I had a dark thought this morning

Unconditional Surrender

Somebody talk me out of it.

If Pruitt is full time these last three weeks and working on making connections with the team, we don't lose all these underclassmen to the NFL draft.

Doubtful. New coach, new system, uncertain season to come. Some of these kids are likely being told, right or wrong, to take their chances now.

Reactions: 10 people
really doesn't matter. it is what it is. he should have stayed at bama and coached thru the playoffs and he did. always some leaving when a new sheriff arrives.

Reactions: 14 people
every team deals with underclassmen leaving for the draft, if you dont, then that means your recruiting sucks.

Besides, other than Gaulden, the others have capable backups to replace.

Reactions: 8 people
I don’t think it would have changed much. Kelly probably isn’t all that excited about school work, Gaulden is pretty close to graduation I’d expect and Macs connections to NFL probably makes it easy for him to move on. Let it ride.

Reactions: 2 people
JK and Gualden are quality players that have a chance to get on an NFL roster.

KMac hasn't done much at UT and I think he feels like if he's going to make the effort to be a top player he might as well get paid to do it.

I don't think Pruitt being here or not would have changed any of their decisions.

Reactions: 5 people

If Pruitt is full time these last three weeks and working on making connections with the team, we don't lose all these underclassmen to the NFL draft.

Ever since Barry Sanders successfully lobbied for NFL draft entry eligibility, kids have made these decisions...rightly and wrongly. They declare while preparing for bowl games with their coaches readily available for input. They declare like our kids...off campus with their families. Majors saw Carl Pickens every day...he declared. Fulmer saw Heath Shuler and Donta Stallworth every day... they declared. All that before EVERYBODY had a cellphone. These kids weren’t looking to come back for one final season with a new coach uncertain of their fit in new schemes...plain and simple.

Reactions: 7 people
Do you want a coach who finishes their commitment first? It is respectable. Besides, Fulmer has been busting his arse trying to keep the class together. Regardless of what you think of Fulmer as a coach that guy can sell ice to an Eskimo. I think what we are seeing is normal for a coaching transition.

Reactions: 11 people

Them guys were leaving regardless of CJP being here or not.
Kelly is REALLY good friends with Kamara and has been given decent advice that he will do okay by getting paid.
McKenzie was leaving no matter who the coach was...he was never going to be a 4 year guy.
Gaulden - I just don't think Gaulden was ever going to fit into Pruitt's / Sherrer's system, so he might as well move on and try to get paid.

Reactions: 1 person
the thought that's been in my head, has he been pushing those certain ones to go on because he don't think they will work here?

or, you could find it a bit interesting that none of these guys waited to sit down with CJP to find out what plans he had for them, how they fit, and ultimately, what he thinks in general about the decision.

in other words, it goes both ways.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 3 people

It could also be that he talked with players and established what he expects from his team. Some of these players may have decided they don't want to put in the required level of work.

I bet he didn't even bother to find out if they were considering it. He probably found out on Twitter or something.

I bet your right! I bet he wanted his best players to leave the team!

He's just a Bamer trying to finish off our program!

Reactions: 6 people
every team deals with underclassmen leaving for the draft, if you dont, then that means your recruiting sucks.

Besides, other than Gaulden, the others have capable backups to replace.

Gaulden said what made his decision tougher was due to having an opportunity to play for CJP and new staff.

Reactions: 4 people
or, you could find it a bit interesting that none of these guys waited to sit down with CJP to find out what plans he had for them, how they fit, and ultimately, what he thinks in general about the decision.

in other words, it goes both ways.:thumbsup:

No Jake, the OP would rather open another useless post about what ifs and them make a decision based on his ire at CJP. It's easier that way.

Go get you some Airheads like Alvin Kamara... you be aight. 😉

Reactions: 1 person
It's not so much about who leaves early this year but what matters is next year.

I expect next year's Jrs will ball out and all go pro after our NC.

VN Store

Back