Antone Davis Claims Butch Jones' Wife Spread False Info

VolsnRavens

If this is true. Then it's easy to see why Lyle was starting to lose control of his teams. They were losing respect for him.

Report: Antone Davis Claims Butch Jones' Wife Spread False Info | RTI

In an email to John Currie in late October, Davis claimed that working under Butch Jones “has been one of the worst experiences I have ever had” and said that he wasn’t leaving Tennessee because he wanted to but rather “I am leaving because I must.”

An email to Reid Sigmon, Tennessee’s executive associate athletic director, from November 2nd was obtained by the Knoxville News Sentinel. And in the email, Davis claims that Barb Jones had been telling current Vol players that he had been fired rather than stepping down.

“I want you to know that I have been contacted by three different people that have stated that Barb Jones, Butch’s wife, has told some parent(s) of our current-student athletes that I was fired because I was leaking information to the media,” Davis wrote to Sigmon. “This is absolutely untrue and it is exactly the type of thing I feared would happen.”

I'm so glad we've moved on from Lyle. Let's get back the respect that the Vol name deserves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
That new nugget makes me wonder if she told Cade May’s mom what a horrible place UT is. It has been mentioned that Cade’s mom is the one pushing him towards other places, and he has openly trolled our fan base.

Reactions: 9 people
I'd like to believe she was just repeating what Butch lied to... I mean said to her.. Who knows though..

As has been said, information, that puts Butch in a bad light, will continue to filter out in the coming weeks/months...

Reactions: 2 people
You know it was bad when a coach's wife was creating football program drama.

Shoulda fired Butch way earlier in the season.

Reactions: 6 people
Just stop with the slander. Both, Antoine Davis and Jones are no longer employed at Tennessee.

Davis burned his bridges with UT with the way he handled himself after he left. He is probably now regretting that and trying to find a way to blame someone else. So let's pick on the wife.

He is not the innocent person you all want to think he is.

Reactions: 14 people
Yeah, something seems strange with that. I think something could have been said. See this story.

UT Vols: Is Cade Mays interested in Tennessee?

Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

Reactions: 13 people
I'm probably one of a very few that feels this way but the more Antoine goes public with his complaints, the more he sounds like a crybaby.

Reactions: 12 people
Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

So you are saying it is the fans fault that he went sour and not the 41-0 azz kicking the football team and coaches are responsible for. Amazing. You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: 35 people
He didn't go public. I cant believe there are people on here that still take up for that scum bag Jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25 people
He didn't go public. I cant believe there are people on here that still take up for that scum bag Jones.

He did go public. He was on talk radio everywhere the day the announcement about him leaving happened.

Vol Twitter and folks on here were quoting him from those interviews.

I can't believe that some take up for someone because he is a VFL.

Reactions: 5 people
And if he hasn't said things in public - how do you believe this stuff is getting out there?

How? Because Davis went public right away and folks blindly believe him because of who he is. Stop being a sheep!

Reactions: 4 people
So you are saying it is the fans fault that he went sour and not the 41-0 azz kicking the football team and coaches are responsible for. Amazing. You can't make this stuff up.

Players who want to make the university great again will get over a loss and understand they can help. If you don't believe that booing, general negativity doesn't impact a decision by a person - I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: 7 people
That new nugget makes me wonder if she told Cade May’s mom what a horrible place UT is. It has been mentioned that Cade’s mom is the one pushing him towards other places, and he has openly trolled our fan base.

I'll bet you anything that Barb was the one on the grassy knoll too.

Man I cannot wait to hear what else the Jones' effed up...

You guys are pathetic

Why would Antone Davis bring this to light now? No one believes he was fired, the Jones are gone and this is a non issue if true.

They are not a part of the Volnation anymore, leave them be.

Reactions: 2 people
Just stop with the slander. Both, Antoine Davis and Jones are no longer employed at Tennessee.

Davis burned his bridges with UT with the way he handled himself after he left. He is probably now regretting that and trying to find a way to blame someone else. So let's pick on the wife.

He is not the innocent person you all want to think he is.

We need more dip Barb

Reactions: 12 people
Players who want to make the university great again will get over a loss and understand they can help. If you don't believe that booing, general negativity doesn't impact a decision by a person - I don't know what to tell you.

And if you don't understand that this happens at every school with every fan base, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: 15 people

VN Store

Back