Third down let’s go!

rkanderson

Can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me if Coach Pruitt will do away with the third down nonsense? If you like that crap then more power to you,but I think it and the other piped in too loud music sucks. Bash away.:salute:

Reactions: 22 people
Pruitt will do away with anything that Butch Jones did. The only thing that's safe is the VFL. I think Dooley started the VFL.

Reactions: 9 people
Can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me if Coach Pruitt will do away with the third down nonsense? If you like that crap then more power to you,but I think it and the other piped in too loud music sucks. Bash away.:salute:

I would put it up to the players, if they want something to help hype them then we can just deal with it.

Reactions: 5 people
I would put it up to the players, if they want something to help hype them then we can just deal with it.

Well I will say that Third Down For What was acceptable,but that like anything else gets old after a while. But last years thing was embarrassing.

Reactions: 7 people
Stick it in that stupid trash can. Hopefully we want have these qimmicks like the turnover chain at Miami.

Reactions: 6 people

Gonna replace it with Sweet Home Alabama.

Well I will say that Third Down For What was acceptable,but that like anything else gets old after a while. But last years thing was embarrassing.

Ill admit it was cringe-worthy, but i would assume the players if given the chance would change it. I dont think many people with functioning eardrums enjoyed that song.

Reactions: 1 person
It will be replaced by:

"3rd Down A I G H T!!!!"

1794091892988823792.jpg

Last edited:
Stick it in that stupid trash can. Hopefully we want have these qimmicks like the turnover chain at Miami.

Yeah but we're old (not you specifically, meaning 'we' as fans). Those things aren't done for us. It's for the players and the recruits visiting. We want to look modern for their sake.

Reactions: 2 people

You mean like the title belt bama has or like the spiked shoulder pads UGA has? Reality is most teams have those things, because the players like it. They take pride in winning those rewards.

Reactions: 2 people
Are we still in the running for Warren G's son?

If so, I'm down for a very loud and simple "REGULATORS! Mount Up!"

Reactions: 8 people
I don't think we do enough piped in noise. I think we should add bagpipes, jet engines, and dolphin noises just for good measure.

You got my attention with the dolphin talking thingy. Instead of more cow bell, more dolphin squawks!!

No for two reasons. #1 young people (players) like it. #2 every other team on the planet does it too. Can we get a better song selection? Absolutely, but it's not going anywhere.

It seems many fans are waiting for the "Third down song." to start before they get loud on third downs.

The problem I have with that is, we should all be going bananas starting on 1st down and then a "Third down song." becomes unnecessary.

Go Vols!

Get loud!

Reactions: 1 person

Song is complete garbage & no one liked it but the DJ. $hit was lame as ****

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back