Former UT DB Coach Charlton Warren headed to UF

I have a gut feeling that some of the coaches Butch hired were very good. Its just that he was such an idiot and handcuffed them. Watch Warren got to UF and kill it. UF doesnt need anymore help it beating us.

Reactions: 6 people
There was some improvement in technique. I think Warren is a solid coach.

But Moseley and Martin were MAC corners playing on a team that had a horrible time stopping the run or getting to the QB. That's never a recipe for success.

Best of luck to Coach Warren, but hopefully we put a Gator beatdown on them next year.

Reactions: 7 people
Bye! Anyone headed to gatorland has my sympathy.

I have a gut feeling that some of the coaches Butch hired were very good. Its just that he was such an idiot and handcuffed them. Watch Warren got to UF and kill it. UF doesnt need anymore help it beating us.

This is true, but if there's anyone I would want Florida to hire it's someone who proved he at least might have sucked at another SEC East school. So I'm fine with this.

Disagree. Our DBs were out of position all year and lacked closing speed to make up for it. JMHO.

Reactions: 5 people
Meh, all part of the coaching carousel.

Rumph was a very good d-line coach for UF, ends up at UT.

Warren appears to be a good coach as well, ends up at UF.

As long as we don’t go tradin’ Mullen for Pruitt, I’m good.

Reactions: 3 people

Warren is a damn good coach, but he only had one season to get these guys playing better. He actually had them playing with 4 out there better than Martinez did with 5 full time.

Wouldn't have bothered me if Pruitt had retained him, but I am more than happy with Terry Fair.

Reactions: 6 people
Our DBs were horrific last year. They were the softest position by far. And I'm speaking in relative terms! They were soft compared to receivers! Looking like we will dominate the baby lizards for many years to come!

Reactions: 1 person
Our DBs were horrific last year. They were the softest position by far. And I'm speaking in relative terms! They were soft compared to receivers! Looking like we will dominate the baby lizards for many years to come!

Wrong. DB was actually our strongest group on defense. Our DL and LBs were an utter embarrassment.

Reactions: 4 people
Meh, all part of the coaching carousel.

Rumph was a very good d-line coach for UF, ends up at UT.

Warren appears to be a good coach as well, ends up at UF.

As long as we don’t go tradin’ Mullen for Pruitt, I’m good.
Trading a proven coach for a 1st time coach is a terrible risk. Riiiiight.

Trading a proven coach for a 1st time coach is a terrible risk. Riiiiight.

I for one am very happy we didn’t hire Mullen and hired Pruitt. I honestly think when the dust settles in a few years we will be the ones laughing at the rest of the world, they can laugh now we will laugh later. I initially was all in on Venables but as long as we have a defensive minded coach I’m happy

And before it’s brought up yes I would’ve taken back Kiffin as well. And to be honest toward the end of the search I was kinda all over the place just wanting it to end and then BAM Fulmer delivers us a crown jewel instead of a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: 2 people
Gilespie and Warren are good coaches. We shall see with Shoup. My guess is he will ball out without CBJ to anchor him down.

VN Store

Back