Byrd switching to DB (per his Twitter)

kramer-yeah.gif

I like this move!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Byrd and Warrior in the secondary will be huge. If we can add Griffin and Stuart we will have one of the best secondaries in the country.

Reactions: 5 people
BOOM!

Seriously, though, I was getting sick of Butch just throwing guys at whatever random position he felt like we needed at a given moment rather than putting guys where they fit best. He was never looking out for his own players' interest. Byrd is much better suited to be a DB than a WR and should've never been moved. He has immense talent, but he was an average WR. He could be a great DB.

Also feel bad for Jakob Johnson, who Butch moved to TE and then basically never used. What was the point? He should've stayed at LB. And while Hurd was a whiner, his talent was much better suited to TE or WR than RB.

Reactions: 11 people
BOOM!

Seriously, though, I was getting sick of Butch just throwing guys at whatever random position he felt like we needed at a given moment rather than putting guys where they fit best. He was never looking out for his own players' interest. Byrd is much better suited to be a DB than a WR and should've never been moved. He has immense talent, but he was an average WR. He could be a great DB.

Also feel bad for Jakob Johnson, who Butch moved to TE and then basically never used. What was the point? He should've stayed at LB. And while Hurd was a whiner, his talent was much better suited to TE or WR than RB.
Jakob is living proof Jones is an a$$hat that had no clue what he was doing. He let a player that could have made a big impact on defense waste away on the bench. Of course Jones is also the same person who thought JJ Watt should play TE instead of defense.

Reactions: 15 people
I really don't disagree with Butch putting Bird in the slot. He has the skillset to be a playmaker there but I think with Butch's offense and usage, it was damn near impossible to witness it.

But we need him at DB now and with Pruitt being a great DC, we'll see more of his versatility.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously. I think our secondary will ball out. Plus I think our linebackers will surprise. I think JJ makes an impact as a freshman. Bitouli is a beast and hopefully we will have a healthy Kirkland finally. I just don’t expect much from our dline unfortunately.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. I think our secondary will ball out. Plus I think our linebackers will surprise. I think JJ makes an impact as a freshman. Bitouli is a beast and hopefully we will have a healthy Kirkland finally. I just don’t expect much from our dline unfortunately.
I’m very eager to see how Eric Crosby has developed. He was a bit out of shape based on spring and fall reports, but is extremely athletic for his size.

I believe he could be much better than KMac.

I’ll be interested to see if Bumphus makes a switch too...he’s another one who’s ceiling is much, much higher on defense IMO

Thank goodness! Wasted at wr, go shut down your side Byrd, D really will be better, martin was terrible at cb

When Pruitt is done with Kirkland in the spring, he will be an elite linebacker, getting his strength back from injury.

When Pruitt is done with Kirkland in the spring, he will be an elite linebacker, getting his strength back from injury.
Sure hope so. Kirkland's injuries have cost the Vol defense & his own career. Getting Tyler Byrd on defense is a great move...long overdue.:rock:

Sure hope so. Kirkland's injuries have cost the Vol defense & his own career. Getting Tyler Byrd on defense is a great move...long overdue.:rock:
I think you’re going to see these guys utilized in ways that we aren’t use to anymore, causing a tougher defense. Our defense could be a lot stronger this year than anticipated.:hi:

Thank goodness! Wasted at wr, go shut down your side Byrd, D really will be better, martin was terrible at cb

This is kinda dejavu; Volnation was touting Martin when picked up from Northeast Oklahoma his sophomore year as a long with size, athletic fast hard hitting absolute shutdown corner until he wasn't.

Butch isn’t gonna like this!😜

SIGH!!!! Butch is GONE. GoNE. GonE. Gone.

♪♪♪♪ Gone. He's; ♪♪♪♪
♪♪♪♪ Gone. He's; ♪♪♪♪
♪♪♪♪ Gone. He's really; ♪♪♪♪
♪♪♪♪ Gone. So; ♪♪♪♪
♫♪♫♫ Please. Volnation one and all; ♫♪♫♫
♫♪♫♫ Just Pruitt him away. ♫♪♫♫♫♪♫♫♫♪♫♫

VN Store

Back