What kind of defense will Pruitt throw at Georgia?

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
What can we expect? A 3-4, or a 4-3? Will he stack the line to make Georgia pass? If it is 3rd and long, will he blitz, or lay off? 3rd and short, what??:hi:

He has to be thinking stop the run first by stacking the box.

And I bet he has a plan if that doesn’t work out. Then another.

I think you come into it with a game plan, but the best coaches make preparatory circumstantial plans and can adjust on the fly, unlike some coaches we are too familiar with. He has a plan if bama is up 14, a plan if they are down 14, etc and on and on.

Load the box with 7 or 8 to stop the run and make fromm beat him

Not sure he will load the box righ away. He will run his base and see if UGA can take advantage. If the do, you're right. He has to stop the run. He does that and Bama wins by at least 14.

Pruitt will want to take away UGA's strength, which are the RBs particularly running the ball, but also in the short passing game. Saban and Pruitt will key on those RBs. They will crowd the line and count on the CBs to do their jobs. Pruitt will be mindful of the TE(s) as well.

Defense solid but, Bama offense not. If Bama can't get an offensive drive with points soon, their defense is gonna run out of gas no matter how good the coach is. A lot of sweating. Must be hot in the closed stadium with all those fans.

Defense solid but, Bama offense not. If Bama can't get an offensive drive with points soon, their defense is gonna run out of gas no matter how good the coach is. A lot of sweating. Must be hot in the closed stadium with all those fans.

Sounds familiar with Butch’s team.

Offense is crap and the defense is constantly on the field.

Horrible times.

Glad Pruitt stayed to help Bama seeing it would take UGA having negative points for Bama to win.

What can we expect? A 3-4, or a 4-3? Will he stack the line to make Georgia pass? If it is 3rd and long, will he blitz, or lay off? 3rd and short, what??:hi:

What kind? Based on the 1st half, not as effective as Georgia's.

Last edited:
I'm watching ESPN Classic. NO commentary, just sounds of the game. Ga looks superior at this point leading 13-0.

Fowler and Herbstreit MF the SEC all year and they can't slurp hard enough tonight. It's nearly impossible to watch.

Edit:. Didn't proof original.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Keeping bama defense off balance.

I don't know why bama didn't call To once Hardman got at qb. They had 3 left. I guess nick turns them in for new MB dealerships

A single mention by Fowler about CJP being the new coach at UT in a passing comment. That’s it. Talking more about Chaney / Fromm.

VN Store

Back