Jordan Young commits to Vols

river rat

"Jordan Young went from unranked to a four-star phenom seemingly overnight. And now the Vols have his pledge in the 2018 class.

Young was unrated for almost all of his recruitment until the final 247Sports rankings came out on Thursday of this week. And once those ratings came out, Young vaulted up from unranked to a four-star, top-200 overall player in the country.

And Friday afternoon, he committed to the Vols."

Vols Land Explosive Four-Star Wide Receiver in 2018 Class | RTI

Reactions: 50 people
Nice.

This team hasn't had any consistent playmakers on the outside since Malone and he basically put together one solid season out of 3.

Looking forward to seeing this school become Wide Receiver U again.

Reactions: 12 people
Nice.

This team hasn't had any consistent playmakers on the outside since Malone and he basically put together one solid season out of 3.

We now need a competent QB to get the ball to them. Whether one of our current ones can get coached up or we have to bring one in, don’t care. Let’s rid the stench.

Reactions: 6 people
"Jordan Young went from unranked to a four-star phenom seemingly overnight. And now the Vols have his pledge in the 2018 class.

Young was unrated for almost all of his recruitment until the final 247Sports rankings came out on Thursday of this week. And once those ratings came out, Young vaulted up from unranked to a four-star, top-200 overall player in the country.

And Friday afternoon, he committed to the Vols."

Vols Land Explosive Four-Star Wide Receiver in 2018 Class | RTI

Hope he's good but we've been burned too many times by Butch finding a 'diamond in the rough' player - At least this one is a 4 star and not a 2 star.

Isn't it weird the kid went from unranked to top 200 Nationally that quickly. Grades got better??

Reactions: 4 people
Hope he's good but we've been burned too many times by Butch finding a 'diamond in the rough' player - At least this one is a 4 star and not a 2 star.

Isn't it weird the kid went from unranked to top 200 Nationally that quickly. Grades got better??

He didn't produce noteworthy stats until his senior season. Not many services scouted and ranked him until this year.

Reactions: 1 person
He's got talent undoubtedly. First glance, reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson how he strides down field and some of those great catches he makes over defenders almost effortlessly

Reactions: 5 people
His film is impressive. Weird how his recruitment worked out, but I'm glad he chose to be a Vol. Looks like he's got real playmaking ability and we need that bad.

Reactions: 5 people
This kid is BOOM worthy!

Good height and 4.4 speed is just what our new O needs.

BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!

Now we're getting 2 really good WR's in this class...BOOM!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
He didn't produce noteworthy stats until his senior season. Not many services scouted and ranked him until this year.

Yeah, I noticed that, as well. It seems that he was playing behind a couple of really great playmakers his jr year, but still scored some decent numbers. But look at the highlight tape of his sr year - this young man made some unbelievable catches... then absolutely ran away from the pack!

Kudos to Coach Pruitt and the staff for finding this guy and getting him on board! NSD can't come soon enough to get Jordan Young signed, sealed and delivered to the VOLS... GBO.

If anyone doesn't know why I'm excited, just watch Jordan Young's sr highlight tape!

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Reactions: 4 people
This guy is a real deal. He is an athlete that is smooth in patterns, his hands to catch the ball, and he jumps to go get them. All I can say at this point is boom. 💥

Reactions: 3 people
Nice.

Going back to the pro style offense under Pruitt will bring in the 5 star QBs and WRs.

Good size for how fast he is!! Boomage baby!! Keep em rollin in Pruitt!

Attachments

• giphy (4).gif
    giphy (4).gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 752
Reactions: 2 people
We now need a competent QB to get the ball to them. Whether one of our current ones can get coached up or we have to bring one in, don’t care. Let’s rid the stench.

Agreed.

Don't think we have seen near the best from Guarantano.

Canales had to be one of the worst hires Jones could have possibly made.

I would like to see one of the grad transfers from that other thread come on board though. Think Shrout could use a red shirt year.

I'm a Heritage alum. I've seen this kid play. He is LEGIT! Heritage is not exactly a football powerhouse and rarely do any of their players get much attention from Power 5 schools. That's the only reason I think he went unnoticed.

giphy.gif

With the numbers so limited, do we take 2 more WRs in this class? Does this mean that we are out of the Copeland recruitment?

Looks like a great get. Doesn't have break-away speed but knows how to get open, high-point the ball, and get YAC! Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back