Coach JP

As a Bama fan I respect how CPF allowed JP to finish what he started this year at Bama. I hope for JP he is a successful coach for you but not in October. He is a class act and will (should) do great things on the hill.

Reactions: 23 people
He’s an honest man, but he’s also a winner. He very well could be our version of Dabo. Fulmer put his name on the line with this hire, and I think it’s going to pay off in a big way. There will be some bumps, but stick with JP because I believe he’ll have us back in the big league.

I believe you may be right. I feel the same way. Now if he will just stop monkeying with that microphone.

Reactions: 3 people
We are going to give Alabama fits in the near future.😬💗❤️👍

So far, all indications seem to point to the notion that the program is finally in good hands. I'm optimistic about the direction we're headed with Pruitt at the helm as well as the potential for vast improvement (not that it'd be difficult to improve on 4-8, of course) over the next several years. Go Vols.

Reactions: 6 people
I like him a whole lot more than Dan Mullen. I don’t think that’s going to work out for Florida at all. He’s just kinda goofy.

Reactions: 6 people
He’s an honest man, but he’s also a winner. He very well could be our version of Dabo. Fulmer put his name on the line with this hire, and I think it’s going to pay off in a big way. There will be some bumps, but stick with JP because I believe he’ll have us back in the big league.

How do you know he is honest? Honesty is subjective in some cases...

Reactions: 5 people
Nobody knows of course if JP will be great yet but I will say it’s good to have a coach who was at least a coordinator unlike Dooley or Bufch even though JP has no previous HC experience. I think he has learned well from some winning coaches like Jimbo, Richt and of course Saban. My goals for him in his first season is just beat Vandy and Kentucky and Mizzou and get us back to a bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
How do you know he is honest? Honesty is subjective in some cases...

His answers to questions aren’t premeditated. When asked a question, he doesn’t give you some verbiage that may or may not even be an actual answer.

He was asked what the hardest part of juggling both jobs was and he replied “guilt”. Great answer for someone employed by Alabama and Tennessee all at the same time. The only answer, in my opinion.

He’s not self entitled Dooley, who came from coaching royalty and did nothing to move up the ranks other than rely on his last name.

He’s not pretender Butch, who was only successful at lower level football.

He’s not immature Kiffin, who thinks about himself and only himself.

The man was a high school coach and teacher. He didn’t pretend to come down as a gift from the football heavens.

Reactions: 15 people
Not funny just true. we literally know no more than this at this point. But keep setting yourselves up for disappointment. You won't be disappointed.

So far, all indications seem to point to the notion that the program is finally in good hands. I'm optimistic about the direction we're headed with Pruitt at the helm as well as the potential for vast improvement (not that it'd be difficult to improve on 4-8, of course) over the next several years. Go Vols.

This is about where my head is as well. He wins one SEC game next year and it's a 100% improvement in that stat year over year but would be a massive fail and under performance. He has my support but am I ready to declare him a "great" hire? I guess it depends what your benchmark is for great. I've had this discussion with various VN posters previously. For example was Nic Chubb a GREAT RB? Not in my view. Chubb had one GREAT season as a freshman and was never ever able to duplicate or exceed it the rest of his collegiate career. This final season, he wasn't even the best RB in the SEC or on his team. Johnson at Auburn had more total yards and Sony Michel had better ypc stats, so IMO Chubb was not great, very good he was. It is WAAAAAAY to early to tag CJP great, he may be, but Bucth Jones after his first 9 win season on The Hill was termed "great" and as we all know that clouds in my coffee dream vanished. CJP may be great but we actually will not know that until we see the product he puts on the field for a few years.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back