What if Hurts came with Pruitt

volfanatic24

A few Alabama fans and I were talking yesterday about their QB situation in the championship game. I brought up the fact that Jalen Hurts was on the plane with Pruitt coming to Knoxville, in a joking manner, and the bama fans agreed, and wouldn't be surprised if he came with CJP.

Just wanted to see what others would say about that situation.

Reactions: 2 people
you don't think he would be better than what we got at QB?

Nope. He was mediocre with a great OL and 5* players everywhere. He cannot really throw the ball. We actually have a real QB coach now. I think we are going to see improvement in the passing game.

Hurts is not a good QB.

Reactions: 3 people
Well Bama is known for being very flexible and reasonable for letting transfers play where they want...

/s

Reactions: 4 people
Ha Ha! I mused the same thing. Hurts lost his job that night, IMO, to a great young QB with an great attitude. As long as we're dreaming, I wonder if Saban made sure CJP didn't sit next to Tua on the ride home. If I was Saban, I would've made him find his own way home. Here's where we part company, mon ami!

Nope. He was mediocre with a great OL and 5* players everywhere. He cannot really throw the ball. We actually have a real QB coach now. I think we are going to see improvement in the passing game.

Hurts is not a good QB.

Is it now passing game? It has been throw game for 5 years...

Reactions: 6 people
Doesn't matter anyway. There is zero chance Saban would allow a transfer of a player to a former assistant at a rival school, potentially opening the door for more transfers. Never gonna happen.

Reactions: 2 people
You could do the Josh Dobbs thing with him but as we saw that is only effective until you run into a team that can stop the run. I posted this on another thread but Hurts needs to pull a Braxton Miller and go to WR. Like Miller he might could even go to the next level that way. He is never going to the NFL as a qb.

Truth! He plays on a lesser team and no one knows the name Jalen Hurts!

Always thought he was built more like a RB anyway!

I just don't see him being fast enough for a WR or RB spot. Maybe TE if anything, but I also think he is light years better than JG and QD. The kid is 29-2 or whatever it may be. Yea I know it's Satin's offense, but he wasn't out there making the throws or the reads for him. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 4 people
Not as a QB. They're trying to do a pro style offense it looks like this coming season. He runs a lot better than he throws under pressure.

A few Alabama fans and I were talking yesterday about their QB situation in the championship game. I brought up the fact that Jalen Hurts was on the plane with Pruitt coming to Knoxville, in a joking manner, and the bama fans agreed, and wouldn't be surprised if he came with CJP.

Just wanted to see what others would say about that situation.
turn in your VN membership.

talking to Bammers.... sheesh

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with the "no way Saban" or even the SEC schools in general would allow a Hurts type player to transfer to another SEC school. That said, I think what happened to Hurts may free him to concentrate working his skills into a position better suited for them. We could very well see a Jalen Hurts at safety for Bama in the next couple of years. His daddy made him a hs school QB, Kiffin could work with his skills, but others know how limited he is and figured out how to defense him as a QB. He was never going to play QB in the NFL anyway.

you don't think he would be better than what we got at QB?

As much as BJ coaching destroyed our current QBs, I think with some real coaching and a legit offensive scheme our current roster will excel. Seems like every QB who left us became far better almost instantly.

Reactions: 1 person
I’ve somewhat followed Hurts career since his days at Channelview. He had a good freshmen year and mediocre sophomore year as Alabama qb. He played through a lot of pressure being Sabans first true freshmen qb and the first black qb to lead Bama to nc. The majority of his success early on was because of the supporting level of talent. He started too young in my opinion. He’s actually younger than Tua but graduated high school early. I think the whole team knew Tua was better. Even Hurts knew it. Several interviews I watched yesterday confirm they were just waiting for him to get the opportunity. I guess it comes down to if hurts wants the NFL he will transfer if he’s happy just to be a part of Bama then he will be the backup. Auburn and Georgia had every answer to defend him. Kirby should of watched more film on Tua and maybe would have won. Sadly Tua will never be able to make a mistake and be forgiven from here on out. Lot of pressure for the young man.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back