David Johnson new WR coach

Amazing to be going after quality coaches that are highly regarded and actually getting them. It's been a rough time so I'm glad people are excited about joining Pruitt and staff on Rocky Top.

Reactions: 6 people
Interesting note on David Johnson, he was Tyrann Mathieu’s high school head coach. The New Orleans native should help Tennessee’s ties from Louisiana to the Mississippi Delta and obviously Memphis

@secmike

Any word if he’s at UT now for this weekend?

Reactions: 1 person
Another member of the all bald squad!

Great hire.

Attachments

• 02032016_Memphis_Tigers_JM072.JPG.jpeg
    02032016_Memphis_Tigers_JM072.JPG.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2,204
Last edited:
Reactions: 25 people
Coach let's take off that tiger blue for the Tennessee orange! Awesome hire! Let's get some wide receivers! Gbo!

Reactions: 5 people
Dan Wolken huh? Really like this hire but maybe protest...for old times sake? :wink2:

Reactions: 3 people
This is a great catch. The only thing that would have made it better is if Johnson had the recruiting base in Florida that the FSU guy had...but Johnson does have solid inroads to Louisiana and we snagged Peyton from there.

Reactions: 3 people
For those of us who don’t know anything about him, can someone give some insight on why he’s a good hire?

I was thinking the same thing. Not disputing that he's a good hire - just don't know that much about him, other than the 2 years at Memphis. What about recruiting? I see on Scout he was ranked 404 in 2017 and #6 on the Memphis staff. Couldn't find him at all for 2016. He was currently ranked 236 this year.

VN Store

Back