Vol Nation, what is wrong with Clay Travis

82_VOL_83

Just wanna be a Brock-Star!
I am able to now get him on the radio. What has been the problem with him? I kinda like him.

Opinions sought.....

Reactions: 3 people
He’s a BIG fan of UT, but he’s publicly called out the university for every stupid decision they’ve made. I remember him roasting us during the Dooley years. I think many of us, myself included, had the orange shades on and didn’t want anything he was saying to be true (partly because it would mean we were going to suck at football). In hindsight, he’s been correct in many of his assessments and isn’t the enemy of the program he’s been made out to be.

Reactions: 58 people
Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

He’s a BIG fan of UT, but he’s publicly called out the university for every stupid decision they’ve made. I remember him roasting us during the Dooley years. I think many of us, myself included, had the orange shades on and didn’t want anything he was saying to be true (partly because it would mean we were going to suck at football). In hindsight, he’s been correct in many of his assessments and isn’t the enemy of the program he’s been made out to be.

So listen, but understand much may be correct and much may be petty?

Reactions: 2 people
Well he created a Bamer T-Shirt and they are threatening to sue him over it......that was a 10 minute rant.

You have been with Volnation since 2012...This can't be the 1st you are hearing about Clay Travis. He has been building a click-bait career around the Vols for a very long time.

While appreciate his contributions to upending the Schiano hire. I think he knows about as much about sports as most posters on here. Which isn't saying much. I realize he is a national guy, but he is very uniformed in comparison to most talking heads. He spouts inflammatory comments and that is his angle and that is about it. Very Jim Rome-esque.

He's a guy trolling the UT fanbase for clicks and cash while also pretending to be a UT fan. A wannabe Finebaum who made his mark doing the same to banners (don't think he masqueraded as a bammer fan though)

Reactions: 5 people
Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

He did go to Vandy but he claims to be a UT fan his whole life and his grandfather played for General Neyland. I cut media members slack in their "fandom." Like Chris Low who is a UT alum and fan, you can't expect him to just paint his chest orange and scream bama sucks.

Clay Travis is an acquired taste. I don't care for him on the radio but his articles are usually a good read minus the foul language.

Reactions: 1 person
he is a tool, tbh i dont mind him sometimes, but more times than not he just seeks out attention by trying to yell louder then anyone else....basically a shock jock could def be a side kick to someone like alex jones and sale snake oil to folks less intelligent and vulnerable

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

Guy went to VANDY, He is a lawyer, and he poses getting Tenn fans riled up acting like he is one.. NOT A FAN OF UT AT ALL

He's a guy trolling the UT fanbase for clicks and cash while also pretending to be a UT fan. A wannabe Finebaum who made his mark doing the same to banners (don't think he masqueraded as a bammer fan though)

Why do you say he's pretending to be a UT Fan?

He did go to Vandy but he claims to be a UT fan his whole life and his grandfather played for General Neyland. I cut media members slack in their "fandom." Like Chris Low who is a UT alum and fan, you can't expect him to just paint his chest orange and scream bama sucks.

Clay Travis is an acquired taste. I don't care for him on the radio but his articles are usually a good read minus the foul language.

He went to Vandy for Law School, not undergrad. Not like he grew up worshipping Vandy.

Reactions: 1 person
WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

Guy went to VANDY, He is a lawyer, and he poses getting Tenn fans riled up acting like he is one.. NOT A FAN OF UT AT ALL

Grandad played for Neyland and he went to Vandy for Law School, not undergrad. Are you really this dense?

Let me guess, you wanted Schiano?

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back