Kirby Smart can’t beat Pruitt.

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
I just don’t believe it. I think Pruitt will beat him again and again. It doesn’t matter what kind of recruiting class Smart has there. Pruitt will find a way to beat him just like he did in the 4th quarter on defense. Sherrer and Pruitt=trouble for Florida and Georgia. :rock::clapping:

I just don’t believe it. I think Pruitt will beat him again and again. It doesn’t matter what kind of recruiting class Smart has there. Pruitt will find a way to beat him just like he did in the 4th quarter on defense. Sherrer and Pruitt=trouble for Florida and Georgia. :rock::clapping:

I like the way you talk ✊

Reactions: 7 people
Your logic seems sound.
For I said it a month ago, Pruitt knows Smarts system. Pruitt knew what was coming in the 2nd half, and he made the adjustment to shut it down. Now, I believe the 2nd time around, he will be even better to shut it down.
For I have said, he knows Mullen’s system. He knows Sabans system. He knows 🤔Jimbos system. He even knows that coach from South Carolina’s system. He has been around all of them before. Gus from Auburn, it is much sweeter, because he really knows his system. Coming from the SEC West is an advantage that he has. That is why Philip Fulmer chose him. :clapping:

Reactions: 6 people
I like the way you talk ✊
I think everyone keeps forgetting about him being around all of these coaches before. The trees that he came from, he learned well. Sabans and Jimbos? Oh yeah, that right there gets me excited. Poor Clemson and Dabo even got shut down. The man is a winner, and poor Smart knows that Chaney will get whipped every time by Pruitt.:rock::)

Reactions: 2 people
I think everyone keeps forgetting about him being around all of these coaches before. The trees that he came from, he learned well. Sabans and Jimbos? Oh yeah, that right there gets me excited. Poor Clemson and Dabo even got shut down. The man is a winner, and poor Smart knows that Chaney will get whipped every time by Pruitt.:rock::)

I hope your right, let's give it a couple of years and see.

This afternoon, I saw the USA Today “report card” for all FBS teams, with Georgia getting an honest and deserved A+, and Tennessee getting an honest and deserved F. (Sorry, it’s the truth.)

Needless to say, not the way to start my weekend.

Initially, this thread made me laugh, but after a few minutes I realized, it’s probably just 3 years too early.

In 2020 it will read, Kirby Smart can’t beat Pruitt ANYMORE!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 5 people
That safety have cement in his shoes or something?

Parrish was known for jumping the first move on big downs. Safety was slow to cover over the top. Result: National Championship for Alabama.

Perfect call against a predictable CB. The only variable was the safety, and even then it's a 50/50 ball.

It was that simple. Literally.

Go Vols.

Parrish was known for jumping the first move on big downs. Safety was slow to cover over the top. Result: National Championship for Alabama.

Perfect call against a predictable CB. The only variable was the safety, and even then it's a 50/50 ball.

Go Vols.

Almost felt sorry for the guy - he was burned for TDs twice and gave up multiple other big plays and a pass interference. Reminded me of us trying to cover receivers against Oklahoma and Florida past few years - games otherwise won.

Thanks VN for zero requirements to create a thread. Thanks OP for your obviously well thought out analysis. We all know that Alabubba's NC is due only to Pruitt. That's why he was the fourth choice for the UT HC job...lol.

Right now I love CJP and so do all VFL's. We'll see down the road. Your silliness in thinking he owns Smart--or anybody else after just getting hired for his first HC job is pretty hilarious tho. We all loved Butch the first year or two or three.

Reactions: 6 people
Almost felt sorry for the guy - he was burned for TDs twice and gave up multiple other big plays and a pass interference. Reminded me of us trying to cover receivers against Oklahoma and Florida past few years - games otherwise won.

Yep. I watched enough UGA football this year to know where they were weak, or weakest. I have no idea what happened against Auburn, but that was the flattest UGA looked all year. I thought that the OU game would be a shootout, and I thought that the Bama game would likely come down to turnovers and/or who made the one big play. In the end, each team had their TO's and their big plays, but Bama just made one more than UGA did. And they picked the perfect spot to get it.

Like I said, simple as that.

Go Vols.

Silly. UGA is losing a ton, but they'll still beat us by at least 2 TDs next year.

Aight then.

Thanks VN for zero requirements to create a thread. Thanks OP for your obviously well thought out analysis. We all know that Alabubba's NC is due only to Pruitt. That's why he was the fourth choice for the UT HC job...lol.

Right now I love CJP and so do all VFL's. We'll see down the road. Your silliness in thinking he owns Smart--or anybody else after just getting hired for his first HC job is pretty hilarious tho. We all loved Butch the first year or two or three.

Who were the first three that Fulmer wanted ahead of Pruitt. Asking for a friend.

Uga w/Pruitt-10 Alabama w/smart-38
Call me crazy, but I think it’s the players more so than the coaches. lol he also gave up 38 points to Butch Jones the following game

Last edited:
Uga w/Pruitt-10 Alabama w/smart-38
Call me crazy, but I think it’s the players more so than the coaches. lol he also gave up 38 points to Butch Jones the following game

Exactly. Folks expecting Pruitt to walk on water before taking our roster and "coaching it up" to the level of UGA or Bama are being silly. Anyone who watched those two teams this season along with UT could clearly see how far behind we are. I hope this staff can squeeze some more out of the current roster, but that's a band aide for a gut wound. We need a turning over of this roster. We need better players, tougher players and a lot of them. The old saying goes....can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Outside of Smith, I'm trying to think of a single player on our roster that could start for either UGA or Bama this past season. Not sure we have one.

Reactions: 4 people

Go Vols.

Tua made the play. Looked to the right and got safety to lean wrong way and threw the pass flat to get to receiver faster. Safety not fast enough to recover. Perfect !

For I said it a month ago, Pruitt knows Smarts system. Pruitt knew what was coming in the 2nd half, and he made the adjustment to shut it down. Now, I believe the 2nd time around, he will be even better to shut it down.
For I have said, he knows Mullen’s system. He knows Sabans system. He knows 🤔Jimbos system. He even knows that coach from South Carolina’s system. He has been around all of them before. Gus from Auburn, it is much sweeter, because he really knows his system. Coming from the SEC West is an advantage that he has. That is why Philip Fulmer chose him. :clapping:

I hope you're right. Listen, I'm a JP fan, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that he's had elite talent and depth everywhere he's been. I hope and believe he'll get our roster there, but it won't happen over night. And, be careful giving JP all of the credit for the natty. There's a guy down there named Saban that had a little something to do with it, too.

Again, I hope you're right. Go Vols!

Pruitt and Smart will have the exact same system. They will know each other well because they are both Saban clones. The only way they will beat Daddy is if they out recruit him.

VN Store

Back