So do you feel more or less confident of our new HC after Bama's win?

Do you feel more, less, or the same confidence of our new HC after Bama's win?

• Total voters
The 50 second last regulation possession for Georgia would have made us build statue for Butch a few years ago. We lost a lot of games because we couldn't get the opponent off the field.

5 Georgia punts in the second half. Pretty good.

Reactions: 16 people
More confident but the Negavols cannot expect Rome to be built in one season. I feel we have a no nonsense HC who given time to establish his team with great recruiting classes will get the Vols playing competitive championship football.

Reactions: 9 people
More confident but the Negavols cannot expect Rome to be built in one season. I feel we have a no nonsense HC who given time to establish his team with great recruiting classes will get the Vols playing competitive championship football.

I want improvement in year 1. I don’t expect miracles

Reactions: 6 people
Adjustments, adjustments, adjustments. Night and day between first and second half D. Been so long since I’ve seen meaningful halftime adjustments made here I almost forgot you were allowed to do so. VERY excited about that.

Reactions: 28 people
I checked our record after the game, we are still 4-8. Everybody was saying alabama winning helped us....it didnt.

Reactions: 6 people
For those who answered more confident, I am curious as to why? Did you watch this game and think CJP will be able to duplicate that here?

Reactions: 2 people
I checked our record after the game, we are still 4-8. Everybody was saying alabama winning helped us....it didnt.

This was a NO win situation for us. We likely have zero chance for getting Walker now. This game was the absolute worst scenario for us imo.

1st half Bama played undiscipliined and like they expected UGa to roll over and quit and Hurts played poorly.

2nd half Pruitt made several adjustments all throughout the rest of the game and the D players were much more focused and disciplined.

I hate nick saTan but I give credit where it's earned and saTan earned it but having the guts to take Hurts out and put the true freshman QB in and to stick with him.

He knew that the true freshman QB was the much better passer and that a good passing game was the only way that Bama could come back and have a chance to Win it.

That was a monster decision to make and he already knew that Pruitt was on top of everything for the D so he could focus more on the O side of the ball.

Great game but I was really surprised that Bama came out so flat in the 1st half but credit to Ga for playing well too.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people
What happened at Alabama has no bearing on what will happen at Tennessee. Folks thought based on past experience that Shoop was going to uplift Tennessee's defense. It didn't happen.

For those who answered more confident, I am curious as to why? Did you watch this game and think CJP will be able to duplicate that here?

It’s more about mentality. Bama attacked all game. Never let up the pressure. That’s something Pruitt can do at UT immediately. But he’s been doing that his whole career so the correct answer probably still should be unchanged.

VN Store

Back