Pruitt not scared to give offers to recruits that is already committed to other place

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Juco RB ready to visit Tennessee
Like this one and others. It seems that he isn’t scared to offer a scholarship to a lot of these recruits that has already committed, and for them to come and visit. I don’t recall Butch Jones going after those like that, or maybe I didn’t pay attention?:):hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Like this one and others. It seems that he isn’t scared to offer a scholarship to a lot of these recruits that has already committed, and for them to come and visit. I don’t recall Butch Jones going after those like that, or maybe I didn’t pay attention?:):hi:
what exactly would he have to be afraid of?

Reactions: 3 people
This happens every day. Am I missing something?

i think the thing that stands out is how many of these prospects that were never offered by us.

when you look at the offers we've sent out this week, and the type of players some of these are...it almost feels like we had a "we're not good enough for that player" or "we got no shot, so focus attention elsewhere" mentality.

Pruitt is going after top tier talent. no matter who we're competing against, or if they're committed elsewhere.

very much a mentality of "you don't know, til you ask" and he's actually got more than a couple of kids that are committed elsewhere, coming to Knoxville on OV's.

no big commitments or anything yet, but i think it's safe to say he really meant it....we're going to mix it up with any program to try and get the best talent.

Reactions: 10 people

Well oiled thread generating machine.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch was good at selling the program. He was not excellent at player development. He was bad at press conferences and making strategic decisions on the sideline while under pressure.

Hope this helps clarify the things we can blame on Butch.

Reactions: 5 people

I would be upset if Coach Pruitt and staff wasn't recruiting committed players.....that's their job until said recruit signs his Letter of Intent.

Reactions: 1 person
umm why would he be scared? at this point in the game he should send out offers to everyone.

Reactions: 2 people
I would be upset if Coach Pruitt and staff wasn't recruiting committed players.....that's their job until said recruit signs his Letter of Intent.
I’m sure he already knew the talent level while recruiting in Alabama for 2018. He probably already had everyone’s reports on his desk there. So, in my mind, he is finishing it now.

I’m sure he already knew the talent level while recruiting in Alabama for 2018. He probably already had everyone’s reports on his desk there. So, in my mind, he is finishing it now.

I think it's great we now have a Head Coach that has standards. No need of wasting a scholarship on a recruit that will never play a single down.

OP should have said not intimated instead of scared but I do understand what you are saying! Just Pruitt!

VN Store

Back