end of the game? How many did they compete til halftime?

So as bad as we were, having so much room for improvement, getting new better coaches running new better schemes it adds up that we should expect us to be much better than last year.

I'm expecting all these changes for the better will show on the field and on the record.

We lost some close games last year. With improvements across the board, why shouldn't we have high expectations? I hope Butch's wife is right about CJP looking like a genius.

Last edited:

I actually kind of liked the smokey grey uniforms. :/

Reactions: 5 people
Don’t need them at all. Orange and White .
Although I did like the black and orange that one time

SC seemed shell shocked because we came out wearing the black. I liked that too.

I'm waiting for an Orange Chrome helmet with the power T on the sides checkerboard stripe.

I don't care what the crap they wear.

I want wins and football that resembles our Vols.

Make em wear pink all friggin year until they deserve to wear the normal jerseys

Lots of underutilized talent on this team. Now that we have a capable coaching staff, this team will have a lot of upside.

It starts with a major upset and getting revenge against juicer Will Grier and WV!

How do you know they are capable ?

Pruitt hasn't led a major program before.

Sure, he's seen it done but so had Dooley. Butch had a dang good resume before he got here. We know how well those 2 did with our program.

The great coaches have to be great managers and coaches. We will see how things unfold in time.

With each month this 2018 off season, expectations will increase 1 game a month. By Sept. predictions will be 9 w/ 10 & an upset. Sit back and wait..book it...WVU 1st to fall.....

I agree. It will fall along those lines. Despite the fact we have some posters here who can't stand fans for being optimistic. And live only to insult those of us who are. Poor things. Vols Power forever!!!!!

Last edited:

The new gear looks great. A large enough percentage of the fans and players like them too.

Nike’s done an amazing job. Looks 100 times better than the 12 shades of orange Adidas trotted out there.

VN Store

Back