The state of Tennessee now in top 10 for 4 and 5 star prospects

HooahVol

College football recruiting’s best states in 2018, compared to averages - SBNation.com

I mentioned this before but this is the reason I don't think you can relegate UT to the Nebraska and Michigans of the world. Our state is growing. More importantly it is producing talent, which has not always been the case. If you look at just 2018 blue chips we are 5th in the nation. Every year it seems we sneak up just a little more on these lists.

Of course, now we have to see if Pruitt can get them to stay home versus Butch who watched them leave.

Reactions: 10 people
But wait........but wait. Dennis Dodd, in his Butch Jones man love article clearly commissioned by our former coach last year entitled “Butch Jones is Underrated”, stated that there were only 7-8 D1 prospects in the state this year. Why, how can this possibly be?

Reactions: 7 people
College football recruiting’s best states in 2018, compared to averages - SBNation.com

I mentioned this before but this is the reason I don't think you can delegate UT to the Nebraska and Michigans of the world. Our state is growing. More importantly it is producing talent, which has not always been the case. If you look at just 2018 blue chips we are 5th in the nation. Every year it seems we sneak up just a little more on these lists.

Of course, now we have to see if Pruitt can get them to stay home versus Butch who watched them leave.

We are 8th for 2018 according to that article. FL, GA, CA, TX, PA, OH, LA, are ahead of us. The first list just shows the states who have more blue chip prospects than normal. There are 3 teams on the other list with more blue chips than us this year, even though they have fewer than their average.

Still, it is nice to be in the top 10

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We're gonna be in the top 5 next year and going forward.

There are more 4 and 5-star prospects in the state of Tennessee for the class of 2019 than the classes of 2017 and 2018 COMBINED.

Look for the state of Tennessee to take its place behind only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California moving forward when it comes to instate talent.

We're gonna be in the top 5 next year and going forward.

There are more 4 and 5-star prospects in the state of Tennessee for the class of 2019 than the classes of 2017 and 2018 COMBINED.

Look for the state of Tennessee to take its place behind only Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California moving forward when it comes to instate talent.

And look for Coach Pruitt and Co to sign most of them!

Go Vols!

Tennessee Pride(Not the sausage.)is what we want(Well maybe the sausage too.). There are a lot of non Vol fans that live in Big Orange Country. I don't blame folks from inferior states moving to Tn. Better jobs with better pay will do that.

Reactions: 5 people
Most of these recruits were between 6-8 years old the last time TN actually mattered in football.

It's on Fulmer and Pruitt to change that and improve the brand for future recruits. Considering Fulmer drove us into the ditch in the first place and Pruitt has never ran a program, it may be a tall order.

Most of these recruits were between 6-8 years old the last time TN actually mattered in football.

It's on Fulmer and Pruitt to change that and improve the brand for future recruits. Considering Fulmer drove us into the ditch in the first place and Pruitt has never ran a program, it may be a tall order.

Gotta love that optimism

I mentioned this before but this is the reason I don't think you can relegate UT to the Nebraska and Michigans of the world. Our state is growing. More importantly it is producing talent, which has not always been the case. If you look at just 2018 blue chips we are 5th in the nation. Every year it seems we sneak up just a little more on these lists.

28,000 new jobs in 2017.

That is nice and all but the main thing is getting them to stay home and rep their homestate. Alontae Taylor said his main reason for signing with UT is because he wants to represent Tennessee. Now that's a VOL.

Reactions: 4 people
Those of us old enough to remember HS football in the early 1970s realize how far our high schools have come in their ability to build and coach winning football programs. Of course, here in MidTN, we have tens of thousands of carpetbaggers who have been making this home for a couple of decades now. Many of these parents bring their own school loyalties with them and then build families here...with the kids having very little if any loyalty to the State of Tennessee. These players often choose to accept offers elsewhere...but some of them stay home to wear orange and white on fall Saturdays.

Pruitt is gonna have to build relationships with our HS coaches, which should be pretty easy for him as he came through the HS ranks and he speaks country, aight?

I have a feeling we are gonna be fine with getting Tennessee boys to come to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

Can you recite your source on this? I just looked at Rivals and they have 12-4 stars for 2019. They had 15-4 and 5 stars for 2018. 2017 class had 13.

I'm sure there will be a few more upgraded for 2019, but as usual your hyperbole is worthy of mocking.

But wait........but wait. Dennis Dodd, in his Butch Jones man love article clearly commissioned by our former coach last year entitled “Butch Jones is Underrated”, stated that there were only 7-8 D1 prospects in the state this year. Why, how can this possibly be?

Looking at this list several things just leaped out to me.

First its's rare to see the State of Alabama discussed as a hotbed of D1 talent perhaps because it's not. That state is not noted for large population, large cities, (B'Ham large? LOL), or big growth, most things cited when D1 talent abounds or is found increasing. Yet see Bama's football success over time nationally. We hear much as Tua's family has moved there with one of his siblings in high school (from Hawaii?? Who does that??), that this is a strategy. I have seen this with some communities in Tennessee for example in high school sports but it is rarely sustained long term like it has been for Bama at the D1 national level.

