Two additions to the strength and conditioning football program.

Butch had some talent but the players were never coached to reach there peak.
I think within 8 months, they will reach their peak now. You’ll see a change in this whole team. I think it will be a lot quicker than what people think it will be. WINNERS!:hi:

I agree, but it will be more than just lifting under this staff. We are going to see some monstrous legs and arms within 8 months, even with Butch Jones leftovers.:p:):clapping:

I have a good friend (and customer) who is a South Carolina alumni. After giving me his order this week, we started talking football specifically Fitzgerald. He said when Spurrier lost Fitzgerald, it was very obvious the overall team was weaker and had less endurance which, in his opinion, was the beginning of Spurrier's demise. He went on to say Muschamp was "strongly advised" to hire Fitzgerald but for whatever reason didn't happen. My friend strongly believes we have a "weapon" in Fitzgerald.

Reactions: 6 people
I only guess, I was never there, but how much do you think muscle fatigue led to Tenns crazy amount of injuries.. The crazy pace of practice during the crux of the season, the sprinting at the end of quarters, the never say die practice schedule in the pre season compared to other programs as reported.. Could muscle fatigue have been the cause,, Vols literally doubled the rest of the conference in lost starts each of the last 2 years..hmmmm

No more sprinting at the end of each quarter to the other end.. another Jones Cluster

Never had a problem with that. Did look a tad goofy this past season down 50 tho. :ermm:

I think within 8 months, they will reach their peak now. You’ll see a change in this whole team. I think it will be a lot quicker than what people think it will be. WINNERS!:hi:

Not happening in 8 months, that’s simply not enough time. Team can certainly make strides and see good improvement, but this is a 2 year deal to get the players where they need to be.

Reactions: 4 people
Not happening in 8 months, that’s simply not enough time. Team can certainly make strides and see good improvement, but this is a 2 year deal to get the players where they need to be.

We have some physically developed guys.

The seniors will be the ones to make the most gains!

I think physically we will be able to match up next year.

Depth is our problem.

We have some physically developed guys.

The seniors will be the ones to make the most gains!

I think physically we will be able to match up next year.

Depth is our problem.

You could be right, particularly if the train like never before, stay healthy and buy in from day 1. I do believe looking at the roster, Vols will struggle in year 2 but year 3 it ought to be on!1

A strength program takes time? Fitz should have no longer than say 8-9 months.

I agree for the most part but I mean come on, we had a NFL S&C coach last year too. Programs differ between coaches but there shouldn't be much of a loss or improvement into the program imo. It's not like Rock was a no name. It also comes down to individual determination and preparation. But I do hope we can make the strides.

Reactions: 1 person
This thread refers to football hires. Does each sport have it's own s&c staff, or do they all use the same staff??

VN Store

Back