Everybody chant SEC SEC SEC SEC

TNnative

Well known pain in the azz
OK, I am not a SEC homer, but after the way most of the rest of the bowl teams laid an egg this year ( and how delighted some on TV seemed about it), you could hear the tension in the voices of the anti-SEC announcers as it became clear none of the teams outside the SEC would survive the Rose and Sugar Bowls.

So, while I would not echo that chant in a bar full of SEC fans, the minute fans of the other 4 power conferences walk in popping their bills, what the Hell? I hated watching Georgia win, BUT I loved watching Oklahoma and Baker Mayfield lose.

Reactions: 20 people
Remind me of why I should be happy two of our rivals are playing for the NC?

Reactions: 41 people
Remind me of why I should be happy two of our rivals are playing for the NC?

OK, how about our new head coach is on one side and our new DC is on the other? If both do well, it help open the doors to a few more recruits. Good enough, Francis?

Reactions: 27 people
OK, how about our new head coach is on one side and our new DC is on the other? If both do well, it help open the doors to a few more recruits. Good enough, Francis?

It's more of an embarrassment than anything so no.

**** them both until they have us winning like that.

Reactions: 6 people
I rooted against every single SEC school that played in a bowl game. I hate em all. SEC teams winning does nothing to help the Vols.

Reactions: 22 people
Damn yall some stubborn, petty children. Here's a scenario: if the league is strong from top to bottom and the top of the league is beating everyone from the top of other conferences, then when ut gets rolling we will be in playoff no problem instead of being in, say the big 10 this year where their conference champ didn't even get invited to the playoff. Gotta beat the best to be the best. UTs rivals having success means the respect will be there when another (Vols) sec team goes to the top of the conference. I really don't understand how this flies over all yalls heads..

Reactions: 25 people
Alabama fans were chanting it at the game last night

They're the ones carrying the conf and are allowed. There's no conf pride when you go 4-8 and your biggest rival are winning titles. Makes us even more behind

Damn yall some stubborn, petty children. Here's a scenario: if the league is strong from top to bottom and the top of the league is beating everyone from the top of other conferences, then when ut gets rolling we will be in playoff no problem instead of being in, say the big 10 this year where their conference champ didn't even get invited to the playoff. Gotta beat the best to be the best. UTs rivals having success means the respect will be there when another (Vols) sec team goes to the top of the conference. I really don't understand how this flies over all yalls heads..

UT getting into the playoff gets harder every time GA or Alabama signs a 5 star recruit.

It's really not that difficult.

I handed out a bunch of likes in this thread, your welcome. Just one team in the SEC I care about , screw the rest :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Oklahoma would have have been the only reasonably good outcome for a TN fan. I am really upset with Oklahoma's offensive coordinator. He blew that game with 4 minutes left when he went TN type conservative and played scared and not to lose.

Reactions: 2 people
UT getting into the playoff gets harder every time GA or Alabama signs a 5 star recruit.

It's really not that difficult.

Ahh so you're one of those "I wanna water down the competition so beating them becomes easier" kinda people. Don't be so afraid of a challenge chicken little. I'm positive pruitt ain't scared of a good challenge. Tell you what, your little scared defeatist attitude isn't the mindset it takes to continually get better and compete with the best and eventually beat the best.

Reactions: 14 people
They're the ones carrying the conf and are allowed. There's no conf pride when you go 4-8 and your biggest rival are winning titles. Makes us even more behind

Ok, it's something just first place and last place teams do.

Enough with this SEC fanboy crap.

We’re all UT fans here who should always hate UGA & Bama.

I don't know why people get so worked up over who other people cheer for. Who cares? If you have more fun cheering for SEC teams to win than lose, then have a ball.

VN Store

Back