Pruitt was worried about the Vols in Alabama on Wednesday! Pacing one on the phone.

He should not have agreed to keep coaching bama. It's a shame we allowed him to do so.

It was probably a stipulation for him to take the job. It also might help us for the second recruiting period because the commentators will bring up him coming to UT.

Reactions: 16 people
Just doesn't sit right with me. Cutcliff left us before the Fiesta National Championship game to be Ole Miss head coach. Is this a sign of his true loyalty? I should hope not for the amount of money we are paying him. I don't think it's a good thing for TN head coach to continue coaching our number 1 most hated rival. Especially with early signing period going on. Did it affect our results of the early signing? Who knows.

Reactions: 8 people
Just doesn't sit right with me. Cutcliff left us before the Fiesta National Championship game to be Ole Miss head coach. Is this a sign of his true loyalty? I should hope not for the amount of money we are paying him. I don't think it's a good thing for TN head coach to continue coaching our number 1 most hated rival. Especially with early signing period going on. Did it affect our results of the early signing? Who knows.

One big difference there is that Ole Miss was still practicing and preparing for a bowl game. I would like to think that if that was the case for us, Pruitt would be in Knoxville right now. Early signing period went as well as could have been expected.

Reactions: 13 people
He should not have agreed to keep coaching bama. It's a shame we allowed him to do so.

I hate that its AL that he is helping but I love the fact he is wanting to honor the commitment he made to those players. That shows a lot a character to the recruits we hope he can bring in.

Reactions: 35 people

It sits right with Coach Pruitt, and I'm okay with it as well. It's called "honoring your word", which is a trait that seems to be increasingly rare these days.

He made a commitment to his employer, and to his players, that he would see them through this season. I'm certain that Coach Fulmer agreed to it.

He's a man of his word; he's doing great things for UT already; and he's going to be all-in once Bama's season is over. And he absolutely affected the early signing period. We picked up, what...4 or 5 players that made their first visit and then signed the following Wednesday. Mays was never going to come here. Coach Pruitt is recruiting a whole different type of player, and I'm right with that as well.

Coach Pruitt is proving to be a man of integrity. That sits very right with me.

And get ready for some hard-nosed football next season, because that's what he's bringing to the table. About time.

Go Vols.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72 people
He’s worried about Tennessee while working for our rival. How comforting
Yes, it was comforting to know that he was worried about us and the recruiting that day. As he prepares for Clemson and working us. This will only make him a stronger coach for our beloved Vols. I hate Clemson for what they are, so I’m going for Pruitt in the playoffs. :rock:

Reactions: 6 people
it sits right with coach pruitt, and i'm okay with it as well. It's called "honoring your word", which is a trait that seems to be increasingly rare these days.

He made a commitment to his employer, and to his players, that he would see them through this season. I'm certain that coach fulmer agreed to it.

He's a man of his word; he's doing great things for ut already; and he's going to be all-in once bama's season is over. And he absolutely affected the early signing period. We picked up, what...4 or 5 players that made their first visit and then signed the following wednesday. Mays was never going to come here. Coach pruitt is recruiting a whole different type of player, and i'm right with that as well.

Coach pruitt is proving to be a man of integrity. That sits very right with me.

And get ready for some hard-nosed football next season, because that's what he's bringing to the table. About time.

Go vols.

100%

Reactions: 9 people
He’s worried about Tennessee while working for our rival. How comforting

I don't think you guys understand the nature of competition.

I once switched sides between teams during a basketball game in middle school cause the opposing team showed up with fewer than 5 players so they needed someone from our team to volunteer to play for the other side. I volunteered and played hard as hell to beat my original team (which had a couple of my siblings already playing on there as well).

Once it's me vs you, nothing else matters. I'm sure Jeremy Pruitt is doing everything in his power right now to benefit Tennessee. He's a competitor. Those Alabama ties mean nothing to him now. He's just finishing the job he started. And I don't think him coaching Alabama for a few weeks during the dead period affects us too badly. And like Philip Fulmer said, the attention that comes from being in the playoff is well worth it.

Reactions: 21 people

I think it says a lot about him that he is staying. It worked out for Kirby last year. Don't overthink the situation. He made a commitment to coach his team at the beginning of last year and their goal is a National Championship. As long as that goal is attainable then I say good for Pruitt for seeing it through! I think all coaches should stay if your team is in the playoff regardless of what your next job may be. That's the ultimate accomplishment in CFB and to be a part of it is an honor that few teams get to experience. Now if it's any other bowl game which is really just a glorified money grab, then coaches should move on to their next team.

Reactions: 3 people
Gotta remember, Coach Pruitt has been born, bred, raised, and completely immersed in everything that is "Alabama". You could almost see that some of his family were just a tad uncomfortable sitting there watching him talk about UT football. And yet here he is. The obvious question is "why".

My guess would be because he's a winner, and he wants to make his own mark in the football world. Think about it: he could stay at Bama and hope for a shot at the HC job when Saban retires...or he could go to a school that is desperate for a winner, and make his own name, and legacy. He strikes me as the kind of guy who loves a challenge, and Lord knows he's got one here.

He might win, and he might not, but if he does, don't be surprised if he sticks around here long enough to challenge what Coach Fulmer, and maybe even the General did here.

This guy's a warrior, and he's looking for a history book to put his name in. I'm completely fine with him doing it here. Time will tell.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 13 people
Enjoy your time Coach but come Jan 2 or Jan 9 you will have new marching orders !

Attachments

• UT all.jpg
    UT all.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 842
It sits right with Coach Pruitt, and I'm okay with it as well. It's called "honoring your word", which is a trait that seems to be increasingly rare these days.

He made a commitment to his employer, and to his players, that he would see them through this season. I'm certain that Coach Fulmer agreed to it.

He's a man of his word; he's doing great things for UT already; and he's going to be all-in once Bama's season is over. And he absolutely affected the early signing period. We picked up, what...4 or 5 players that made their first visit and then signed the following Wednesday. Mays was never going to come here. Coach Pruitt is recruiting a whole different type of player, and I'm right with that as well.

Coach Pruitt is proving to be a man of integrity. That sits very right with me.

Go Vols.

Well said!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think you guys understand the nature of competition.

I once switched sides between teams during a basketball game in middle school cause the opposing team showed up with fewer than 5 players so they needed someone from our team to volunteer to play for the other side. I volunteered and played hard as hell to beat my original team (which had a couple of my siblings already playing on there as well).

This raises so many interesting questions. What team did you play for? What was the final score? Did you ever rejoin your original team and, if so, did they welcome you back happily? Middle school basketball tell us more...

This raises so many interesting questions. What team did you play for? What was the final score? Did you ever rejoin your original team and, if so, did they welcome you back happily? Middle school basketball tell us more...

Actually, the fact that his team sent him over to play for their opponent should answer any questions you have.

I'm just sayin'...

Go Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
He is setting an example for his players to stick with their commitments, and follow through with their promises. I think he is doing the right thing.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back