Has Schiano Been a Contender for ANY Vacancy, Other Than UT?

TommyOler

I haven't seen any media reports of other schools considering Schiano for their vacant HC position. Have I missed something?

The way the media and others in the coaching profession trashed our fans for rejecting such a "respected," elite ball coach... I figured someone would've scooped that boy up, by now.

(However... I saw where Ohio State poached Wash St DC to be their co-DC. Maybe Schiano doesn't have the juice to handle DC duties solo?)

Wonder how many assistant head coaches he would have needed, if UT had followed through & given the boy the big job?

Reactions: 14 people
I haven't seen any media reports of other schools considering Schiano for their vacant HC position. Have I missed something?

The way the media and others in the coaching profession trashed our fans for rejecting such a "respected," elite ball coach... I figured someone would've scooped that boy up, by now.

(However... I saw where Ohio State poached Wash St DC to be their co-DC. Maybe Schiano doesn't have the juice to handle DC duties solo?)

Wonder how many assistant head coaches he would have needed, if UT had followed through & given the boy the big job?

I wondered why, if he's soooooo goooood, Ohio St needed another DC? Media and Herbstreit should be questioning this move by Urban, imo.

Reactions: 11 people
Schiat-no.

DQtZuUHV4AAHyMs

Last edited:
Reactions: 44 people
Vol fans rightfully rebelled when this loser was rumored to be headed to Knoxville. The fact that he has not even gotten a sniff from any other team is truly telling. Furthermore, the fact he will be sharing the co-DC duties just further justifies the reaction of the fans over a month ago.

Reactions: 20 people
We dodged a bullet on that one. Haslam is the dumbest man when it comes to football I have ever seen.

Reactions: 21 people

It's the giant question that needs to be asked to Kirk Herbstreet in front of a nationally televised audience. I would love to hear his thoughts. After all they are far superior to anyone in this fanbase.

Reactions: 6 people
our fanbase took a beating over this too. unjustified. thanks a lot Currie. Herbie-get a clue.

Reactions: 7 people
Vol fans rightfully rebelled when this loser was rumored to be headed to Knoxville. The fact that he has not even gotten a sniff from any other team is truly telling. Furthermore, the fact he will be sharing the co-DC duties just further justifies the reaction of the fans over a month ago.

I wouldn't automatically say being a co-DC is a strike against someone. Plenty of teams have co-DCs or co-OCs responsible for different things.

It's more the fact that Ohio State brought in a very experienced and successful co-DC that is telling. Most of the time when you see co-DC or co-OC type roles, it's because a team is trying to keep a top-tier position coach, so they add a new title, and give him some more responsibilities to prepare him for that future role. This clearly isn't the case here. Alex Grinch is a guy who already has an established track record as DC and who is generally viewed as better than Schiano.

This is quite a weird situation overall.

Reactions: 3 people
I wondered why, if he's soooooo goooood, Ohio St needed another DC? Media and Herbstreit should be questioning this move by Urban, imo.

I think we're preaching out of the same Book, cause I've been wondering the same thing, brother. ~><>

Reactions: 4 people
There's been more posts on here last few days about Butch, Currie and Schiano than about Pruitt. Maybe that will change come Tuesday morning.

Reactions: 3 people
He’s holding out for the Patriot’s HC job since Belichick is going to be walking away from it.

Reactions: 2 people
I want to hear from the ESPN fanboy and I also want to know why Cleveland HAslam won't hand him the keys to the Browns franchise since they need it and he's so fantastic.

Reactions: 2 people
Schiano can’t get an HC job right now, or until a University does extensive legal due diligence on potential repercussions that might come forward, based on the deposition and sworn testimony in question being made public.

It’s a sad situation all the way around.

Last edited:
He’s holding out for the Patriot’s HC job since Belichick is going to be walking away from it.

While at lunch today, a guy at the next table was talking about Belichick leaving NE and the NY Giants handing him a "blank check." I don't know if true or not as I'm not a NFL guy.

Reactions: 1 person

We were about to be subjected to several more years of failure due to a Good Ol' Boy Network sweetheart deal between two old pals, Currie and Schiano, but Tennessee fans put an end to all that mess.

As for the media; I have never known them to let an opportunity to bash the University of Tennessee and its fanbase go to waste.

As for the others in the coaching profession who were defending Schiano, they would like us to continue to wallow in ineptitude. No one wants to have to contend with the sleeping giant that is about to be awakened here.

Fools and enemies, the lot of them.

Reactions: 10 people
Was Pruitt a real contender for any other vacancy?

I know Mississippi state wanted him and I heard he was on the short list for Florida State if Taggart has turned them down.

The FSU stuff is mostly hearsay from some fans in my family but they do admit to wanting Pruitt. But I know the Mississippi stuff is real. Fans were so desperate for Pruitt they stalked a different Pruitt on Twitter.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back