Why are recruits going to come here? Please give some inspiring answers

volberry

We need players bad. We haven't been getting them. Why choose us over other sec schools.

City of Knoxville and surrounding area, tradition, facilities, fanbase, people, new coaching staff, chance for playing time, able to build your legacy and rebuild Tennessee, a storied program.

Reactions: 23 people
We need players bad. We haven't been getting them. Why choose us over other sec schools.

So what were all of those "BOOOMS" and fireworks I've been seeing over the last 5 years when a recruit would commit?

Reactions: 7 people
I think the 102 thousand fans captivates recruits. The noise itself is rattling, and Kneyland stadium is an intimidation factor. Now, add this great staff with Philip Fulmer as AD, and I think recruits are going to start flocking to Knoxville. The recruits that has never seen our facilities before that are visiting now, I bet as soon as they walk in are in awe. That my friends is what this is about, Pruitt and co. trying to go higher to bring them in here, and with the right pieces, it will come together.

Because of Pruitt and his coaches. Plus he can sell them on playing time. If they go elsewhere probaly have to sit out a year. Pruitt is going after the type of players that can win championships. No one really thought Butch was going to do that.

Reactions: 4 people

I would not agree with the assessment that we haven't gotten any good players. We had some incredible classes but we did lose a few to injuries, etc....CBJ could definitely recruit but revisionist history is taking us down another road I guess....

Reactions: 9 people
if Butch was signing decent to very good classes i mean why wouldnt they come play for a coaching staff with this pedigree? its a top 5 staff in the country IMO. Thats why. This staff is no joke. They will get players and they will develop them. Track records.

if Butch was signing decent to very good classes i mean why wouldnt they come play for a coaching staff with this pedigree? its a top 5 staff in the country IMO. Thats why. This staff is no joke. They will get players and they will develop them. Track records.

I disagree. We all know that BUTch had the best coaching staff in America. If you do not believe me, then just ask BUTch, he will tell you

Reactions: 2 people
Early playing time. Why sit on bench and be depth for Bama or UGA
If you’re a recruit that is good right now, there is playing time now. The door is wide open for your career here at this time, here in good ole Knoxville, Tn.

Knoxville is actually less of a draw than some of the other truly s---hole SEC towns because it's just barely too big to be lock-downable by the athletic department/boosters. Stuff a young "student-athlete" could get away with in certain burgs beginning with A or T won't fly in Ktown because the local police still have some degree of autonomy.

Pruitt and staff still putting out the offers, even tonight. Working hard to bring in some great ones. We are trying to fill holes quickly with juncos, and it is beginning to work.

There simply are no better facilities, a few on par with us, none are better at this point in time.

This coaching staff has deep SEC ties and will get some players from Louisiana and Alabama where we have not had a lot of success lately and other states as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Knoxville is actually less of a draw than some of the other truly s---hole SEC towns because it's just barely too big to be lock-downable by the athletic department/boosters. Stuff a young "student-athlete" could get away with in certain burgs beginning with A or T won't fly in Ktown because the local police still have some degree of autonomy.

I always wondered this. Other schools never get athletes in trouble for the simple stuff we do.

VN Store

Back