Kahlil declares for draft

Big time loss. He's the only true nose tackle we have.

With that said, he'll get drafted higher than most think. He was great this past season.

Solid NFL starter.

Reactions: 4 people
Per his Instagram post.

Big loss?

I know several will bang on him but he played decent in spots. Idk that he was ever healthy with a good player beside him.

I don't think we'll miss him terribly cause we've sucked in the inside but I think we never saw him at his best.

Reactions: 12 people
Big time loss. He's the only true nose tackle we have.

With that said, he'll get drafted higher than most think. He was great this past season.

Solid NFL starter.
He was really good for a stretch. I honestly don't see him getting drafted high but I do think he'll be good in the league if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: 2 people
This one is a surprise...to me

With his father being who he is, you would think he wouldn't be in such a hurry to get to the league.

But I guess he got some good info on his draft stock and decided to make the jump.

Can't blame him. I don't see much better than 7-5 next season. He probably wouldn't have improved his stock that much.

Reactions: 1 person
Good luck. Never panned out

Never panned out? He was great this past year and good the year before when he was healthy.

He's just a DT that takes on double teams and stands his ground. He's not a penetrating DT that gets sacks and TFLs. To see KMac's effectiveness you actually have to watch him play. You'll never know how good he played by looking at the stat sheet.

Kahlil was really good this past season. He was our 3rd or 4th best defensive player IMO after Nigel Warrior, Rashaan Gaulden, and Daniel Bituli.

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee was dead last in the SEC defensively in yards per rushing attempt at 5.43.

You don't finish dead last in rushing yards per attempt with a nose tackle who is getting it done.

No, it's not a big loss.

Reactions: 40 people
Never panned out? He was great this past year and good the year before when he was healthy.

He's just a DT that takes on double teams and stands his ground. He's not a penetrating DT that gets sacks and TFLs. To see KMac's effectiveness you actually have to watch him play. You'll never know how good he played by looking at the stat sheet.

Kahlil was really good this past season. He was our 3rd or 4th best defensive player IMO after Nigel Warrior, Rashaan Gaulden, and Daniel Bituli.

He got pushed around a lot!

36 tackles and 1 sack for his career.... he'll need Dad's help to get drafted.

1-techniques don't get judged by sacks or tackles. They take on double teams and plug up gaps in the running game. Kahlil did that very well. Even if his father wasn't a GM, he would get drafted.

I think you guys will be surprised by how high his stock is with NFL people.

I focused on watching Kahlil a lot these last 2 years and he's been really good as a 1-technique. He never gets moved back. Does a great job taking on double teams. And plugged his holes very well.

KMac was a lot better than you guys give him credit for.

Reactions: 6 people
Wow, that's wild. How does that work when your dad is a GM? Family holidays could get a little awkward unless the Raiders have a low round pick to burn cause I don't see him going in the first three haha

VN Store

Back