2018 Football Schedule

carpbc

The 2018 Vol Football Schedule

SEPT 1 WVA @ Charlotte, NC EVEN - We have a new staff and a team of new players getting to know one another. This game will be a "trial run." Could possibly be a win because WVA is not that strong of a team, and our coaches may be able to get the ashes cleaned up in time. They are a good team of coaches and I have great confidence in them.

SEPT 8 ETSU WIN

SEPT 15 UTEP WIN But do not take the Miners lightly, because they will be upset-minded.

SEPT 22 FL LOSS Yes, thinking that Currie would have the sense to go after Mullen, the Gators overpaid to get get him. However, he is a good coach and they haven't lost the players like we have due to the administrative mess we have had. This should be a close game and a win is certainly possible... but not likely at this point. We shall see.

SEPT 29 @ UGA LOSS Kirby-Cue is losing some of his best players from last last year, but he does have a couple of good QB's. The Vols will be much more competitive than in 2017, so it will not be a blowout for the Whiner-Doggies.

OCT 13 @ AUB LOSS Malzahn got a nice raise and decided to stay on the Plains. He had a good group of players and has recruited well; therefore, it appears there should be little drop off in talent for 2018. Like with the UGA game this should be a loss. We should be competitive, but unfortunately wind up with a "X" in the Loss column.

OCT 20 BAMA LOSS A chess match between Saban and one of his star pupils (Pruitt). Again, a closer game than 2017, but yet another tough "X" in the Loss column.

OCT 27 @ USCe EVEN After four tough games (and learning experiences) the Vols, if not too badly beaten up, have a respite against USCe. Muschamp, for good reason expects to beat us us in 2018. However, he needs to realize that there is a new sheriff in Knoxville who says, "Smokey, it's high past time for us to roast some USCe Chicken! Let's gitt'er done! Aight???" Despite the Chickens having home field advantage, we could get a win.

NOV 3 Charlotte WIN Should get a win here.

NOV 10 KY WIN Butch and players who quit are gone! Fired-up coaching staff, players who want to play and who have been coached up, and a supportive athletic director... Smokey will be hunting down some kitties in 2018, and it won't be rosy for the folks in blue.

NOV 17 MO WIN The Tigers lost the OC who directed their awesome offense in 2017. UT lost their anemic coaching staff and hired a healthy coaching staff. This will be the second game in a row that Smokey gets to eat some Kitty-kat meat. Probably a close game, but put an "X" in the Win column.

NOV 24 @ VANDY WIN Sorry Vandy fans, but you guys and gals are relegated back to being the cellar dwellers of SEC once again. Butch is GONE! By now, our coaching staff is working like a well-oiled machine, and our players are gaining confidence on the field and trusting each other. They are bowl bound and playing with a new-found swagger. Commodore, you had best sound "May day!" for your ship has just been sunk."

So, looking at the schedule, considering what players remain from the 2017 team and are healthy enough to play, the new recruits, and how quickly the new coaching staff can get this team clicking together... I would surmise that our 2018 record would probably be somewhere between

A) 6 wins / 6 losses and a minor bowl game (2 or 3 of the losses should be really close, if not wins)

B) 9 wins / 3 losses and a mid-level bowl game (none of the losses should be an blowout)

The improvement we see in 2018 and the bowl game will help in team morale, confidence, and recruiting. Folks, UT football is definitely on the way back! We will see glimpses of it in 2018, but by 2020 opponents will not want to walk onto the field at Neyland Stadium to face our VOLS!

:popcorn:

Reactions: 11 people
I see something similar to 2010 with Dooley. We struggle early, give a couple of really good teams a scare (but lose) and come on a bit towards the end once the schedule lightens up some. I think 6-6 or 7-5 is a good range.

There's 3 games that should be W's, 3 that should be L's and 6 that are some variation of a toss up so that's how I came up with 6-6.

The 2018 Vol Football Schedule

SEPT 1 WVA @ Charlotte, NC EVEN - We have a new staff and a team of new players getting to know one another. This game will be a "trial run." Could possibly be a win because WVA is not that strong of a team, and our coaches may be able to get the ashes cleaned up in time. They are a good team of coaches and I have great confidence in them.

SEPT 8 ETSU WIN

SEPT 15 UTEP WIN But do not take the Miners lightly, because they will be upset-minded.

SEPT 22 FL LOSS Yes, thinking that Currie would have the sense to go after Mullen, the Gators overpaid to get get him. However, he is a good coach and they haven't lost the players like we have due to the administrative mess we have had. This should be a close game and a win is certainly possible... but not likely at this point. We shall see.

SEPT 29 @ UGA LOSS Kirby-Cue is losing some of his best players from last last year, but he does have a couple of good QB's. The Vols will be much more competitive than in 2017, so it will not be a blowout for the Whiner-Doggies.

OCT 13 @ AUB LOSS Malzahn got a nice raise and decided to stay on the Plains. He had a good group of players and has recruited well; therefore, it appears there should be little drop off in talent for 2018. Like with the UGA game this should be a loss. We should be competitive, but unfortunately wind up with a "X" in the Loss column.

OCT 20 BAMA LOSS A chess match between Saban and one of his star pupils (Pruitt). Again, a closer game than 2017, but yet another tough "X" in the Loss column.

OCT 27 @ USCe EVEN After four tough games (and learning experiences) the Vols, if not too badly beaten up, have a respite against USCe. Muschamp, for good reason expects to beat us us in 2018. However, he needs to realize that there is a new sheriff in Knoxville who says, "Smokey, it's high past time for us to roast some USCe Chicken! Let's gitt'er done! Aight???" Despite the Chickens having home field advantage, we could get a win.

