Knox Catholic High/Clemson

biggestvols

It’s hard to believe Knoxville has allowed one of its best football school become a recruiting stronghold for Clemson. Clearly they recruit Knoxville talent that is steered away from TN. I sure hope Pruitt can clear whatever poor taste that lingers with their coach after he left the TN program as a transfer to Memphis in the early 90’s or that he is removed from Knoxville soon.

Sorry intended this for the recruiting forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The people at fault when it comes to this are the people in Knoxville who will cheer for these kids when they turn their back on their home state and play for Clemson. Guys like Tee Higgins and Cade Mays should be ostracized for not going to UT. They should feel social pressure to represent their home state. And if they don't wanna do that then get the hell out of Tennessee and never come back.

Reactions: 26 people
In 5A at least. Didn't Maryville barely beat them? I know my Cougars got smoked in front of all 7 of their fans lol

The people at fault when it comes to this are the people in Knoxville who will cheer for these kids when they turn their back on their home state and play for Clemson. Guys like Tee Higgins and Cade Mays should be ostracized for not going to UT. They should feel social pressure to represent their home state. And if they don't wanna do that then get the hell out of Tennessee and never come back.

? Lol maybe they just don't like the direction of the program?

Can't say I blame Higgins. Why come here to just block. Mays doesn't know Pruitt.

Reactions: 6 people

Not so sure about that approach.

The high school coach plays a big part in recruiting. Kids are kids. Matthews has an ax to grind for not getting to play qb at Tennessee when Fulmer was OC. He transferred to Memphis. It seems pretty clear he’s steering these kids to other schools.

Look, Tuscaloosa or Athens would never let this happen. Even if they were down. The coach doesn’t like TN bc Fulmer wouldn’t play him. It’s that simple. He needs to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
It wouldn't be right to pressure a kid into playing for a coach he doesn't like. That would make our entire fanbase look insane.

Reactions: 1 person
DQ-QnGeVAAAiROK.jpg
DQ-QnGhUEAEopBC.jpg
couldnt get the twitter screenshot but it shows Fulmer and CJP at KC on Dec 13

Last edited:

I’ve read a lot of idiotic things on this message board but this may top them all. To fault a kid, or anyone for that matter, because they didn’t blindly choose a school based solely on its geographic location is moronic. So you can’t or won’t support a kid because he does what’s best for himself? Higgins is a receiver and Tennessee was obviously not developing receivers while Butch and his staff were here but Higgins is supposed to jeapordize his future and risk not getting the most from his potential and attend anyway? And you think it’s wrong to support a person that makes a smart decision like that? Unreal.

Reactions: 34 people
Who's had more recent college talent in Knoxville than Catholic. Harrison Smith? Amari? Mays? Please debate.

I can tell you this, none went to UT. Having a school in Knoxville sending all its talent elsewhere is pretty embarrassing for TN and Knoxville.

Last edited:

HAH!! That's the antagonism UT needs to stop being a doormat. This deserves a new button called "love"!

Reactions: 3 people
I’ve read a lot of idiotic things on this message board but this may top them all. To fault a kid, or anyone for that matter, because they didn’t blindly choose a school based solely on its geographic location is moronic. So you can’t or won’t support a kid because he does what’s best for himself? Higgins is a receiver and Tennessee was obviously not developing receivers while Butch and his staff were here but Higgins is supposed to jeapordize his future and risk not getting the most from his potential and attend anyway? And you think it’s wrong to support a person that makes a smart decision like that? Unreal.
Can you believe their were other posters who actually liked his post. Guess morons attract morons :eek:lol:

Seems like a very strange mentality to me. I am from NJ and went to Clemson, after looking at schools all over the country. Should I have been “ostracized” for not going to Rutgers? I get that Mays has a familial connection but it just seems oddly presumptuous to assume that a kid needs to go to the major school most geographically near where he grew up...🤔

This post is pathetic. If kids want to leave home for college they don't need to be told to get the hell out of Tennessee and never come back. Social pressure? Ostracized? Stupid.

Reactions: 18 people

I get yours and everyone else's angst over this, but these are 17 & 18 kids.

You can’t be serious. By this logic, UT should never get a top prospect from any state other than Tennessee. Everybody should always play for their home state, right? If not, run them out of town!

Don't blame the kids for not going to UT. I don't blame Tee Higgins for not comming here. The way Butch ran this offense. If your a good WR you not going to UT anyways. Now that Pruitt is head coach that will change.

Reactions: 2 people

I feel like you really cranked up the stupid and ripped the knob off with this one

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back