Why Pruitt stayed (conjecture)

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
Jeremy Pruitt receives a cool $234,000 bonus for the National Championship win from Alabama. I don't remember this being discussed or the actual payout amount, but it seems to reason a Quarter-million dollars would be plenty of reasons to stick it out for another month of work. Does anyone know if his UT pay has begun, more than $300 K per month? He could very well be drawing the last Alabama paycheck too for all I know. Needless to say, he made bank, along with doing a decent job recruiting and winning. His bonus appears to be the biggest on the staff, and more than twice what Nick Saban gets.

Congratulations, Coach Pruitt (I am going on record that I am not yet convinced he's the guy for the job). Now go get those 5-stars!

bonuses

Here's the windfall Alabama's coaches got for winning the national title. The players? Not so much | Charlotte Observer

Reactions: 2 people
Jeremy Pruitt receives a cool $234,000 bonus for the National Championship win from Alabama. I don't remember this being discussed or the actual payout amount, but it seems to reason a Quarter-million dollars would be plenty of reasons to stick it out for another month of work. Does anyone know if his UT pay has begun, more than $300 K per month? He could very well be drawing the last Alabama paycheck too for all I know. Needless to say, he made bank, along with doing a decent job recruiting and winning. His bonus appears to be the biggest on the staff, and more than twice what Nick Saban gets.

Congratulations, Coach Pruitt (I am going on record that I am not yet convinced he's the guy for the job). Now go get those 5-stars!

bonuses

Here's the windfall Alabama's coaches got for winning the national title. The players? Not so much | Charlotte Observer

People. Geez

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think that is the only reason he stayed, but I am sure he's happy to get the money.

He just signed a contract with UT for a HUGE raise. It's a lot of money, but in his context, probably not a primary factor in the decision.

Reactions: 3 people

bonuses

In my area in Tri Cities that would be a decent house paid in cash not bad for extra 2 games to coach.

Reactions: 1 person

bonuses

You’re admitting you’re not sure he’s the right guy for the job? After that post, I’m shocked I tell ya, just shocked.

Reactions: 4 people
you can be committed to the kids, and get paid. they're not mutually exclusive. :)

for that kind of money, i could definitely commit myself to the kids for working out my two week notice.

Good lord, Karl Dunbar is totally getting the shaft here, his unit was the best on the team :eek:

It appears each asst coach got an 18% bonus. Karl's bonus was less than others, because his salary is less than others.

"Getting the shaft"? Dunbar agreed to the terms of his contract. He is getting paid what his contract stipulates.

Edit: if it makes others feel better, Dunbar's salary will go from $275,000/yr to $575,000/year beginning this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Btw, there’s absolutely no common sense applied here if you’re claiming he only stayed to coach Alabama the last couple weeks because of the money.

You’d have us believe that a guy who just took a $3.8mm per year job (which is a $2.5mm per year increase over what he was making at Bama) and who’s been making well north of $1mm per year for the last 2 years, would damn near kill himself working 2 extremely demanding jobs simultaneously so he could bank $234,000, or about 6% of what he’s about to earn at Tennessee? Sorry bud, neither the math nor the common sense, or lack thereof, just doesn’t add up. Pruitt needs neither the money nor the stress of what he just put himself through.

No, given his reputation and how well he’s thought of, even revered by many of those who know him, I suspect his intentions and motives were pure.

Reactions: 8 people
you can be committed to the kids, and get paid. they're not mutually exclusive. :)

for that kind of money, i could definitely commit myself to the kids for working out my two week notice.

Oh, I completely agree with this statement. I am not saying there's anything wrong with wanting a big payday either. money is part of the equation, and integrity is also part of the equation. for most people in my experience, money is a bigger incentive than integrous intentions.

I also think Pruitt had to realize he would be making a big payday by staying.

VN Store

Back