NOV 3 Charlotte WIN Should get a win here.

NOV 10 KY WIN Butch and players who quit are gone! Fired-up coaching staff, players who want to play and who have been coached up, and a supportive athletic director... Smokey will be hunting down some kitties in 2018, and it won't be rosy for the folks in blue.

NOV 17 MO WIN The Tigers lost the OC who directed their awesome offense in 2017. UT lost their anemic coaching staff and hired a healthy coaching staff. This will be the second game in a row that Smokey gets to eat some Kitty-kat meat. Probably a close game, but put an "X" in the Win column.

NOV 24 @ VANDY WIN Sorry Vandy fans, but you guys and gals are relegated back to being the cellar dwellers of SEC once again. Butch is GONE! By now, our coaching staff is working like a well-oiled machine, and our players are gaining confidence on the field and trusting each other. They are bowl bound and playing with a new-found swagger. Commodore, you had best sound "May day!" for your ship has just been sunk."

So, looking at the schedule, considering what players remain from the 2017 team and are healthy enough to play, the new recruits, and how quickly the new coaching staff can get this team clicking together... I would surmise that our 2018 record would probably be somewhere between

A) 6 wins / 6 losses and a minor bowl game (2 or 3 of the losses should be really close, if not wins)

B) 9 wins / 3 losses and a mid-level bowl game (none of the losses should be an blowout)

The improvement we see in 2018 and the bowl game will help in team morale, confidence, and recruiting. Folks, UT football is definitely on the way back! We will see glimpses of it in 2018, but by 2020 opponents will not want to walk onto the field at Neyland Stadium to face our VOLS!

:popcorn:

My thoughts as well. I do think we beat W.Va and then beat Fla at home. Fla had just as many on and off the field issues as we did. They actually may have had worse QB play than we did. It's close either way.A and they lose 15 SR's plus any JR's that may come out or transfers.The absolute floor is 6 wins and max ceiling being 9. I think we go 8-4 or 9-3 with loses to Ala, GA, AU. Then possibly SCe just for the fact Muschamp has owned us. Honestly the only pretty much guaranteed losses are Ala and AU. With W.Va, Fla, S.Carol and Ga being the swing games. At the very least we go 2-2 and could catch loses at GA and at S.Car. I will take 8-4 next season all day.

2 outta 3 wins between WV, FL, SC would be good. Just don't see a win against AL, GA, or Auburn...so if allota things go our way, an 9-3 reg season would be epic! 8-4 would be a very strong 1st season for Pruitt. 7-5 realistic, and I would admittedly be disappointed at 6-6 with Pruitt and Staff (Fulmer's support) at the helm.

I see something similar to 2010 with Dooley. We struggle early, give a couple of really good teams a scare (but lose) and come on a bit towards the end once the schedule lightens up some. I think 6-6 or 7-5 is a good range.

There's 3 games that should be W's, 3 that should be L's and 6 that are some variation of a toss up so that's how I came up with 6-6.

Do not put that curse on us! :yuck:

This season will be a 7 win season. Plus an 8th win in bowl game. Wins UTEP. ETSU. Charlotte Vanderbilt Kentucky South Carolina Missouri. Loses Florida Georgia Auburn Alabama and West Virginia
2019 will be a bad season. We lose Kelly Kongbo Phillips FDormady Abernathy Bates Bain Kirkland Hall Hayden Tuttle McKenzie.

Reactions: 2 people
This season will be a 7 win season. Plus an 8th win in bowl game. Wins UTEP. ETSU. Charlotte Vanderbilt Kentucky South Carolina Missouri. Loses Florida Georgia Auburn Alabama and West Virginia
2019 will be a bad season. We lose Kelly Kongbo Phillips FDormady Abernathy Bates Bain Kirkland Hall Hayden Tuttle McKenzie.

If Pruitt can put a staff together that can actually develop talent (it looks like has so far) then losing some players may be addition by subtraction. I'll take a well developed, talented sophomore starter over a player who has been under multiple position coaches for years and years, and has never been really developed. Maybe Pruitt and Co. can even help some of the talent Jones's staff wasted live up to its potential.

Reactions: 1 person
SEPT 1 WVA @ Charlotte, NC WIN

SEPT 8 ETSU WIN

SEPT 15 UTEP WIN

SEPT 22 FL WIN

SEPT 29 @ UGA LOSS

OCT 13 @ AUB LOSS

OCT 20 BAMA LOSS

OCT 27 @ USCe WIN

NOV 3 Charlotte WIN

NOV 10 KY WIN

NOV 17 MO WIN

NOV 24 @ VANDY WIN

Reactions: 6 people
I'd love to see our new defense stomp the proverbial mud hole in Will Grier to start the season.

Most of the guys you mentioned have not really produced that much yet, especially players like Kongbo and bates. Losing Kelly and Kirkland will hurt though. Pruitt has already shown he is trying to get in on some JUCO guys for the 2018 class so 2019 will most likely have JUCO signees as well.

Reactions: 1 person
6-6 I'd be happy.

Win 2 of 3 from Vandy, KY, Mizzou. Split with SC & FL. Win all three OOC or Drop WVU but beat SC and FL.

I see 6 to 8. Rough stretch games 4-7, as usual, have to assume that that’s likely 4 consecutive losses....or is it? I’m gonna choose to be positive, same way I was with Jones his first 2.5-3 years, and believe that Pruitt’s change of culture, ability to develop football players (nowhere to go but up there) and recruiting abilities makes lemons out of lemonade in year 1. I believe he’ll have our guys playing more aggressively and much smarter than 2017....guarantee no one is gonna for 535 yards vs a team Jeremy Pruitt has anything to do with, this I can tell ya.

VN Store

Back