2018 Schedule - I dare

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Sept. 1 vs. West Virginia (Charlotte, N.C.)

W 16 -10 Defense shines early, offense not so much.

Sept. 8 ETSU

W 48 - 12 Defense shows up again, weak ETSU
defense makes Ut offense look good.

Sept. 15 UTEP

W 38 - 22 Pruitt put subs in too soon.

Sept. 22 Florida

W 19 - 10 Pride on both struggling teams.

Sept. 29 at Georgia

L 38 - 16 Defense on the field too often.

Oct. 13 at Auburn

L 28 -14 Offense continues to lag behind defense
development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

W 19 -10 A shocking event. Offensive Line begins to assert itself. Backs and receivers show up in the 4th quarter.

Oct. 27 at South Carolina

W 46-26 Offense primed and confident. Pruitt inserts subs again too soon.

Nov. 3 Charlotte

W 49 - 10 Subs play a significant amount of time.

Nov. 10 Kentucky

W 50 - 10 Order of universe returns to form. But for three quarters Wildcats make it a game. Pruitt doesn’t sub this time.

Nov. 17 Missouri

W 54 - 26 Dooley hate is strong. Pruitt understands this and lets the beasts loose.

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

W 30 - 20 Revenge game, lots of penalties, lots of highlight plays. This is going to be a heck of a game fueled by pride, intra-state hatred, and lots of Vols fury. There will be bigger names in games in 2018 but this one has highlight championship all over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
zGHQb4O.gif

Reactions: 32 people
I’ll have whatever he’s having. But we are not beating Bama, USCe will be very good next year, and Missouri is still very winnable but has Lock coming back. (Even tho Dooley will be their OC). You have your expectations too high. We are completely changing schemes on both sides of the ball and lose some good players. Year 1 is gonna be full of growing pains

Reactions: 9 people

Sept. 8 ETSU

Sept. 15 UTEP

Sept. 22 Florida

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Oct. 13 at Auburn

development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

W 19 -10 A shocking event. Offensive Line begins to assert itself. Backs and receivers show up in the 4th quarter.

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nov. 10 Kentucky

W 50 - 10 Order of universe returns to form. But for three quarters Wildcats make it a game. Pruitt doesn’t sub this time.

Nov. 17 Missouri

W 54 - 26 Dooley hate is strong. Pruitt understands this and lets the beasts loose.

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

W 30 - 20 Revenge game, lots of penalties, lots of highlight plays. This is going to be a heck of a game fueled by pride, intra-state hatred, and lots of Vols fury. There will be bigger names in games in 2018 but this one is highlight championship all over it.

Just stop

Reactions: 12 people
I'm on board except for the Bama Florida games. I still think bama is a loss and florida will be a toss up. Still tho, an 8 win season wouldn't be too shabby for the first year head coach.

Reactions: 1 person
10-2 would be an awesome accomplishment. Not losing to Bama or Florida would be awesomer!

Reactions: 3 people
I'll just give one word of warning.

Pruitt, since coaching in college, has worked at Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State.

Not once in his college coaching career has he had to try to hide his unit's or team's deficiencies.

He didn't even have to worry about injuries. That's how loaded the rosters were on the defensive side of the ball where he happened to be.

Just keep that in mind

Reactions: 19 people
We are playing 3 top 5 teams in a row and that’s not counting Florida and South Carolina. Unbelievable.

Also no way in hell we hold West Virginia to 10 points.

Reactions: 2 people

Pruitt, since coaching in college, has worked at Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State.

Not once in his college coaching career has he had to try to hide his unit's or team's deficiencies.

He didn't even have to worry about injuries. That's how loaded the rosters were on the defensive side of the ball where he happened to be.

Just keep that in mind

He has worked with some loaded rosters. Lucky for us he and his staff are great recruiters. We have some talent and I’m looking forward to some individual improvements but with the changing scheme and not being quite as loaded as the teams he has coached, it will take some time to get rolling but I think we get there.

We are going to beat the reigning national champs whose Freshman won the game for them and are all coming back? I like to think of myself as an optimist but, damn.

Sept. 8 ETSU

Sept. 15 UTEP

Sept. 22 Florida

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Oct. 13 at Auburn

development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nov. 10 Kentucky

Nov. 17 Missouri

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

W 30 - 20 Revenge game, lots of penalties, lots of highlight plays. This is going to be a heck of a game fueled by pride, intra-state hatred, and lots of Vols fury. There will be bigger names in games in 2018 but this one is highlight championship all over it.

"I'll have what the pilot's having!"

Last edited:
Just stop

Don't stop believing
Hold on to the feeling
Just cause you're low today;
And things haven't gone the Vols' way;
Don't stop believing
Hold on to the feeling
Don't stop living large
Don't stop believing in orange
Believe, believe, believe.

[Taking another puff, gulping another drink]
And still believing, uh-huh. It's coming VN, it's coming.

You're forgetting the Saban rule. Protégés of Saban are unable to beat him. Unless you're saying Saban will be sick or in the NFL, then I could see it

Just keep that in mind

Exactly. Runaway expectations already starting I see. I'm seeing 7-5 ceiling. 6-6 being more realistic. Gonna take 2-3 years to weed out and upgrade the roster. Will take a couple of years for S&C to get up to acceptable levels as well.

Sept. 8 ETSU

Sept. 15 UTEP

Sept. 22 Florida

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Oct. 13 at Auburn

development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nov. 10 Kentucky

Nov. 17 Missouri

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

W 30 - 20 Revenge game, lots of penalties, lots of highlight plays. This is going to be a heck of a game fueled by pride, intra-state hatred, and lots of Vols fury. There will be bigger names in games in 2018 but this one has highlight championship all over it.

These are unrealistically high expectations. Expect to see growing pains since our coaches are installing a completely new scheme and coaching system. I'm thinking our absolute best is around 8-4 with losses to Georgia, Auburn, Bama, and Florida.

Our absolute worst is 6-6 with losses to USCjr and Missouri in addition to the four teams above.

Last edited:
10-2.....

I'm pretty sure we could be given the Death Pentalty and the first season we have back some of our fans would predict 10-2.

Sept. 8 ETSU

Sept. 15 UTEP

Sept. 22 Florida

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Oct. 13 at Auburn

development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nov. 10 Kentucky

Nov. 17 Missouri

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

You lost me at the opening game. WVU finished #23 in total offense. Grier threw for 34 touchdowns and didn't even play the final 3 games due to injury. Both Grier and their WR Sills who had 18 touchdowns are returning for their senior seasons. We may score 16, but they will score a lot more than 10.

Losses: Bama, Georgia, Auburn,

Can go either way: WVU, Florida, USCe, Missouri

Should win: ETSU, UTEP, Charlotte, Kentucky, Vandy

I see 6-6 realistic with 7-5 the likely ceiling.

Reactions: 3 people

Sept. 8 ETSU

Sept. 15 UTEP

Sept. 22 Florida

Sept. 29 at Georgia

Oct. 13 at Auburn

development.

Oct. 20 Alabama

Nov. 3 Charlotte

Nov. 10 Kentucky

Nov. 17 Missouri

Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

This prediction is just as likely as anyone elses at this point. Too many unknown variables for anyone to dismiss it or call it a done deal

Just keep that in mind
What about the experience of coaching high school, where you can have a huge change in team make up in one year. He has had to go from having a 300 pound 3 technique to a 185 pounder the next season. I think the flexibility in scheme needed to succeed in highschool coaching is going to be a valuable asset for Coach Pruitt.

VN Store

Back