WR Candidates???

Dougie_D

This is all speculation BUT, since we just hired a guy from NFL, I am starting to believe that our WR coach is in the NFL ranks.

Who are my picks??

1. Karl Dorrell (WR -Jets ) --- currently lives in Nashville and has stints with college everywhere

2. Mike Groh (WR - Eagles) --- Bama connection and Philly is cold

3. Tyke Tolbert (WR - Broncos) --- Peyton could sway him to coach here

4. Lance Taylor (WR - Panthers) --- Not meant for NFL IMO and has a Bama connection

This is all speculation BUT, since we just hired a guy from NFL, I am starting to believe that our WR coach is in the NFL ranks.

Who are my picks??

1. Karl Dorrell (WR -Jets ) --- currently lives in Nashville and has stints with college everywhere

4. Lance Taylor (WR - Panthers) --- Not meant for NFL IMO and has a Bama connection

Lawrence Dawsey imo

Joe Osavet from ASA College apparently already interviewed with Fulmer and it went well.

Derek Dooley

;)

lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: 13 people

Who are my picks??

Derek Mason the former Titans WR & radio show football host,who’s coaching HS in Nashville, was inferred...but he’s had alledged domestic assault charges, so that’s probably a risky move.

Case moves forward against Derrick Mason former Titans and Ravens player

Again, why didn't Jimbo take him with him or Taggart keep him? He's been available for a good while now. Still no job. Why?

Taggart is trying to keep him. But with any regime changes you have to see if they are a good fit for you.

If it is a NFL'er, lets hope (if he is retiring as has been said) its Jason Whitten. I know he has not coached (as such) but I would bet he has the ability to teach. He should know (has to with his ability to get open nearly anytime) how to identify what a defense is trying to do and how to combat it. He has played with and watched a whole lot of great players and he too, is among the best. I think I would jump at trying to hire him.

Reactions: 2 people
Jason Witten mentioned an interest in coaching. He would be great with ALL receivers. At some point, UT needs to return to UT roots.

Jason Witten mentioned an interest in coaching. He would be great with ALL receivers. At some point, UT needs to return to UT roots.

Agree, same goes for people in admin. positions also. Everyone must be on board for the AD to be successful, this has been proven by the programs that are consistently in the CFBP. It's part of the formula for success.

There are so many factors that go into this hire? Obviously, being able to develop WRs is critical. Recruiting and what region is also a big factor. How the coach's personality meshes with the other members of the staff is critical. Can the coach develop game plans? What other roles can the coach assume? Does this coach bring a strong suit that may be missing in the staff? That's the reason this hire will take a little longer IMO. The staff is like a big puzzle where all the pieces need to fit seamlessly.

So we've moved from Grumors to Wittmors. I think he also said he wanted to Play a few more years in the NFL before moving into coaching.

Sorry but I don't want someone coaching here just because he played at Tennessee.

I want the best coaches regardless of where they played their college ball.

Reactions: 5 people
It's probably going to be a WR/Recruiting Coordinator position. It's gonna be someone familiar with recruiting and our area. I don't think it's gonna be NFL player turned coach.

I can't believe I missed this guy!

KEVIN GARVER --- asst. WR coach for Arizona Cardinals (might be looking for job) and he worked with Pruitt at Alabama.

He's a perfect fit IMO.

Agree, same goes for people in admin. positions also. Everyone must be on board for the AD to be successful, this has been proven by the programs that are consistently in the CFBP. It's part of the formula for success.

First thing needed: get rid of all Haslams
Second thing: see first thing

VN Store

Back