Rush Probst

militarydude

Listened to a S Ga radio show last night that had him on. Said he had talked to Phil and JP on numerous occasions and would see Pruitt next week after Championship game this weekend in Ga. He would be an amazing addition to this staff. Hope he finds a way to make it to Knoxville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Listened to a S Ga radio show last night that had him on. Said he had talked to Phil and JP on numerous occasions and would see Pruitt next week after Championship game this weekend in Ga. He would be an amazing addition to this staff. Hope he finds a way to make it to Knoxville.

I would be amazing to land him with all the Power 5 schools that are in the running for his services.

Reactions: 2 people
Buyer beware. Based upon everything I've heard about the guy from living a few counties away in S. GA for quite a while, he's shady...someone will have to keep him on a short leash from a PR/NCAA/other standpoint, as bamawriter alluded to in his post.

Reactions: 4 people
He runs the best program in the State of Ga that was a perennial door mat before he arrived. Down year this year and playing for the State Championship. You may not like the man from his past mis givings but has seemed to turn his life around. I live about 30 minutes from where he coaches now and you never hear anything bad about him. Great coach who knows how to develop talent. He would be a HC somewhere already if not for his double life many years ago. Does he deserve a chance?

Reactions: 4 people
PHP:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ow2x7pilOek" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well one thing for sure, Rush would instill some toughness whereever he is at - primadonnas need not apply :eek:lol:

You may be correct but UT doesn’t need to be hiring a high school coach with no SEC experience.

Buyer beware. Based upon everything I've heard about the guy from living a few counties away in S. GA for quite a while, he's shady...someone will have to keep him on a short leash from a PR/NCAA/other standpoint, as bamawriter alluded to in his post.

Probably is "shady" based on readings and the E60 report on him, but there are a lot of "shady" guys working in college programs. With his ties in the south, adding him on in whatever capacity, obviously while closely monitored, would be a nice addition.

Reactions: 3 people
He going to headbutt the players on the sideline in the middle of a game? After googling him, he looks like a nightmare to deal with PR wise.

Reactions: 8 people
He runs the best program in the State of Ga that was a perennial door mat before he arrived. Down year this year and playing for the State Championship. You may not like the man from his past mis givings but has seemed to turn his life around. I live about 30 minutes from where he coaches now and you never hear anything bad about him. Great coach who knows how to develop talent. He would be a HC somewhere already if not for his double life many years ago. Does he deserve a chance?

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, and I don't dispute that he transformed the Packers into a regional power from virtually nothing. I don't dislike the guy - I don't know him - but in the relatively tenuous juncture that UT's program resides, his leash needs to be short for a while if he lands in Knoxville if for no other reason than to let him adjust to the college level and associated differences from high school. When I was living in Lowndes County (up until 2013) it was admittedly fun seeing the region shaken up and VHS and LHS have some decent competition finally.

Reactions: 1 person
I've heard him speak at some coaches clinics. Have also seen how he runs a program. It's HS but make no mistake he is one hell of a coach. Very smart offensive mind. Don't know how he would fit in on the staff?

Why he is so successful the way he runs his practices, and his players would make several college teams jealous.

TBH i live in Lowndes county as well and have since 07. He without a doubt brought another lever to the region. His teams are dynamic and fun to watch. My son played at Lowndes and i wish he would of played for Rush

TBH i live in Lowndes county as well and have since 07. He without a doubt brought another lever to the region. His teams are dynamic and fun to watch. My son played at Lowndes and i wish he would of played for Rush

No kidding? I'd be willing to bet we have some common acquaintances/friends. It's crazy how much the area has changed over the past 10-20 years. I still miss grabbing a burger and a beer at the Bleu Pub down in Valdosta sometimes.

He going to headbutt the players on the sideline in the middle of a game? After googling him, he looks like a nightmare to deal with PR wise.

I mean our guys do need some toughness, we've been getting our asses whipped by empty helmets under the past coaching regime.

VN please assist, who is Rush Probst?

According to the video...some high school/frustrated, never was much of anything as an athlete guy with "short-mans syndrome" who likes to bully high school kids...

Think that about covers it....

Or...that guy who used to be on MTV back when "DownTown Julie Brown" dressed like Jodi Whatley...

Last edited:

You're absolutely right. I live in the Hoover area and did back when he was here. He shouldn't be anywhere near a college program or shouldn't be allowed to recruit in any form or fashion. Too many fans are just looking at the surface and not all the Shady stuff that went down while he was at Hoover. Take Chad Jackson for example. He wasn't even living in Hoover then suddenly his mom was given a job and place to live in Hoover and Chad suddenly was able to live in Hoover and play football there. There's hundreds of story's about him finding ways to get the better players moved to Hoover and able to play football there. Then throw in his side chic addiction's and having a secret 2nd family. He got a lot of guys in Hoover fired that tried to cross him. He had that much power. Long as he coaching and player developing that's cool but he's even allowed to remotely recruit for TN then fast forward 5-8 yrs and there will be sanctions or at the very least strong accusations. I don't know how he's run the program in GA but my bet is he hasn't changed his ways. I understand Pruitt being loyal to Rush but if he brings him in he better keep a short leash and babysitter on the payroll.

VN Store

Back