Tennessee IS growing especially the middle part of the state, explosive type growth, therefore with the population increases one would expect D1 prospects to increase as well and it is. It seems the state is getting it honestly rather than what may be occurring in Alabama.

Having just recently sold all my real estate in the western US and now live only East of the Mississippi Nevada showing up is due to growth returning to Vegas some, but primarily the hot new private high school for football is Bishop Gorman there. They out recruit most all the big Catholic schools in Cali like Mater Dei and DeLasalle now.

Can you recite your source on this? I just looked at Rivals and they have 12-4 stars for 2019. They had 15-4 and 5 stars for 2018. 2017 class had 13.

I'm sure there will be a few more upgraded for 2019, but as usual your hyperbole is worthy of mocking.

He’s probably using the 247 composite rankings. Which, in all honesty, he should I’d be doing. Rivals has sucked for the past 4-5 years.

Gotta love that optimism

How has blind optimism and winning the press conferences worked out for the Vol fan base lately?

A first time athletic director and a first time head coach doesn't overwhelm me with confidence.

Cheer them on how you see fit. Myself, I'll temper the expectations until they actually win some games.

Actually the amount of “4 and 5*” recruits nation wide have gone way way up and overall the quality of athletes across the board has risen. That’s why a Memphis type program can have success especially with the schedule those teams play now days...lots and lots of talented kids to be had and many will transfer around etc for playing time. The level in state of Tennessee has no doubt gone way up in the last 7-10 years. I do agree that the Vols certainly will benefit from this influx of talent.....

When USC had a 20 year drought, their future players where not alive when they mattered. Coach Fulmer took an average program that had 1 semi legit National Title in the schools history and raised the bar so much that idiots look at the success of the 2000's (which was still better then most of the success of this program) and see that as driving into the ditch.

Hamilton did everything he could to run this into the ditch. And he did. Ainge talked about it on the radion how Hamilton tried to sabatoge the program. The Haslem's let him do it so they could get Philip before he broke all of Big Jim's coach's records. This program has always been average and Philip let you see the promised land. Those of you that are not old enough to understand

When USC had a 20 year drought, their future players where not alive when they mattered. Coach Fulmer took an average program that had 1 semi legit National Title in the schools history and raised the bar so much that idiots look at the success of the 2000's (which was still better then most of the success of this program) and see that as driving into the ditch.

Hamilton did everything he could to run this into the ditch. And he did. Ainge talked about it on the radion how Hamilton tried to sabatoge the program. The Haslem's let him do it so they could get Philip before he broke all of Big Jim's coach's records. This program has always been average and Philip let you see the promised land. Those of you that are not old enough to understand

Yeah, it makes perfect sense that Hamilton wanted to sabotage the program and get himself fired in the process. :crazy:

The AD managing to get a head set on and cost them games on Saturdays along with convincing the entire staff to get real lazy in recruiting was the real coup de grace on showing Fulmer the door.

You're conveniently leaving out the fact that Hamilton gave Fulmer what amounted to a life time contract if he could win 8 games a season as well.

And it's unfortunate, but those 2000s you alluded to included 2 losing seasons out of his last 4 and a 29-21 record his last 4 seasons.

We can argue back and forth all day on your revisionist history that's been painted by "Phillip" but it's pointless.

Some fans will never admit that Fulmer didn't walk on water and made his own bed when he got fired.

The booming Buro and Franklin areas have contributed nicely to this. Hoping Pruitt can lock these schools down! New market/Madison Alabama is also starting to Boom and we have a good shot with them with Pruitt.

FL and GA probably have more than the other 48 combined. Unreal. We need to focus on TN, yes, but our real focus should be on our proximity to GA.

How has blind optimism and winning the press conferences worked out for the Vol fan base lately?

A first time athletic director and a first time head coach doesn't overwhelm me with confidence.

Cheer them on how you see fit. Myself, I'll temper the expectations until they actually win some games.

To be honest about it, you are right, it has not worked out well.
With that said, I choose to believe, optimistically, that we are back on the right track and the experience in place is promising with this coaching staff and recruiting list. So, I believe it is better to be positive right now than stand around squirting turd juice in everybody's lemonade.

To be honest about it, you are right, it has not worked out well.
With that said, I choose to believe, optimistically, that we are back on the right track and the experience in place is promising with this coaching staff and recruiting list. So, I believe it is better to be positive right now than stand around squirting turd juice in everybody's lemonade.

Helluva visual you painted there lol

Hope you're right with the optimistic outlook.

Personally not invested enough in this site to let opinions on here sway me either way. I'll cheer if they win and complain if they lose.

Tennessee Pride(Not the sausage.)is what we want(Well maybe the sausage too.). There are a lot of non Vol fans that live in Big Orange Country. I don't blame folks from inferior states moving to Tn. Better jobs with better pay will do that.

Well said.

VN Store

Back