2491 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Which would you choose and why? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 12-14-2017, 09:42 AM   #16
fade route
Just being honest

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Good grief, I would let Butch coach the 1998 roster over this roster and Pruitt
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #17
orangeluvr

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Some people like KFC original recipe , some like KFC extra crispy. Thin crust pizza is better than thick crust(?).
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #18
volfanbill
Fear The Monarchs!

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilmonty View Post
Thing about that team was, few superstars but Solid Talent and depth Everywhere!!!

Few superstars on the 98 team? Holy crap, what do you consider them?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #19
SaintLouisVol

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Those guys on the 1998 team are out of eligibility, so I'd have to go with the first option.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #20
VolArmy74

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
The 1998 team was stacked with NFL players. I'd pick it 42-3 over this team with Fulmer coaching it.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #21
Squints
The kid is a L7 weenie

Which would you choose and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuctech777 View Post
Jimmies and Joes not xís and oís
The most overused, inaccurate phrase in football.

Proof?

Butch Jones.

A player's supposed ability, ranked by a subjective metric, only goes so far. The maxims abruptly come to mind now....

Something about discipline, intensity, fundamental football...criteria that are implicitly defined in those maxims, and are lead-pipe cinch truths to X and O football.

Last edited by Squints; 12-14-2017 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #22
dan4vols
I hate the Gators dig it?

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
To say the least Iím no computer guru but thereís much to be said for the act of returning to protected files. Going back to when orange Volunteer football was clean and strong by coach Fulmer returning to help guide the program feels like the right move, Iím at peace with it. That said I support CJP in that he is the coach, itís his show now. Go Vols!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #23
i2amavol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFLCodyGBO View Post
1998 Coach Fulmer (without his staff, just the man and a randomized staff that may or may not include members of the original staff) with this yearís team

or

CJP (with his current staff) and 1998s team.
I would take CJP and this staff and the '98 team in a heartbeat.

I have nothing against Fulmer, and there may be something to this VFL thing (though I am not totally convinced), but Fulmer with this year's team and not knowing who the staff is - It's a no for me.

After the debacle of the last decade, I can certainly see the AD being a VFL (as a good thing). I think this definitely helps the situation, but it may be more important that he is an ex-coach, and not just a pencil pusher - but I guess that's a subject for another thread.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #24
93TNVol
It Wasnít Me

Which would you choose and why?
Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
I will take General Neyland and the 1939 team who went 70 something quarters without allowing an opponent to score. Entire season shoutout every opponent. NCAA record that will never be broken.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #25
R481967
Circle Drill

That year, unbeaten, untied, unscored upon... still blows my mind. But 1998 - I was there, all the way through, National Championship, all. Have our tickets framed. What a year.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #26
VolinMichigan
Jon He Does It

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
That team was dripping with NFL talent. I'll take the players with Pruitt & Staff all day, every day.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #27
Fighting Possum
U of Memphis AFROTC INSTR

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
This one is a complete no brainer. Al Wilson would be playing for CJP and that would be the only thing that matters!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #28
Orangedogsrule
PULEEZE LET SMOKEY WIN!!!

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
Good grief, I would let Butch coach the 1998 roster over this roster and Pruitt
much not enchanted you are see I.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #29
wtmvol

Which would you choose and why? Which would you choose and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFLCodyGBO View Post
1998 Coach Fulmer (without his staff, just the man and a randomized staff that may or may not include members of the original staff) with this yearís team

or

CJP (with his current staff) and 1998s team.
I think 1998's team, currently in their late 30s and early 40s, could suit up and destroy our current team. They could just coach themselves.
Reply With Quote TOP