question about north end zone seating

Smokey X

can someone tell me how many rows up I have to be in order to be under the overhang of the north end zone. someone I know is sun sensitive and needs as much shade as possible

thx

Reactions: 1 person
can someone tell me how many rows up I have to be in order to be under the overhang of the north end zone. someone I know is sun sensitive and needs as much shade as possible

thx

On the east, nearly to the top early in the year for noon and miss afternoon games. On the west side about a third of the way up the upper ring early. About 3 it starts to shade.

Edit:. I was answering for the upper deck, sorry. We used to have seats in the upper ring.. Hot as hell for afternoon games. We were in chains the last few years we had seats.

Last edited:

thx

42 is the first row under the overhang. For sun sensitivity I'd recommend 46 or higher on west side.

Reactions: 3 people
42 is the first row under the overhang. For sun sensitivity I'd recommend 46 or higher on west side.
Spot on.

It depends a little on how far you are toward the Northeast corner. I'm in z12 row 42 and I'm in the dry but still the first row into the sun a lot of times. About row 45 or 46 is safe. If you're in the northwest corner, it's a little lower than that.

Reactions: 2 people
If you are in row S and early in the season, how many rows up to be in the shade? When does it start to shade the entire area? This is the West side on about the 25.

Cool. That's the info i need. Thx.

And sorry orangeluvr but screen doesn't work unless maybe it gets put on by Sherwin Williams with a roller.

If you are in row S and early in the season, how many rows up to be in the shade? When does it start to shade the entire area? This is the West side on about the 25.

Shade starts coming well into the 3rd quarter for noon kick offs early in the year. Probably starts moving across around 3pm. The shady rows in S are around 45 or higher.

Our seats are section T row 11. We are completely in the shade for 3:30 games. For noon games we get shaded at about the 4th quarter. You would get it sooner.

thx

I'm in row 44 there and it's pretty good.

The sun sets in the west. The "north" end zone runs from X1 to Z15. Shade will cover the X's long before the Z's. Y's are more dependent on row height (44+). Noon games are going to be in the sun for most of the stadium not under the upper deck. 330 games will find shade on most of the west side, northwest corner, and southwest corner. Night games matter only for your choice of cocktails.

Spot on.

It depends a little on how far you are toward the Northeast corner. I'm in z12 row 42 and I'm in the dry but still the first row into the sun a lot of times. About row 45 or 46 is safe. If you're in the northwest corner, it's a little lower than that.

This is true. I sit 50 rows up and stay dry and out of the sun. Row 42 may be under the upper deck but you will get wet sitting there in any rain above a drizzle.

Can't see the jumbotron but it's worth it on a rainy day. Individual TVs for each section work well.

VN Store

Back