JG & QD vs Hurts & Tua

Nocleats

Just looking back, and no 2 situations are identical but, Look at how Hurts acted with Tua going in. You know he was disappointed, probably angry, and even slighted, but: He supported Tua, Cheered him on, offered his input and seemed happy with his success. Even Coached him some.. Wind Back and look at how JG acted in the GaTech game.. Angry, selfish, pouted, disinterested in the game. Wouldn't even watch.. I'm not slamming on the kid but regardless of what coaches had told or promised, or even how he felt the competition had gone, you're either a teammate or your not.. Hopefully he matures and puts team ahead of himself..

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't have been more impressed with Hurts and Tua. I agree that JD didn't exhibit that same team first mentality. However, I think Saban's handling of players demands more respect than BJ's. I think BJ created problems with empty promises.

Reactions: 7 people
Different situations. Different coaches. I don't think QD lead us to a NC game last year either.

Kinda hard to do that when playing injured, with an offense not suited to your skills, and a swiss cheese Oline that's more injured than you are.. But still. the way JG acted in game 1 was worthy of a locker room arse beating..

Reactions: 5 people
Our QBs vs. bummers, no contest. TT is already being touted for the Heistman(Peyton shoulda won it) so hurts may be moved to a new position,rb or wr. Nice controversy to have though.

Kinda hard to do that when playing injured, with an offense not suited to your skills, and a swiss cheese Oline that's more injured than you are.. But still. the way JG acted in game 1 was worthy of a locker room arse beating..

I doubt you ever have been on a team if you think that. There is always a guy who thinks he is better than a starter.

In this case he was right.

I would be mad too. Botch shouldn't have been such a lying fraud.

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt you ever have been on a team if you think that. There is always a guy who thinks he is better than a starter.

In this case he was right.

I would be mad too. Botch shouldn't have been such a lying fraud.

WRONG. Played LL Mid School HS and College Ball, (Small College) If you think the way JG acted during the Ga tech game is understandable, then we went to different kind of schools. He covered his head with a towel and refused to even watch the damn game. He was 1 play away from going in and he is sitting over there acting like he couldn't care less if his team won, lost, or died in a plane crash.. I'm sorry but that was not excusable in any way.. You don't think Hurts was pizzed off?

Reactions: 10 people
Just looking back, and no 2 situations are identical but, Look at how Hurts acted with Tua going in. You know he was disappointed, probably angry, and even slighted, but: He supported Tua, Cheered him on, offered his input and seemed happy with his success. Even Coached him some.. Wind Back and look at how JG acted in the GaTech game.. Angry, selfish, pouted, disinterested in the game. Wouldn't even watch.. I'm not slamming on the kid but regardless of what coaches had told or promised, or even how he felt the competition had gone, you're either a teammate or your not.. Hopefully he matures and puts team ahead of himself..
And when JG was named the starter...QD almost quit the team. He also decided to go ahead with shoulder surgery that he was going to hold off on until after the season...effectively quitting on the 2017 season.

Reactions: 4 people
WRONG. Played LL Mid School HS and College Ball, (Small College) If you think the way JG acted during the Ga tech game is understandable, then we went to different kind of schools. He covered his head with a towel and refused to even watch the damn game. He was 1 play away from going in and he is sitting over there acting like he couldn't care less if his team won, lost, or died in a plane crash.. I'm sorry but that was not excusable in any way.. You don't think Hurts was pizzed off?

He didn't handle it perfectly. He was a kid that had been lied to up until the start of the game.

He learned and matured. I don't think it was an "a** kicking" worthy offense.

Coaching has a lot to do with how they handled it. Good coaches would have been on JG as soon as it looked like he wasn't invested in the game or was pouting.

Had a football coach for gym class, when tempers flared and dudes wanted to fight he put boxing gloves on 'em and let 'em go at it 'til they got to tired or one of 'em conceded. Old school.

bb1K_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

LET IT GO.....It's a new day for Tennessee football.

Hurts seems to be a really classy kid. I thought it sucked that he was chased down after the game for an interview. Boy did he handle it great.

Do not know if this is accurate but was told that he and his parents had a discussion with Saban that his path to the NFL most likely was not at QB. So in the end there might have been a feeling of relief.

Bama would compete for Natl championship if they had QD and JG and Tennessee would struggle to win a game with Hurts and Tua.

These huge differences in the program are in the other 21 positions.

Reactions: 6 people
So are you JG?s father, brother, cousin, sister or lover?

Yea posting stats, showing a player in a favorable light that is getting bashed by dummies judging off of feelings and not results, means they are related to me.

I guess Qd and McBride have hundreds of family members on VN since they get so much love despite being inferior quarterbacks.

Hurts is 4x better than JG, and I strongly dislike him.

Hurts is a much better runner, JG throws the ball a good bit better. Hurts has had outstanding QB and head coaching while JG has gotten bupkis. And then there’s the situation of Hurts playing which much better skill players and a light years better OL.

Yea posting stats, showing a player in a favorable light that is getting bashed by dummies judging off of feelings and not results, means they are related to me.

I guess Qd and McBride have hundreds of family members on VN since they get so much love despite being inferior quarterbacks.

Don't forget all the excuse making for a guy that was a junior. Now a senior QB that no team on this conference wants as their starter.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back