Sleep not on Jeremy Pruitts to-do list while rebuilding Tennessee football

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
Sleep not on Jeremy Pruitt’s to-do list while rebuilding Tennessee football

jbrice@gridironnow.com'
By John Brice

He waited too long for this opportunity; too long to run his own show.

Plus, let’s be clear: Pruitt had just landed the University of Tennessee’s top job while he also embraced the task of preparing Alabama for an eventual, magical, final national championship run in charge of the Tide defense – his fifth title-winning stop-unit.

So once he landed in Knoxville on Dec. 7, 2017, to be introduced as this storied program’s 26th head coach, Pruitt didn’t find time for a nap until after he had welcomed in Tennessee’s first group of official visitors and continued his work inside the Anderson Training Center well into Saturday morning.

Sleep not on Jeremy Pruitt's to-do list while rebuilding Tennessee football

Reactions: 20 people
Thanks HITR! Good read. :clapping: saban is successful because he's relentless and you can see that in his players. If CJP is like him he to will be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Our program had grown rusty under Jones and his predecessors.
As Neil Young reminded us, "Rust Never Sleeps."

Key takeaway in that article:

“We’re going to recruit the same guys that Florida State does, that LSU does, that Auburn does,” Pruitt explained. “The thing about it is the guys on these staffs, we’re all friends, and there’s not going to be any recruit that gets in the way of our friendship. If we’re not recruiting the same guy that Alabama and Florida State and Auburn and Georgia’s recruiting, and Ohio State, then I think we’re probably recruiting the wrong guys.”

Absolutely, positively 100% correct.

Reactions: 4 people
Is he watering bamboo and laying bricks? Is this year 1 or year 0? Is he bringing the best staff in America?

To be fair I love the comments on recruiting. But otherwise, I’m over talk and off season prognostication. Just win.

Is he watering bamboo and laying bricks? Is this year 1 or year 0? Is he bringing the best staff in America?

To be fair I love the comments on recruiting. But otherwise, I’m over talk and off season prognostication. Just win.

Get use to it because we got 8 months or so till kickoff.

Our program had grown rusty under Jones and his predecessors.
As Neil Young reminded us, "Rust Never Sleeps."

Oh, stop this foolishness! The program grew downward under Fulmer's neglect. It dived into a sinkhole under Dooley. Under Kiffin defied terminal illness, though just barely. Briefly, Jones dragged us out of the hole, or at least to the edge of it so the program semi-crawled out. His last season, it fell back into the hole. But he wasn't the cause of the rust. That was already there. Least give the man credit for what he was able to do before it came crashing down. Better yet, stop whining about Butch and focus on Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people

I don't want to hear any more about laying bricks.

Well considering this is the off season after all.

Oh, stop this foolishness! The program grew downward under Fulmer's neglect. It dived into a sinkhole under Dooley. Under Kiffin defied terminal illness, though just barely. Briefly, Jones dragged us out of the hole, or at least to the edge of it so the program semi-crawled out. His last season, it fell back into the hole. But he wasn't the cause of the rust. That was already there. Least give the man credit for what he was able to do before it came crashing down. Better yet, stop whining about Butch and focus on Pruitt.

Butch rode the backs of his recruits. All talk no walk.
I’m trying to say Butch deserves no credit, 0-8

VN Store

Back