You will see Petrino's offense and Saban's defense mixture.

have always enjoyed studying Petrino's offense. His offense is built off and around the one back stretch. I have not updated the clips but he is running the same concepts at UofL which he ran at Arkansas and WKU.
FLOOD
The Flood is a simple clip showing a tight end release off naked boot action. Petrino is good at sequencing his plays. This play followed a stretch play to the right which gained 9 yards. This clip is the same action but the QB keeps and boots to the tight end who has out leveraged the safety. If Bonnafon is playing expect this play 6 times

Reactions: 1 person
have always enjoyed studying Petrino's offense. His offense is built off and around the one back stretch. I have not updated the clips but he is running the same concepts at UofL which he ran at Arkansas and WKU.
FLOOD
The Flood is a simple clip showing a tight end release off naked boot action. Petrino is good at sequencing his plays. This play followed a stretch play to the right which gained 9 yards. This clip is the same action but the QB keeps and boots to the tight end who has out leveraged the safety. If Bonnafon is playing expect this play 6 times
I can expect some of this in our offense. It’ll be hard to stop. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee football: Vols staff combines Petrino offense, Saban defense
I’ve been saying it all along, we’re shaping up to be the best that we can be. The article even calls out Kirby Smart. Look no further, because 2018 here we come.:dance2::pepper::rock2:

... and so the Hype Train officially leaves the station. Load up boys. Here we go!

train_6.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Petrino offense requires a pretty good passer at least the Arkansas one did

The Louisville one hasn’t been too impressive the last 15 games or so esp with a heisman winner at quarterback

He’s fallen off imo also made a terrible defensive coordinator hire after Grantham left

Definitely not the old Petrino we saw at Ark and Louisville the first time around

Tennessee football: Vols staff combines Petrino offense, Saban defense
I’ve been saying it all along, we’re shaping up to be the best that we can be. The article even calls out Kirby Smart. Look no further, because 2018 here we come.:dance2::pepper::rock2:

Caleb Calhoun, is a sunshine pumper, his article's should be classified as fan fiction at best. He over sensationalizes positive aspects while minimizing any negatives when it come to building hype for this program.

It's as if uncle lou was given a legit journalism job.

Reactions: 4 people
Petrino offense requires a pretty good passer at least the Arkansas one did

The Louisville one hasn’t been too impressive the last 15 games or so esp with a heisman winner at quarterback

He’s fallen off imo also made a terrible defensive coordinator hire after Grantham left

Definitely not the old Petrino we saw at Ark and Louisville the first time around
Well! At least we will have a good quarterback developer to develop a quarterback now. I think we will be alright on the offensive side of the ball. I’m sure we won’t see all of Petrinos offense, but I’m sure we will see more offensive mixtures of other stuff as well...:rock:

Caleb Calhoun, is a sunshine pumper, his article's should be classified as fan fiction at best. He over sensationalizes positive aspects while minimizing any negatives when it come to building hype for this program.

It's as if uncle lou was given a legit journalism job.
Yea, Uncle Lou has always been that way though.:)

Reactions: 1 person
The 1st link was actually a pretty good read.

It gives us some things to think about and maybe discuss.

Now we have to wait and see if any of it actually becomes reality over the next 2 or 3 years are we totally rebuild our player roster with pieces that actually fit what our coaching staff is trying to do.

Only time and solid recruiting will tell us how it all works out.

If we do end up with a high powered O like Brohm and Helton had at WKU and a tough, solid D like Pruitt had at FSU and alaBubba then we'll be back in business big time and will be very hard to beat.

VFL...GBO!!!

I’m not talking to myself, I’m just trying to see where we are going and get you guys to help me.:hi:

You replied to to a reply to yourself.

Just poken fun bro. All these article are useless talk. We have no idea of Smart can beat Pruitt, and saying he cant is pretty dumb. He will have his shot on a few months and my guess he will beat Pruitt.....easily.

That WKU offense was formidable; first under Petrino, then Brohm with Helton as OC. Not my ideal style but, hey, you need to be flexible these days. You can't be so rigid in your scheme that you lose the creativity to draw up plays in the dirt if need be.

As far as the defense goes, 60 minutes of hell. 60 minutes of hell.

Bobby Petrino's shallow cross concept – concepts, routes, and protection | Smart Football

Here is another breakdown of his offense. I’m trying to get a feel of where Pruitt and Helton are wanting to go with this. It is amazing that our offense will bring back some common sense again. I believe that’s all we need to win, and Helton has that knowledge and common sense.:hi:

I think it will be easy to tell how good Helton will be as OC. Simply, how the quarterback lines up if the ball is inside the 2 yard line.....if in the pistol/shotgun we are in trouble---if under the center, he is a keeper [and give him a pay raise].

Reactions: 5 people
All I know is that it's about the Jimmys and Joes, not the Xs and Os

This all day long.. especially in the SEC, your offense is only going to go as far as your OL takes you. And last year ours was abysmal. Maybe some of it was due to scheme, but we absolutely need more consistency there.

I don’t have stats but I’d guess that in 60% of our offensive plays last year, the RB got hit in the backfield or the QB didn’t have enough time to settle in and get comfortable in the pocket. Poor OL play in almost every single game.

If we don’t get Improvement up front, all the fancy Xs and Os in the world will not matter.

Reactions: 6 people
You replied to to a reply to yourself.

Just poken fun bro. All these article are useless talk. We have no idea of Smart can beat Pruitt, and saying he cant is pretty dumb. He will have his shot on a few months and my guess he will beat Pruitt.....easily.

“It starts with positive energy,” he said. “We all have to be positive, we all have to be pulling in one direction, and if we do that and we’re all in, we’re going to get what we want.” ~ Jeremy Pruitt, Head Coach, University of Tennessee Football Team

VN Store

Back