New start

volnpowell

Many of you know I have had a hard time with so many Alabama natives on this staff, because I hate Alabama more than any other team.

However, if he is willing to "sell out" to take job (even though yes it is a promotion), I will let it go and just hope he succeeds. I never rooted for him or anyone else to fail btw, it's just I felt like we sold out by asking them (Alabama) for help. I did not care if not from Tennessee, just not born and raised Alabama coach.

Anyways, just wanted to put it out there that I am trying to get back to being positive, and not focus on negative.

I will always hate Alabama, but like I said, I will get behind him and staff and cheer on the VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Well, isn’t that mighty swell of you to “let it go”. Lol. Get over yourself dude.

We got a helluva football coach and what looks to be a very good staff. I don’t care where they came from, I think they can turn what is currently a crap program into a winning one and that’s all I care about.

Reactions: 28 people
Many of you know I have had a hard time with so many Alabama natives on this staff, because I hate Alabama more than any other team.

However, if he is willing to "sell out" to take job (even though yes it is a promotion), I will let it go and just hope he succeeds. I never rooted for him or anyone else to fail btw, it's just I felt like we sold out by asking them (Alabama) for help. I did not care if not from Tennessee, just not born and raised Alabama coach.

Anyways, just wanted to put it out there that I am trying to get back to being positive, and not focus on negative.

I will always hate Alabama, but like I said, I will get behind him and staff and cheer on the VOLS!!!

Glad you got that off your chest.....now cheer on Coach Pruitt and staff in reeling in a good recruiting class!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Botch Jones went 0 fer SEC in his fifth and final year at UT.
Jeremy Pruitt will do better than that in his First year as a rookie head coach.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't particularly like the idea of having a Bama guy, either. A lot of us probably don't.

I could feel better about it if I could think of him as more of a Saban guy than a Bama guy. Unfortunately, he is a Bama guy through-and-through. And if he has the kind of success here that we all hope for, he will probably go running back home if they ever decide to come calling.

Having said all that, he's a professional coach and I believe he will do his best to win every game for as long as he's here.

Reactions: 1 person
I have an unhealthy hatred for Alabama as well but if somebody is wearing orange I’ll back them

Pruitt took the Tennessee job because he knows HC jobs are few and far between at the big logo schools.Probably wasn't gonna be a possibility at bummer ga., or the other conference blue bloods. This is his opportunity to make it big. All assistants want to be HC at some point in their careers. Two cents.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Pruitt was on anybody's top ten list at the start of the coaching search but all we can do now is hope for the best. The Bama / Satan connection is sickening; but if it works out, maybe Bama and Satan will end up hating Pruitt.

giphy.gif

Big difference between hating a program and hating a person. Welcome aboard Coach Pruitt and Go Big Orange!!!!

Yes it is. It shows how desperate our program has become. Think about it - lots of UT fans are cheering for the Turd because our current head coach is oddly coaching them in the game, and we are desperate to somehow look good any way we can. So yeah - this is definitely thread worthy. Back in the day, Vol fans wouldn't have pissed on a Bammer if he was on fire, let alone hire him as a HC.

Back in the day Bill Battle was UT's head coach. Later went back as Al's AD (after a very successful business career). Bammer thru and thru, but a really good man and far from the worst coach we've had.As for not pissin' on one, at Coach Bryant's last visit Vol fans (cheerleaders, band members,ushers, and security folks) were trying their hardest to get a selfie with The Bear before the game.

Back in the day Bill Battle was UT's head coach. Later went back as Al's AD (after a very successful business career). Bammer thru and thru, but a really good man and far from the worst coach we've had.As for not pissin' on one, at Coach Bryant's last visit Vol fans (cheerleaders, band members,ushers, and security folks) were trying their hardest to get a selfie with The Bear before the game.

Yeah......no. They may have been trying to get a picture taken with him but it wasn't a selfie. About 20 years to early for that.

Last edited:
I have an unhealthy hatred for Alabama as well but if somebody is wearing orange I’ll back them

It would be ironic if a bama guy pulled us out of the ditch.

Stranger things have happened and maybe he will realize while he is here something we all know to be true.

Tennessee is a heck of better place than bama.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think Pruitt was on anybody's top ten list at the start of the coaching search but all we can do now is hope for the best. The Bama / Satan connection is sickening; but if it works out, maybe Bama and Satan will end up hating Pruitt.

Maybe not this year but your crazy if you think he wouldn’t have been on the radar in another year or two. He’s done well everywhere he’s been and has learned from the best out there. We may have taken him a year early but I like the hire.

I don't look at it as asking them for help. We hired away an integral member of their coaching staff and I hope that it is detrimental for them and beneficial for us.

And besides, they enjoyed many years of success under Coach Bryant with a Tennessee man, Coach Ken Donahue, as their DC. So we owe them nothing.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought Dooley's first staff's really good, but his window dressing mentality caused things to deteriorate. Butch was up on Oklahoma and had a string of 4th quarter collapses, then turned to gimmicks. Not sure he always had the best players on the field.

Pruitt's dad was a head coach. He'll be fine. He should have been 1st on a lot of people's list, but people aren't that smart.

Just keep reminding yourself that Cutcliffe was born and raised in Bama, and worked there until coming to Tennessee.

And Dickey was a Florida guy, who pulled us out of a small ditch a time or two.

Reactions: 2 people
People are delusional thinking that coaches (a profession) are fans. A good coach, and I honestly think CJP is, doesn't have loyalty except to the players. This was one of CJP's strong interview points and Fulmer was impressed. If you were around long enough, you'd have seen the chemistry between Bill Battle (Bama guy) and Condredge Holloway. Also, Battle beat Bear. Battle eventually got run out, but it wasn't because Bear sent him subliminal messages to sabotage the program.

Relax about the Bama thing. We'll be just fine.

Pruitt May not have been anyone in the SEC's top choice, but if you don't think he was in anyone's top 10 you are wrong. His resume is not too shabby if you ask me. Much rather have him than someone that just got fired by someone else.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back