Fulmer

VolForLife83

I know it seems like desperate times right now in recruiting, but seeing Fulmer on the recruiting trail........ Guess a lot of folks were right about him trying to "get in the way" and hiring someone that would allow him to control the next HC. What's y'alls thoughts on seeing Fulmer recruiting

Jump to post 60 before replying to this.

Here

Everyone calm down. Most here know I'm a Fulmer supporter. My op was written very poorly due to somewhat of an altered state of mind and being half asleep. I think what I was trying ask was, if this was clarifying the opposing crowds agenda. Could they have been right? How does this make us look? As stated, though poorly, I know this is a hard and critical time in recruiting for us. To us, we see it as a positive. But could it actually be off putting to the recruits and their families? It's possible others will use this against us and it actually have a negative impact. Only time will tell

Last edited:
I know it seems like desperate times right now in recruiting, but seeing Fulmer on the recruiting trail........ Guess a lot of folks were right about him trying to "get in the way" and hiring someone that would allow him to control the next HC. What's y'all thoughts on seeing Fulmer recruiting

He loves this great university. I'm greatful for his help in recruiting.

Reactions: 44 people
Crazy thought- maybe Pruitt asked him to help? Seeing as how there's an early signing period coming and JP has to prepare for the playoffs maybe he's just trying to lend a hand.

Reactions: 12 people
Tennessee is way, WAY behind on our recruiting with this new early signing period right on top of us.

Many top recruits have seemed to make up their minds on where they plan to play and after they're signed it's over for us.

If we can add some doubts in the kids minds and give them some options to think about then if we get them to delay signing until the regular National Signing Day that will give us much more time to try to flip them to Tennessee and that delay in signing will be a Win for our recruiting.

Once upon a time Fulmer was a excellent recruiter, he wears a National Championship ring and he's in the Hall of Fame and he bleeds Tennessee Orange and still totally loves football so all of that will get some kids and their parents attention.

Not many people in a AD position could, or would, be able to step in and help with recruiting at all so Fulmer offering to work his butt off and help Coach Pruitt attempt to get some good players on our roster is a very positive thing at this point.

Fulmer has his plate very full as a new AD with lots to learn and all Tennessee sports to oversee so him being willing to add all of this to his plate is proof that he still really cares about our footVol Team.

After CJP has all his coaches hired and on the hill working then AD Fulmer will go back to his AD position.

I appreciate AD Fulmer being willing to do extra work and help CJP by making lots of extra phone calls and by packing his bags to hit the road to do whatever he can to try to make Tennessee footVol great again.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 35 people
Let’s see...
- Fulmer loves UT
- UT just had one of the greatest debacles ever during a coaching search
- a new coach was just hired
- coaching staff not complete yet
- some (a) current recruit(s) dad(’s) that played for UT w/ Fulmer as a coach in on capacity or another
- Fulmer has always been a good recruiter
- w/ Fulmer as AD, it gives us our first AD since Doug Dickey that actually has played/coaches athletics, this he knows the importance of reestablishing a sense of stability w/i the program

So.... pick one & run with it.... I’m sure he’s aware once we get past this early signing period & the coaching staff fills out that Coach Pruitt & his staff will be more than capable to recruit & Fulmer will see recruits briefly when they come to campus for visits (if then...) ... personally I think fulmer helping out is a good thing & I have no doubt Coach Pruitt welcomes the help.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't see how this is some sort of proof he interfered with the Currie search. Plenty of reports have stated those rumors aren't true.

Reactions: 5 people
I guess those that question Fulmer's motives haven't recognized the 11-13 decommits that we've had since the firing of Butch. We're down around 40 something in ranking right now from a top 6 ranking. CJP has 4 coaches on the road, of course he needs Fulmer's help. Especially showing him the landscape at UT. Fulmer has given his all for Tennessee and is the epitome of what a VFL truly is. He was fired, but it didn't keep him away from the program. Now, as AD, he's doing everything he can to help right the ship. There is definitely unwarranted hate for Fulmer and I don't know why.

Reactions: 16 people
He is one of the ALL TIME, BEST, recruiters ever!

We should be thankful he is willing to help, while he can. When CJP's staff gets filled, Fulmer will have to stop recruiting.......

Reactions: 5 people
Lol what?

Fulmer is an asset on the recruiting trail. Pruitt doesn't have a full staff at the moment, so why wouldn't he have Fulmer recruiting guys? Especially recruits with Tennessee ties.

Reactions: 3 people
Fulmer bears nothing but goodness and love for the university. He has a great message for any kid thinking about coming here, and I'm glad coach Pruitt wants him to share it.

Reactions: 2 people
I know it seems like desperate times right now in recruiting, but seeing Fulmer on the recruiting trail........ Guess a lot of folks were right about him trying to "get in the way" and hiring someone that would allow him to control the next HC. What's y'alls thoughts on seeing Fulmer recruiting
Fulmer will meddle until the day the dies. Many feel he is bigger, pun intended, that UT. He is our Paterno.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's better to say nothing and be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and CONFIRM IT!

Reactions: 4 people
If I thought the guy at the local Walmart could help with recruiting, I would have him on the trail also. Dont’t see what the big deal is with Phil recruiting...the man was a master recruiter and we can use all the help we can get. Go Vols.

Lol

Fulmer will meddle until the day the dies. Many feel he is bigger, pun intended, that UT. He is our Paterno.

Maybe this was supposed to be blue font? Cause, you know, having an AD that was a successful coach for the same university he played for and won a national championship at couldn't help recruiting, could it. smh

I'm of the opinion if it helps recruit kids to UT, I don't care who is doing it. So the fact that a true VFL, college football HOFer, NC coach is involved, I'm not sure why anyone outside of our rivals should complain.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back