Tennessee mailbag!

If we can steal these guys he has listed, then man, we may jump into the top 5 quickly. Georgia can kizz my grits.

top 5 is going to be tough. top 10 is doable, but it would require landing most of these guys, and a couple more.

Griffin feels like he's the closest one to coming here. Stuart and Copeland are going to require a lot of work.

Quay Walker...he's left the door open. he's a potential flip imo. you get him with JJ Peterson and Griffin, your defense gets better pretty quick....regardless of what Stuart does.

there's other guys like Mo Washington that are still in the fold, but will require work as well.

and they're still working on other WR's, DB's and OL/DL.

we're 16th right now, and i think when it's all said and done it's very realistic to think this class could wind up in the top 12. if you get a couple of those flips and we're able to sign 2-3 of those ?'s that are at the top of the board, could definitely sneak in to the top 10........

gonna be an interesting month, and it starts tomorrow evening....got a 1/2 dozen prospects in town for the 18 class, and a bevy of kids coming from the 19 and 20 classes as well.

Reactions: 6 people
I seem to recall discussion of a walk on QB, tall kid from out west maybe.
Did I just dream that one up or does anyone else recall that.

With Georgia's loss we still have a NC more recently than them and have won 2 of the last 3 games vs them. Its one bright spot we have to hold onto.

Reactions: 1 person
With Georgia's loss we still have a NC more recently than them and have won 2 of the last 3 games vs them. Its one bright spot we have to hold onto.
Yea, we’ll hold onto that fact. Gotta be positive...:rock::clapping:

"Hey, 5 Star recruit! We won a National Championship more recently than Georgia! What? It was before you were born? Well, yeah, but it's still more recent!"

Not sure if that's a point you want to make to a recruit...

Reactions: 3 people
"Hey, 5 Star recruit! We won a National Championship more recently than Georgia! What? It was before you were born? Well, yeah, but it's still more recent!"

At least, UGa can not tell they have won one more recent than we did. It does take away something they could have used if they had won last Monday. One big reason why I pulled for Bama in that game.

Reactions: 3 people
At least, UGa can not tell they have won one more recent than we did. It does take away something they could have used if they had won last Monday. One big reason why I pulled for Bama in that game.

I was just hoping for a low scoring game on both sides since our HC was on defense on one side and our new DC was on the other.

But yes, the tears of UGA fans are delightful.

Reactions: 2 people

Good point and by extension why resting on "Tennessee's storied history" doesn't pull in any recruits either, aside from a few underwhelming legacies. Different time, different place, might as well have been another planet.

Good point and by extension why resting on "Tennessee's storied history" doesn't pull in any recruits either, aside from a few underwhelming legacies. Different time, different place, might as well have been another planet.

To a point. You can speak of the Vols' storied history and add in the modern enhancements like the training facilities, 102,455 attendance, Vol Nation's passionate support (boy did we ever prove that in recent memory) a group of active NFL players, etc.

It is a selling point in the right context. We are a college blue blood and have the stats to back up our storied history even given the past decade of what's happened.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back