The o-line next season

VolsLady-in-FL

Do we have any new recruits for it? (Hopefully some good ones?) If not who will be playing next season? Injuries and talent wise I'm really curious.

Do we have any new recruits for it? (Hopefully some good ones?) If not who will be playing next season? Injuries and talent wise I'm really curious.

Our starting five may not be too bad, if they can stay healthy. Depth is a big issue. We'll have Trey Smith, Drew Richmond, Ryan Johnson, Chance Hall, Marcus Tatum, K'Rojhn Calbert, Riley Locklear, and Devante Brooks from last year.

We're bringing in Jahmir Johnson from the Juco ranks, and will probably bring in at least one more Juco lineman on NSD. They should theoretically be ready to go by next season, but you never know what you're getting with Juco players.

We've signed three from the high school ranks: Jerome Carvin, Ollie Lane, and Tanner Antonutti. If Antonutti's listed weight is accurate (260), he's probably headed for a redshirt year. Carvin is probably the most game-ready of the three.

Reactions: 7 people
Our starting five may not be too bad, if they can stay healthy. Depth is a big issue. We'll have Trey Smith, Drew Richmond, Ryan Johnson, Chance Hall, Marcus Tatum, K'Rojhn Calbert, Riley Locklear, and Devante Brooks from last year.

We're bringing in Jahmir Johnson from the Juco ranks, and will probably bring in at least one more Juco lineman on NSD. They should theoretically be ready to go by next season, but you never know what you're getting with Juco players.

We've signed three from the high school ranks: Jerome Carvin, Ollie Lane, and Tanner Antonutti. If Antonutti's listed weight is accurate (260), he's probably headed for a redshirt year. Carvin is probably the most game-ready of the three.

Did you see Brooks Play?

Reactions: 3 people
Did you see Brooks Play?

Yes, he's a converted tight end, and it wasn't pretty. I'm saying we should find a decent starting five from our returnees and jucos, though we won't have much room for error/injury.

Is Boulware gone for good? Too bad, he would have had a huge opportunity next season.

We have recruited some, but, none have played at a D! level, and, There still is no depth.. If Hall comes back healthy, Vols can be ok on the right with him and Smith, but there has been talk that Hall may not be healthy, and still may require surgery. The OLine wont get fixed anytime soon unless 3 players become beasts and so far none have roared. I'm not feeling good about Tenn on either side of the line on O or D, particularly as far a depth.. None there so far.

I just hope that this staff figures out who should play where on the O-Line quickly and keeps it that way for the season. No more playing at RG one week, then Center the next, then RT the next week. Figure out who plays best where and stick with it.

Reactions: 6 people
I just hope that this staff figures out who should play where on the O-Line quickly and keeps it that way for the season. No more playing at RG one week, then Center the next, then RT the next week. Figure out who plays best where and stick with it.

With the lack of depth we'll likely have this year, they better have multiple guys who can play multiple positions.

Reactions: 2 people
Get some JuCo players to plug the holes, start recruiting heavily for next year, and take care of business.
The SEC waits for no one.

Idk if they can savage this line. No depth at all. I'm not convinced Locklear is ready either at center

Gripe about that all you want, but when another one goes out with injury every week, you can't just stick with anything. Most ignorant assed comment I have heard all year. Congratulations.

Idk if they can savage this line. No depth at all. I'm not convinced Locklear is ready either at center

Give Friend and the new S&C coach a chance. And don't be shocked if a D-Line guy or two from last year flip to offense.

Coach P and staff will figure it out...they know a little about football...and,

GO VOLS!

With us losing 6th and 7th round draft picks and Kelley a 7th or FA, 2018 will be a long year a lot like Jones first year but with a better coaching staff, maybe we can somehow get to 6 wins and play well in the others where we can have a great recruiting class in 19, this team is thin and have lost 3 of our top players for the 18 team, we can't keep losing players to they draft thats not ready, all 3 could improved there draft stock with good coaching the only one that got any coaching was Kelley.:thud:

And I've never heard Richmond described as "nasty".

Agree. More like "soft" in the play I've seen out of him. Certainly an under achiever to his lofty rankings coming out of HS. I thought all last year he was NOT a left tackle so I think he is a big question going into next year.

VN Store

Back