Manning video

Quite frankly the best ALL AROUND QB to ever play the game!

I am blessed to have seen his entire career and hope someday someone will walk into Neyland stadium and sniff his success because if they do, that means UT will be great again.

Thank you for sharing that video!

:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
I had goosebumps throughout the whole video. I had never seen that before.

What I noticed is that Peyton always said yes sir and no sir to coach Cut no matter what he told him. Just somethiing I found interesting, that Peyton no matter how good he was or how much money he made always was respectful of coaches.

Quite frankly the best ALL AROUND QB to ever play the game!

I am blessed to have seen his entire career and hope someday someone will walk into Neyland stadium and sniff his success because if they do, that means UT will be great again.

Thank you for sharing that video!

:loco:

Hmm.

Attachments

• 13963396.jpeg
    13963396.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 2
A lot of people have a passion for coaching but it doesn't mean they want to be a college football head coach.

I didn't say all that. Just that you can't watch that video and say he doesn't enjoy it, or have a passion for it.

Manning's big game wins were as unexpected as Brady's big game losses. Also, if he ever did coach, it absolutely wouldn't be in Knoxville if he's as smart as TN fans think he is. Oh well, one man's GOAT is another man's perma-choking stat queen.

How many qbs can go to new teams and/or work with new coaches and immediately turn them into super bowl contenders? Only one: manning. You think little tommy princess Brady could have taken 4 different coaches to 4 Super Bowls? No way. Outside of his cushy little dink and dunk system he is very average. Would have been a career backup if not drafted by New England. Manning was the real deal.

Reactions: 2 people
Manning's big game wins were as unexpected as Brady's big game losses. Also, if he ever did coach, it absolutely wouldn't be in Knoxville if he's as smart as TN fans think he is. Oh well, one man's GOAT is another man's perma-choking stat queen.

The guy who’s 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Championship games? 2x Super Bowl Champ? What a choker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
This.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around starting 8 Super Bowls and being the league MVP at 40.

We’ll see what happens over the years with regular season records.

No one is touching Brady’s postseason records for a long, long time. If ever

Nobody else will play for Bill Belichik, ever. Brady is a great player, but giving one player credit for team success isn’t the only barometer.

Manning didn’t have near the coaching stability or ability. Yet, he took four different coaches (three of which were very pedestrian) and two franchises to Super Bowls. Won two. That is pretty remarkable, too.

Plus, look at what happened to both of those franchises after he left. When Brady is out, New England still wins.

Brady probably is at the top. But, Manning isn’t that far behind, if at all.

Reactions: 4 people
How many qbs can go to new teams and/or work with new coaches and immediately turn them into super bowl contenders? Only one: manning. You think little tommy princess Brady could have taken 4 different coaches to 4 Super Bowls? No way. Outside of his cushy little dink and dunk system he is very average. Would have been a career backup if not drafted by New England. Manning was the real deal.
can I get a breathalyzer of here?!?!?

I’ve always loved this argument, but it’s literally comparing apples to oranges. With the exception that they have now both played 17 years, there is very little else that can be compared.
Brady 1 team, 1 HC
Manning 2 teams, 5 HC
Brady average team scoring defense 7
Manning 15
Brady average SB winning defense 3.6
Manning 9.5
Patriots worst scoring defense with Brady was 17
Manning played 9 seasons with worse defenses.
Brady has played 15/17 seasons with a top 10 D
Manning played 7/17 with a top 10 D

Brady is amazing, but Manning clearly did “more with less.” And I always wonder what the stats would be if the teams/roles were reversed. Would Manning have thrived under a coach like Belicheck? Would Brady have been as successful having such little stability and poorer defense?

I think we’re pretty lucky to have seen them both play.

And Go Eagles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I’ve always loved this argument, but it’s literally comparing apples to oranges. With the exception that they have now both played 17 years, there is very little else that can be compared.
Brady 1 team, 1 HC
Manning 2 teams, 5 HC
Brady average team scoring defense 7
Manning 15
Brady average SB winning defense 3.6
Manning 9.5
Patriots worst scoring defense with Brady was 17
Manning played 9 seasons with worse defenses.
Brady has played 15/17 seasons with a top 10 D
Manning played 7/17 with a top 10 D

Brady is amazing, but Manning clearly did “more with less.” And I always wonder what the stats would be if the teams/roles were reversed. Would Manning have thrived under a coach like Belicheck? Would Brady have been as successful having such little stability and poorer defense?

I think we’re pretty lucky to have seen them both play.

And Go Eagles.

Excellent point. Football is the ultimate team sport. And the only one where offensive players do not participate at all on defense. Or special teams. All it takes is a Rahim Moore to blow a certain victory by giving up a 70-yard TD pass to the Ravens in the final minute. Ask Drew Brees. Or VanderJaagt to blow a last second FG against the Steelers.

Or a Patriots DB to save a Super Bowl with a pick in the end zone. Or Vinateri to actually make his kicks.

With that said, Brady has the numbers to be in the upper echelon of all-time greats. I'm not trying to take anything away from him. All I am pointing out is that you cannot elevate him to the top merely because of one parameter. Other players have a lot to do with the outcomes of games.

Reactions: 3 people
I love how he still says "Yes sir" to David Cutcliffe. Living up here between D.C. and Baltimore, people are always amazed at my southern hospitality and manners. Yet to me, it's who I am and how I was raised. Not to say there aren't nice people up here, but manners up here are seriously lacking compared to when I come down home every year to visit. Just a matter of time before I come home for good. Go Vols

Manning All Pro 7 times (T-1st for QBs)
Brady 2 times
Gronk 4
Vinatieri 3

Manning 5 NFL MVPs (only Unitas, Brown Favre have 3)
Brady 2

VN Store

Back