Most important thing CJP has said so far.

Vfl2407

He has said that in recruiting that most times we will be going head to head for recruits against schools like Bama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State.
He was brutally honest when he said “we are all chasing the same guys, we know who we are all recruiting”.

How refreshing is that?
We can’t beat the best teams without the best players.
What a concept, right?
It may not be as soon as this February, but it sounds like Top 5 classes will be our goal from here on out. Love that.

Reactions: 13 people
When two teams run the same schemes on offense and defense, it's seems natural that they would go after the same players. Only one team can get the #1 recruit each year. Last year we got it. Who is the #1 guy this year? Have we offered him?

He has said that in recruiting that most times we will be going head to head for recruits against schools like Bama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State.
He was brutally honest when he said “we are all chasing the same guys, we know who we are all recruiting”.

How refreshing is that?

Well, isn't that "Mr. Obvious"...??

Reactions: 7 people
It's what he hasn't said too. No resiliency, consistency, and individuals. Just says what he thinks at the moment without a scripted answer.

Reactions: 12 people
Before you give the OP a ration of ****, look at Bama’s recruiting class last year and see how many we offered. Just a quick look and I saw one.

Reactions: 1 person
Before you give the OP a ration of ****, look at Bama’s recruiting class last year and see how many we offered. Just a quick look and I saw one.

Thanks.
My point is that under Dooley and Jones I think we backed off and didn’t try to go up against certain programs.
Pruitt will change that.

Reactions: 8 people
Teams have always chased the same guys. If you think TN hasn't been going after these top guys for the last fifteen years, you are completely delusional. We won't get them because they have vastly superior options. If I can have a Ferrari, I will pick the Kia 0 out 1000 times.

Reactions: 4 people
Opposing teams are going to have to earn every inch. We’re going to line up and press the receivers and be aggressive.

People are going to be afraid to play UT again.

Reactions: 3 people
Scholastics, problems with drugs, history of violence, serious injuries that will likely effect future play, etc., also a factor when competing for top athletes who may not be top citizens.

In the Finnebaum interview yesterday, Pruitt was asked how excited and anxious the fan base was to get to know him.

Pruitt's comment was "I think that they will care more about how we play in the Fall, then meeting me in the Spring." I like that comment way more.

I'm controlling my enthusiasm due to BVS. But, I am very optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
I get the impression that CJP is going to let his coaches do what he hired them to do and not micro-manage them the way "you-know-who" did. By the way, Finebaum called Butch a "Huckster" yesterday.

Uhh, what?

RANKING: The most arrested teams in college football - WSMV News 4

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/NCAA_Football_Injury_WEB.pdf

Other important considerations when recruiting top class athletes. Our football program has been significantly affected by arrests and injuries. Just making the point that our coaching staff should look for players who are good kids, don't do drugs, won't spend playing time sitting in jail and who have a legitimate chance to play if they have had serious injuries in high school.

He is hiring coaches that coach well, are good people, and who have figured out how to do life right and model it for people's children.

This is a recruiting pitch based on delivering value to people who care about the recruit.

Also, he said something to the Alabama defense before Georgia's 50 second 3-and-out 4th quarter drive, and something before overtime. Those words... and all the words leading up to those words.

Reactions: 3 people
Best thing that he's said so far is that the Db's will be playing the WR face and not 10 yards off..

He won me over right there.

Reactions: 6 people
Teams have always chased the same guys. If you think TN hasn't been going after these top guys for the last fifteen years, you are completely delusional. We won't get them because they have vastly superior options. If I can have a Ferrari, I will pick the Kia 0 out 1000 times.

Are you certain that would be 0 out of 1000? Maybe 1 time you might pick the Kia.

VN Store

Back