Worst case for TN

Neyland Law Vol

So there are rumors that Saban is considering going back to the NFL for the NY Giants job.

Was actor/comedian Tom Arnold (gasp) right about Nick Saban and the Giants?

If this is true, I think a worst case for TN is Saban leaves after the CFB playoffs, and Bama gets CJP to come back home to Bama as their HC.

You know he would take it. We would then be left again without a head coach just a few weeks before National signing day.....

Hope this doesn't happen but its a risk when you hire a Bama grad and Saban likely only has a limited time left at Bama. Someone will need to replace him.

Of course all this is speculative and unlikely. For conversation's sake though, if Bama steals CJP 5 or 6 years down the road and CJP has a chance to rebuild TN first - fine. But if it happens in a similar way to Kiffin - only a year or two in to the rebuild - it could crush us again...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Saban ain't going to the NFL. He would be nuts to go some where he might be fired in after a couple of mediocre season. The NYG is a bad job.

Reactions: 6 people
Wait a second....you mean like next month????

Yeah, the rumor in that article says Saban would be gone to the Giants but for Bama making the playoffs. Its just rumors, but it is a nightmare situation for TN if it happened. You know Bama would be attracted to CJP given his bama ties.

I don't think Saban is going to the Giants. And this 1-2 year business, I'm sure the giants are going to hire a coach this year, not in 1-2 years.

So there are rumors that Saban was considering going back to the NFL for the NY Giants job.

If this is true, I think a worst case for TN is Saban leaves after the CFB playoffs, and Bama gets CJP to come back home to Bama as their HC.

You know he would take it. We would then be left again without a head coach just a few weeks before National signing day.....

Hope this doesn't happen but its a risk when you hire a Bama grad and Saban likely only has a limited time left at Bama. Someone will need to replace him.

Of course if Bama steals CJP 5 or 6 years down the road and CJP has a chance to rebuild TN first - fine. But if it happens in a similar way to Kiffin - only a year or two in to the rebuild - it could crush us again...

My bama friend says Lil Dabo will be their next head coach......or that is their first choice.

Reactions: 3 people
Saban ain't going to the NFL. He would be nuts to go some where he might be fired in after a couple of mediocre season. The NYG is a bad job.

^This! And the NY Fans and sports media are NOT terribly forgiving to say the least!! :blink::blink:

So you think the guy that got hired about a week ago is going to leave next month?

Attachments

• 8C19C95E-4E6A-49AB-97D0-2A8A2809DA46.jpeg
    8C19C95E-4E6A-49AB-97D0-2A8A2809DA46.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,235
Reactions: 14 people
So there are rumors that Saban is considering going back to the NFL for the NY Giants job.

Of course if Bama steals CJP 5 or 6 years down the road and CJP has a chance to rebuild TN first - fine. But if it happens in a similar way to Kiffin - only a year or two in to the rebuild - it could crush us again...

CJP would be crazy to follow Saban that quickly.

Top of the list for Bama would be Dabo and CJP isn't even close to that alum.

Bama will go after Dabo stronger than they went after saTan.

Nothing to worry about with this dumb rumor.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
Yeah, the rumor in that article says Saban would be gone to the Giants but for Bama making the playoffs. Its just rumors, but it is a nightmare situation for TN if it happened. You know Bama would be attracted to CJP given his bama ties.

If you think Bama would hire anything but a proven head coach to lead their national championship program then you’ve lost it. Successful head coaches would be beating down the door for that job. Pruitt wouldn’t even get an interview.

On top of that Saban makes more at Bama and has a program that runs and recruits itself. I’d bet a good chunk of money he retires right where he is at. Now if Pruitt turns this orange mess around and the opportunity arises in 4-6 years, then this is a possibility. Not at all right now.

Absolutely 0% legitimacy to this thread.

Reactions: 11 people
So you think the guy that got hired about a week ago is going to leave next month?

No I don't think this will happen. But if the Bama job opens up - whether soon or down the road - whether due to health reasons for Saban or otherwise - CJP will be on their list.

And how could he say no if they came calling.

Just as I said, its a worst case for TN. although unlikely.

My bama friend says Lil Dabo will be their next head coach......or that is their first choice.

If Dabo wins another natty this year, he will definitely follow Saban. You never want to be the guy that follows the legend. However, Dabo getting a second natty means he beat Bama for a second straight year and he could easily follow Saban and not have anyone questioning him from the beginning.

Won't happen unless Dabo turns them down. They'd go after him first before going after Pruitt, even then they might make a hard push for Kirby before Pruitt.

Hopefully he does go to the NFL. Even if it meant (and it's ridiculous to think they'd go there) them hiring Pruitt. Tennessee would still be better off in the long run just having him out of the SEC.

As was pointed out, Bama will put their money where their mouth is, they aren't shopping in the bargain bin like we did again with this search. I'd look for them to go huge at Sean Payton and Dabo.

CJP grew up a die hard Bama fan. Played College Ball at Bama. He is an alum. Then got his first College job at Bama under saban. He has held three different coaching positions on the Bama coaching staff. He is now an SEC HC. He is a logical choice for them if they miss on Dabo.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back