Tennessee to face Will Grier a second time

VolsnRavens

West Virginia QB Will Grier to return for senior season, face Tennessee in first game

"Grier landed at West Virginia after being suspended for one year for performance-enhancing drug use at Florida. Grier’s first game of his senior season with the Mountaineers will be in Charlotte, N.C. against none other than former SEC East rival Tennessee.

Volunteers fans have bad memories of Grier after he did this against them in 2015 while playing for the Gators."

Reactions: 2 people
And we'll beat him for a second time. (We beat UF in 2015)

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Josh Dobbs was an animal that game. Such a shame we lost. He lead the team in passing, rushing, and receiving that game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB run the ball with that kind of intensity. He was bulldozing Florida players.

Reactions: 10 people
Josh Dobbs was an animal that game. Such a shame we lost. He lead the team in passing, rushing, and receiving that game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB run the ball with that kind of intensity. He was bulldozing Florida players.

Butch Jones owes that man his buyout money. His ability masked Butch's poor coaching and kept him around another two years.

Reactions: 14 people
I still wonder how UF had a bunch of players get the flu (not even in flu season) between the Ole Miss and UT game in 2015 yet no UT or OM players got the flu.

Of course, one way to treat the "flu" is with steroids......

Reactions: 2 people
Does Grier have the extra arm strength needed to complete the pass to Amex Callaway late in Q4 due to the roids?

Last edited:
I still wonder how UF had a bunch of players get the flu (not even in flu season) between the Ole Miss and UT game in 2015 yet no UT or OM players got the flu.

Of course, one way to treat the "flu" is with steroids......

Different steroids. They are the anti inflammatory kind not the muscle building kind. I think the reason the Gators all had the flu is because they are Pu$#$%.

Reactions: 1 person
A good defense can slow down WVU. Texas held them to 14. TU's defense was improved this year, but I expect UT's to be better next year under CJP. Main problem is that it's first game and there may be freshmen in the secondary.

A good defense can slow down WVU. Texas held them to 14. TU's defense was improved this year, but I expect UT's to be better next year under CJP. Main problem is that it's first game and there may be freshmen in the secondary.

could be freshmen in other positions too...they'll have to grow up fast...:)

GO VOLS!

I was at the WVU-Texas game this year when Grier got hurt, husband is a Longhorn grad. Coming off the field you could see his finger bent back. WVU is losing a lot of starters as seniors, Crawford, the running back is gone. A good defense can get the 'neers, but Grier was impressive.

Grier is a stud. Seems like a decent guy from what I've seen personally and heard from others. Married with a kid now. Everyone up here loves him. I'm nervous about this being our opening game. The Grier to SillsV connection will be tough to stop.

Any other Vol fans in northern WV? I know I've seen some around town. Apparently there is a house in town with a huge Power T flag on the front porch.

VN Store

Back